Author Topic: Will The NY Post Apologize?  (Read 2851 times)

Offline HelpMe

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Will The NY Post Apologize?
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2012, 01:42:23 AM »
She obviously hates and is MAD. But I feel like in a way we brought this upon ourselves. To go threaten people who are pressing charges against their attackers is not helping to 'keep things quiet' as well as they hope. Its starting to bring much attention from everyone and seems to be a big chillul Hashem.
Am I understanding you correctly that is better to “keep things quiet” then to expose what is going on and talk about it in the open?
"Elvis Has Left The Building"

Offline Drago

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2012, 08:13:55 AM »
Unfortunately, if our community cant get our things in order, suffering through these articles may be the best thing for our future. Sometimes it takes public embarrassment to cause real change.

Personally, I'm in favor of public castrations as a way of dissuading future incidents. And I only say this half sarcastically.

Offline sky121

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Will The NY Post Apologize?
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2012, 09:04:54 AM »
Am I understanding you correctly that is better to “keep things quiet” then to expose what is going on and talk about it in the open?

No. Not at all. I'm saying that to all those people who do believe that,  their actions are specifically backfiring and drawing attention ...negative attention at that. People trying to threaten the victims etc.

I think people should be charged and dealt with accordingly. Not necessarily to shout it from the rooftops but to do all that is necessary that it won't happen again.
"Not all who wander are lost"

Offline sky121

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2012, 09:05:59 AM »
Unfortunately, if our community cant get our things in order, suffering through these articles may be the best thing for our future. Sometimes it takes public embarrassment to cause real change.

Personally, I'm in favor of public castrations as a way of dissuading future incidents. And I only say this half sarcastically.

Yes, at the very least I hope all this attention helps people to be strong,  to do the right thing and to have the courage to speak up.
"Not all who wander are lost"

Offline HelpMe

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2012, 09:49:03 AM »
Yes, at the very least I hope all this attention helps people to be strong,  to do the right thing and to have the courage to speak up.
+1

Offline good sam

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2012, 10:32:56 AM »
I love the irony of this article.  She complains about the ultra orthodox getting special treatment, but will never acknowledge that the ultra-orthodox always get "special" treatment in the press. Imagine if instead the article had read:

There exists in this city a group of unparalleled pervert - the blacks.

How quickly would she be out on her a**?  The orthodox Jews are always excepted from the rules, and it kills her that in one instance it is in a so-called "favorable" way. 
If you don't care why would you comment?
HT: DMYD

Offline mordy44

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2012, 03:12:45 PM »
It seems like the nypost is on a mission. There where two articles in today's paper about 2 rabbis who are accused of child molestation. One has been dubbed the "bin laden of pedophiles and is "safely in Israel".
   :'(

Offline HelpMe

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2012, 04:03:51 PM »
It seems like the nypost is on a mission. There where two articles in today's paper about 2 rabbis who are accused of child molestation. One has been dubbed the "bin laden of pedophiles and is "safely in Israel".
   :'(
This is only going to get worse.

Offline Drago

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2012, 04:51:13 PM »
This is only going to get worse.
He ran away in the 80's, so that's not indicative of a problem today. However, there are unfortunately other examples from today.

Offline HelpMe

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2012, 05:15:14 PM »
He ran away in the 80's, so that's not indicative of a problem today. However, there are unfortunately other examples from today.
I meant about the NY Post. Once then get on a subject like this they just won't let go. As far as Mondrowitz goes it is pretty sad the way he was protect.