Author Topic: Free $6.00 a year (perhaps $9) on the chase sapphire (perhaps others)  (Read 1255 times)

Offline Yordai Dooma

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA EXP/LT Platinum, SPG gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National EE,
I should probably post this in the joke section...but it has to deal with credit cards.

I opened the chase sapphire a few months ago just to get the sign up bonus and redeem the points for some gift cards.
I have no use for the card and therefore dont use it.
The first month i used it to park at a meter on the street and wiped it for $0.50. I didnt use it the rest of the month and was waiting to get the bill for all of 50 cents. When i got the bill it showed a credit adjustment where they "wrote off" the 50 cents making my balance zero. So i kept the card in my wallet and tried it out the next month and lo and behold they did it again. Just got my new bill and again i owe nothing :).
There must be some kind of automated system that writes off balances smaller than a specific amount. I wonder how much i can spend each month before they actually make me pay the bill. I would try 75 cent this month, but i never park that long at a time :). Until then, this is my parking meter card:)

Yes this is a joke and not worth it if you have to spend time thinking about it. I park very few times a month at the meters. I'll keep it in my coat pocket and pull it out each month when i park for the first time at a meter.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Re: Free $6.00 a year (perhaps $9) on the chase sapphire (perhaps others)
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2010, 08:24:02 PM »
I've found this to be true on all Chase cards with statement totals of $1 or less.
One of those bizarre quirks...
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline MOSES

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2010, 09:19:14 AM »
so 12 bucks a year!

Offline Charles The Govenor

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA PLAT AA PLAT
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2010, 02:16:53 AM »
12 free miles a year ; )