Author Topic: IPhone problems  (Read 1128 times)

Offline coffeebean

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
IPhone problems
« on: June 12, 2018, 09:21:49 PM »
Hey my mother just switched to sprint from Verizon ($15 plan) and for some reason the data doesn't work at all, it says "could not activate cellular data network, you are not subscribed to a cellular data service". We called up Sprint and tried everything out there, taking in and out sim card, resetting network in settings, dialing ##873283#..., restarting phone, turning on and off data service, the only thing we didn't try was formatting phone which definitely isn't an option. Sprint Customer Care gave up, and said to "go to a Sprint store", which was really annoying and they didn't want to help us because we have the $15 plan they said "we don't deal with people that have the $15 plan". Anyone ever had such a problem, or anyone have any type of solution, anything and everything is appreciated. Thanks in Advance

Offline sillypainter

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: IPhone problems
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2018, 10:01:18 PM »
Check the APN. Reset network settings.

Offline coffeebean

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2018, 10:03:44 PM »
Check the APN. Reset network settings.
Reseted network already

Offline yesitsme

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2018, 10:53:29 PM »
Hey my mother just switched to sprint from Verizon ($15 plan) and for some reason the data doesn't work at all, it says "could not activate cellular data network, you are not subscribed to a cellular data service". We called up Sprint and tried everything out there, taking in and out sim card, resetting network in settings, dialing ##873283#..., restarting phone, turning on and off data service, the only thing we didn't try was formatting phone which definitely isn't an option. Sprint Customer Care gave up, and said to "go to a Sprint store", which was really annoying and they didn't want to help us because we have the $15 plan they said "we don't deal with people that have the $15 plan". Anyone ever had such a problem, or anyone have any type of solution, anything and everything is appreciated. Thanks in Advance
I understand thar you're annoyed but it's much easer to debug when they see your device.
Why isn't formatting a option backup all your info and hit factory reset.
["-"]

Offline Definitions

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2018, 12:34:29 AM »
Go to a different store?
Maybe try swapping phones and then swap it back.
My Tapatalk notifications don't always work.

Offline coffeebean

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2018, 07:34:26 AM »
Quick update, I brought the phone to a relative and he fixed it in 3 seconds. He thinks I'm crazy, lol

Offline yesitsme

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2018, 07:38:23 AM »
Quick update, I brought the phone to a relative and he fixed it in 3 seconds. He thinks I'm crazy, lol
And you expect sprint to help you over the phone ?!
The red button on top left of the dialog there's a X click on it to close the window.......
Yes I had to guide a customer like that and believe me it's frustrating.
["-"]