Author Topic: Booking on TAM  (Read 2630 times)

Offline Fan of Dan

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Booking on TAM
« on: May 24, 2012, 10:27:38 PM »
I am trying to book a flight on TAM from the Brazilian site as it is a good 60 dollars cheaper then on the US site however when I get to the end of the booking by the billing info it asks for a CPF (Somente números) number which is some Brazilian identity number and it is not letting it go without it. When I called TAM they said that there are sales for Brazilians and if you come up with a Brazilian CC you can do it or just go on the Intl. site. Anyone ever tried making up a CPF? Using a Brazilian travel agent who would have a good cc of course?

Offline Fan of Dan

• View Profile
Re: Booking on TAM
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2012, 12:52:02 AM »
One thing worth adding is that I discovered online how to generate a made up identity number (cpf) using the Brazilian system, so wondering if I have anything to lose by trying it.

Offline smart brit

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2012, 01:23:52 AM »
What's the worst that can happen? Ticket not issued?

Offline Fan of Dan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2012, 01:27:49 AM »
What's the worst that can happen? Ticket not issued?
That would not be to bad. It can also be issued and then I can get penalized for booking a brazilian only fare with a fake id number. Guess that may be remote but just trying to figure this out.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2012, 01:34:53 AM »
I doubt they check ID.
I booked fares on GOL's .br site back in the day and saved a boatload.  Don't remember it asking for a CPF though.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Fan of Dan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2012, 02:37:24 AM »
I decided to risk it and after I built up the courage to spend the 500 dollars I got this

Estamos com dificuldades com as informações fornecidas sobre o cartão de crédito. Confirme as informações sobre o cartão de crédito no seu perfil e volte a tentar. (4620)

As per google transalate this means they cannot process my card. Seems like Brazilian fares are only avail to those with a Brazilian cc. The fake ID (cpf) seemed to work though.

Offline SGF

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hertz President Circle
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2012, 12:07:44 PM »
I decided to risk it and after I built up the courage to spend the 500 dollars I got this

Estamos com dificuldades com as informações fornecidas sobre o cartão de crédito. Confirme as informações sobre o cartão de crédito no seu perfil e volte a tentar. (4620)

As per google transalate this means they cannot process my card. Seems like Brazilian fares are only avail to those with a Brazilian cc. The fake ID (cpf) seemed to work though.
correct, if your credit card is brasilian it will only work on the brasilian site and if it is american it can only be used on the international site

Offline Fan of Dan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2012, 03:53:38 PM »
correct, if your credit card is brasilian it will only work on the brasilian site and if it is american it can only be used on the international site
gotta say that is pretty nasty posting sales only avail to Brazilians. With Gol they even agrees to allow me to pay at the airport since they could not take my us card.