Author Topic: Car for Sale  (Read 5450 times)

Offline ilikedeals

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Car for Sale
« on: May 30, 2012, 10:49:03 PM »
I am looking to sell my 2003 Toyota Avalon XLS. It has 115XXX miles and is in good condition. It is leather, heated seats, other options..

Pls PM if interested.

Offline Saver2000

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Car for Sale
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2012, 11:34:59 PM »
I am looking to sell my 2003 Toyota Avalon XLS. It has 115XXX miles and is in good condition. It is leather, heated seats, other options..

Pls PM if interested.

Where is the car located? Was it maintained? Does it have valid/current inspection?

Offline ilikedeals

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2012, 12:01:47 AM »
Where is the car located? Was it maintained? Does it have valid/current inspection?

Car is in NY, is in good conditions and is valid current with inspection.

Offline DrDanny

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2012, 12:14:33 AM »
Is it free? I don't see a price ;)

Offline ilikedeals

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2012, 12:19:46 AM »

Thats because it says PM if interested... :-) Are you?

But for you.. Looking for around $7800.

Offline mclovin

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2012, 12:19:58 AM »
i dont understand that rule. in many cases you should not have to give a price. if u are interested it really is not that much effort to send a pm. and the price shouldnt really change ur interest. you can safely assume he is not giving it (or many items) away for free or charging way to much. so if you acually have an interest in the car then move your mouse and send a pm. and this applies to many other items.
/rant

Offline Saver2000

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2012, 12:25:23 AM »
i dont understand that rule. in many cases you should not have to give a price. if u are interested it really is not that much effort to send a pm. and the price shouldnt really change ur interest. you can safely assume he is not giving it (or many items) away for free or charging way to much. so if you acually have an interest in the car then move your mouse and send a pm. and this applies to many other items.
/rant

Dan has stated many times that this place is not ebay.  FWIU the point of rule is so there shouldn't be bidding wars on every item that goes up for sale. It seems that Dan isn't into that kind of way of doing business.

Offline mclovin

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2012, 12:32:13 AM »
Dan has stated many times that this place is not ebay.  FWIU the point of rule is so there shouldn't be bidding wars on every item that goes up for sale. It seems that Dan isn't into that kind of way of doing business.
im not saying that no items should have a price but most people dont say hmm that 7k car is 500 off today i think i will take it etc. also its hard to have a bidding war when its done through pms. and finally why should the seller lose out. maybe he posts an item at 75 but had he not put a price someone would have offered 100. and if the buyer would offer 50 he can just say im looking for 75.

Offline Saver2000

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2012, 12:40:31 AM »
im not saying that no items should have a price but most people dont say hmm that 7k car is 500 off today i think i will take it etc. also its hard to have a bidding war when its done through pms. and finally why should the seller lose out. maybe he posts an item at 75 but had he not put a price someone would have offered 100. and if the buyer would offer 50 he can just say im looking for 75.

And that's another good point - but its just the opposite.

Why should the buyer get ripped off just bec he may not know the going rate/value of the item? If the seller has a price in mind,  he should state it openly instead of catching a big clueless fish and charging more than he ever expected to even get for it.

Obviously it would be great for the seller but many people considere that non-ethical, which I believe Dan is one of those and you can therefore make that into another reason for the rule.

Its like the American tourist shopping in Israel and the guy makes up a price based on how rich you look.  Its great for him and there's definitely no way around it, but image every market place was like that. Would you like it?

Offline mclovin

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2012, 09:16:29 AM »

Why should the buyer get ripped off just bec he may not know the going rate/value of the item? If the seller has a price in mind,  he should state it openly instead of catching a big clueless fish and charging more than he ever expected to even get for it.

Obviously it would be great for the seller but many people considere that non-ethical, which I believe Dan is one of those and you can therefore make that into another reason for the rule.

Its like the American tourist shopping in Israel and the guy makes up a price based on how rich you look.  Its great for him and there's definitely no way around it, but image every market place was like that. Would you like it?
i dont think the buyer should be getting ripped off or that it will happen. this is the internet, not a brick and mortar store. 2 minutes of research will get him an idea of what an item should cost.

Offline Koko

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2012, 12:02:26 PM »

+1 totally agree. This forum is to help people to get a good deal

Offline ilikedeals

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2012, 02:08:58 PM »

Pls PM if interested.

BUMP

2003 Toyota Avalon XLS in Grey for sale with 115,XXX miles. It has grey leather, sunroof, remote start, and wood trim interior. We need a larger car so unfortunately have to sell now. Was in a minor accident and was all properly fixed. The car is in good condition and can go many more miles and years. There are some minor dings and dents which always happen when you live in NY and there are some minor issues that do not affect driving and are not to expensive to fix. Edmunds.com says my car would be valued at $8000 for a private sale and more from a dealer but I am not asking that much. I am willing to negotiate within reason so if interested please PM me.

Also if anyone knows of anyone who deals in used cars and would be interested please let me know.

Thanks

Offline leeboy

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2012, 05:05:55 PM »
/rant

Too many times the buyer has a unreasonably high price and is just wasting everyone time just to see who is interested. Being upfront with your price ultimately with save much time for the members and for the straightforward  seller

Offline ilikedeals

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2012, 05:32:23 PM »
Too many times the buyer has a unreasonably high price and is just wasting everyone time just to see who is interested. Being upfront with your price ultimately with save much time for the members and for the straightforward  seller

If that is the case than I am asking for around $7800 but am willing to negotiate. If interested please make an offer.

Offline Ergel

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Car for Sale
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2012, 05:47:46 PM »

If that is the case than I am asking for around $7800 but am willing to negotiate. If interested please make an offer.
What did the dealer offer you? 5? 4?
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Offline ilikedeals

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2012, 08:27:47 PM »
What did the dealer offer you? 5? 4?

I am not sure why it matters to you what a dealer would pay. If you are a dealer and are interested make an offer. A dealer price and private sale price are very different.

Offline ilikedeals

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2012, 10:52:48 PM »
BUMP. Car is still available and I'm still looking to sell. Willing to go lower so please PM with a decent offer.

BUMP

2003 Toyota Avalon XLS in Grey for sale with 115,XXX miles. It has grey leather, sunroof, remote start, and wood trim interior. We need a larger car so unfortunately have to sell now. Was in a minor accident and was all properly fixed. The car is in good condition and can go many more miles and years. There are some minor dings and dents which always happen when you live in NY and there are some minor issues that do not affect driving and are not to expensive to fix. Edmunds.com says my car would be valued at $8000 for a private sale and more from a dealer but I am not asking that much. I am willing to negotiate within reason so if interested please PM me.

Also if anyone knows of anyone who deals in used cars and would be interested please let me know.

Thanks

Offline ELIG

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2012, 04:03:17 PM »
small inexpensive things have to be fixed and asking 7800??? more like 5k makes sense

Offline ilikedeals

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2012, 04:36:10 PM »
small inexpensive things have to be fixed and asking 7800??? more like 5k makes sense

I did not say they have to be fixed, i said can be fixed. They do not affect driving at all and only need to be fixed if it bothers the owner. Also $7800 was a while ago, the previous post says willing to go lower and PM if interested.

For $5000 it would have been gone a long time ago. It is worth more and if your interested PM me please.