Author Topic: United Seat preference "expert"  (Read 979 times)

Offline jack2act

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
United Seat preference "expert"
« on: May 31, 2012, 08:53:36 PM »
On Seat Expert I found this post, but it no longer works.
Can anybody advise me as to how to set the preference to An Expert?

The SeatExpert
February 3rd, 2011 at 8:15 pm
The UAL.com site is still working this way with some minor changes:
Expert mode is now set under: My Profile -> My travel information -> Display preferences is the fourth section.
Make sure you set this selection to “An Expert”, otherwise, none of this will work.
Now that you have set the Expert mode, do the following:
1. You could either use the pull-down menu, under “Planning and Booking”, and select “Book with miles”, OR on the home page, just select the tab on the left “REDEEM MILES”
2. Either way, make sure that you select the radio button “Standard Award” so that you can see the inventory easily.
3. A simple test to see if you are doing it right is to try to book LAX-SFO using miles on a STANDARD AWARD.
4. It will cost you 50,000 miles, but don’t worry, we are not actually going to book the flight, just to demonstrate the steps.
5. There will be 10 – 15 flights each day between LAX and SFO listed, move your cursor to the “Flight details” in BLUE, just below and to the right of the link to “View seats”.
6. Do not click the “Flight details”, just leave the cursor on top of it for a second or two, and a pop-up will be displayed showing the available buckets are described above.
7. If this is still not working, double check that you have set EXPERT MODE, and that you are using STANDARD AWARDS.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Re: United Seat preference "expert"
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2012, 09:04:46 PM »
You don't have to anymore, just click on fare class.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline jack2act

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: United Seat preference "expert"
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2012, 04:37:47 PM »
 ;) you are so good!
have a great Shabbos  ;D