Author Topic: No Kosher Meals on United in F from HNL?  (Read 11093 times)

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
Re: No Kosher Meals on United in F from HNL?
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2012, 06:05:54 PM »
BF Pillows, blankets, and for the gentiles full multi-course meal service with menu options.  And lounge access

The HNL flights haven't had all that for a few years now and the flights are not marketed as BF, though the seats on some routes are better than domestic F.

Not sure about the food, but they don't give out pillows and blankets on the PMCO 772s, EWR-HNL?
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2012, 06:07:59 PM »
Not sure about the food, but they don't give out pillows and blankets on the PMCO 772s, EWR-HNL?
They give the shabby blanket and piilow like they used to have in coach back in the day.
They don't have the nice BF blankets and pillows like they used to have on the HNL flights back in say 2009.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2012, 06:14:40 PM »
They give the shabby blanket and piilow like they used to have in coach back in the day.
They don't have the nice BF blankets and pillows like they used to have on the HNL flights back in say 2009.

Wish I could say I knew what those were like :P
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline youthink

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2012, 04:02:11 AM »
A 3rd call to UA yielded in many 'special meals not available on that route.' I pointed out the website says otherwise and can I please speak to a supervisor. Repeatedly put me on hold to get a supervisor but instead kept on returning that she verified the info and the system won't let her request it. Finally she claims she called a different department and that I will get KSML. Whatever. Lousy or not I'd still like to receive what I'm entitled to. HUCA...time consuming.....but it works.   

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2012, 09:44:37 AM »
A 3rd call to UA yielded in many 'special meals not available on that route.' I pointed out the website says otherwise and can I please speak to a supervisor. Repeatedly put me on hold to get a supervisor but instead kept on returning that she verified the info and the system won't let her request it. Finally she claims she called a different department and that I will get KSML. Whatever. Lousy or not I'd still like to receive what I'm entitled to. HUCA...time consuming.....but it works.

At this point I'd say you have a 50-50 shot at getting a KSML, at most.

I'd call again to confirm it's noted on your reservation.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2012, 11:01:21 AM »
Nah, at this point bring your meal and be happy with the $150 or $200 per pax voucher they'll throw at you after you write a letter.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 03:47:23 PM by Dan »
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline outinstyle

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2012, 03:42:45 PM »
Anyone know if there is Kosher on AA in First LAS/ORD/EWR?

Called twice – told no kosher meals available. Does it pay to HUCA (like our buddy above) or is AA different?

Booking Code : Z
Cabin Class : First

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2012, 03:48:29 PM »
Anyone know if there is Kosher on AA in First LAS/ORD/EWR?

Called twice – told no kosher meals available. Does it pay to HUCA (like our buddy above) or is AA different?

Booking Code : Z
Cabin Class : First

AA has kosher in first and business class only on transcontinental flights in the US like JFK-LAX.

Offline outinstyle

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2012, 04:06:15 PM »
So if there is a stopover in Chicago, there is no special meals, even in First?  :(

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2012, 04:07:26 PM »
So if there is a stopover in Chicago, there is no special meals, even in First?  :(
Correct.  Nonstop transcon only.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2012, 11:16:35 PM »
Nah, at this point bring your meal and be happy with the $150 or $200 per pax voucher they'll throw at you after you write a letter.

That'd work, too. It may even be preferable ;)

Offline chuchem

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2012, 04:32:18 AM »
Please call and let us know if they can see the kosher food or the agent just said yes last time to get rid of you

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2012, 12:21:13 PM »
If you really want to know the only way is probably to PM UAInsider on FT.

Offline Yordai Dooma

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA EXP/LT Platinum, SPG gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National EE,
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2012, 08:31:15 PM »
AA has kosher in first and business class only on transcontinental flights in the US like JFK-LAX.

Its pretty strange that AA serves them on JFK-LAX which is a 6 hour flight but not on ORD-HNL which is a 9 hour flight

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2012, 08:53:31 PM »
Business route versus leisure route.

Offline youthink

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2012, 11:08:33 AM »
The story continues......and the result....no KSML.

I called UA the morning of departure and they confirmed we will have our special meals. Upon check-in I asked to confirm and the agent said its just not there. She checked and double-checked, called the gate, called catering and nothing. She blamed the new reservation system that has been causing 'all kinds of problems.' What she did give was was 2 $100 UA credit vouchers valid for one year.

On the plane we verified once again that meals were not on board. Agent again blamed new system and that there was nothing noted on the reservation. She gave us 2 cards with a unique serial number to be used at http://united.com/appreciation. I gives the following options:

You must select one offer before exiting this screen

$50 E-Certificate: For travel within the 50 United States, Puerto Rico, or U.S. Virgin Islands during the travel period specified. Save off published United fares on a qualifying flight purchased at united.com. Discount applies only when ticket is purchased within the 50 United States, Puerto Rico, or U.S. Virgin Islands using a credit card with a valid U.S. billing address. Ticketing and travel by June 8, 2013. Terms and conditions

10% Off E-Certificate: For travel to and from any city served by United or United Express during the travel period specified. Save off published United Economy fares on a qualifying flight purchased at united.com or on a united.com worldwide site. Ticketing and travel by June 8, 2013. Terms and conditions

Both agents said I can probably get more if I write in, but 'you have to do it, as they won't listen to us.'

What do you think? Can I do better? $300 for two missed meals doesn't sound too  bad.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2012, 11:33:47 AM »
Business route versus leisure route.
Perhaps also harder to arrange KSML in HNL? Or the NYC st manager knows more about Jews?
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2012, 11:35:26 AM »
Perhaps also harder to arrange KSML in HNL?
Nope.
In fact I know of many people not getting KSMLs IAH-HNL but from HNL it has showed up.