Author Topic: Translating application message  (Read 1438 times)

Offline mringelheim

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Translating application message
« on: May 30, 2012, 12:22:52 PM »
Can someone tell me if this means I have a shot at getting approved and if not does it pay to contact american express

Thank you for applying for the Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card. Your application has been received and will be processed as soon as possible and we will notify you of the decision by mail within 14 days.
Thank you for applying

Offline compddd

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Translating application message
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2012, 03:12:14 PM »
2 weeks is viewed as a good sign, 7-10 business days is viewed as a denial usually.

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2012, 03:16:22 PM »
2 weeks is viewed as a good sign, 7-10 business days is viewed as a denial usually.

You're talking about Chase.

That has not been discussed as being the case with AmEx AFAIK.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline Mama_Mermaid

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2019, 08:58:29 PM »
Well, did any of you end up getting approved, or not? I'm curious to know because I also just got that same 14 day letter message, and I hate waiting!
I have been getting their "Special Offers" from Delta SkyMiles for months, and they keep getting stuck in my mailbox b/c they are freaking Huge! I mean, really? Does your offer have to be the size of a magazine? Just saying. Getting sidetracked, so anyways, the offer expired today, so I said eff it and applied. I didn't even want this stupid card in the first place tbh, I guess they subliminally made me want the card, but now that I actually take them up on their "offer" I have to wait? WTF. I regret applying now. I can't see them wasting time, making me wait, just to deny me, Right?
 I had a similar message with my United card from Chase a few years ago when I first applied, but they just called me later on that same night and all they wanted was to verify my identity and then I was approved, so i'm wondering if this is the same deal? I have 2 other AA cards, does that matter? I would like to know how many ppl on average have been approved/denied after getting this 14 day letter. :-*