Topic Wiki

When signing up for auto insurance, make sure you know what coverage you're getting, and what your deductibles are.

Which Insurance Broker would you recommend:

5MinuteInsure.com
Moshe Fishman
Online Comparison and Purchasing Platform for Auto, Home or Bundle Insurance
Recommended by - Reb Moshe

Nationwide- Yehuda Spero
443-845-9552
speroy@nationwide.com

Insurance Depot
718-921-2300
Info@insdepot.com
Recommend by -Z56

Trumper Insurance
845-356-1899

Recommend by -Yammer

Worldwide Rental Car insurance ask Superflyer

Poll

How much liability insurance do you think is prudent?

Statutory minimum
41 (16%)
61 (23.7%)
18 (7%)
72 (28%)
37 (14.4%)
2 (0.8%)
1m
16 (6.2%)
more than 1m
10 (3.9%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Author Topic: Car Insurance Master Thread  (Read 321742 times)

Offline RJ898

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Auto Insurance
« Reply #120 on: July 10, 2012, 02:21:18 PM »
Brooklyn has accidents through the roof so the insurance companies hate it. I can always say I live upstate. Who would let an insurance company come into their house?!
Part of the vast right wing conspiracy.

Offline RJ898

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 10, 2012, 02:22:49 PM »
Insurance goes by where the car is parked most of the year. Assume you're suing the insurance company for $250,000, do you really think you'll get it like that?
How would they know where the car is parked most of the year? Also, it's a Honda accord, how is that costing 250k?
Part of the vast right wing conspiracy.

Offline KidOOO

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 10, 2012, 02:45:30 PM »
How would they know where the car is parked most of the year? Also, it's a Honda accord, how is that costing 250k?

maybe if you happened do drive into a lambo (:

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #123 on: July 10, 2012, 02:47:26 PM »
Or if you injure someone or worse...better believe they have investigators for that before paying out $250K!
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #124 on: July 10, 2012, 02:50:10 PM »
They will interview your neighbors, check security cameras in your neighborhood, stake out your house etc... They will find out. Really not that hard. As for 250K what if you injure someone? It's really dumb to play with insurance companies if you ch"v injure someone or worse with out insurance you could be spending the rest of your life in debt or jail. Bli ayin hara I'm just saying in general this is what I was taught.

I have an uncle who was a doctor and was injured and couldn't work anymore. His insurance company brought him to court andaccused him if lying one of the proofs they brought is that they saw him sweeping his house with a broom when his hand where suppose to be out of commission.
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #125 on: July 10, 2012, 05:16:25 PM »
I think its whats called the grey area

No, its called insurance fraud, and yes they'll deny you quicker than you say "but...", and yes, you can go to jail for it.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline KidOOO

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 10, 2012, 05:38:05 PM »
No, its called insurance fraud, and yes they'll deny you quicker than you say "but...", and yes, you can go to jail for it.

Don't be so sure

There is no fraud in parents letting their kids drive their car even if they live 1000 miles away

Offline AJK

• View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #127 on: July 10, 2012, 05:39:13 PM »
Don't be so sure

There is no fraud in parents letting their kids drive their car even if they live 1000 miles away

With all due respect, you don't have a clue what you're talking about.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline KidOOO

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 10, 2012, 05:41:24 PM »
With all due respect, you don't have a clue what you're talking about.

you tell me. is that fraud yes/no?

no respect needed

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 10, 2012, 05:43:00 PM »
you tell me. is that fraud yes/no?

no respect needed

Tell me the scenario.

Your choice.

Offline KidOOO

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 10, 2012, 05:46:31 PM »
Tell me the scenario.

My point exactly.

you can't deem something general like driving a car registered to your parents as fraud

its a big grey area and deepens on the exact scenario

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 10, 2012, 05:50:49 PM »
 ::)

Nice try.

The original post was:

I'm registered upstate (where my wife's family lives) [and implicitly where OP does NOT] and my 2012 accord premium is $130 a month (Geico/Includes roadside assistance).

You're response (to if that was a risk and borderline insurance fraud) was:

I think its whats called the grey area

That's insurance fraud, period. (Not to mention you'll be up a creek with regard to coverage.)

Nothing general about it.

Offline outinstyle

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 10, 2012, 05:52:31 PM »
Before they pay any large claim (which will occur in most accidents) they WILL investigate. If the car is registered upstate & the licensed driver lives in Brooklyn....good luck!

Offline KidOOO

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 10, 2012, 05:53:37 PM »

Nice try.

The original post was:

You're response (to if that was a risk and borderline insurance fraud) was:

That's insurance fraud, period.

Nothing general about it.

what i understood was the car is registered to his wife's family, which means he is driving his father in laws car.

how is that fraud

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 10, 2012, 05:56:50 PM »
what i understood was the car is registered to his wife's family, which means he is driving his father in laws car.

how is that fraud

Therein lies the issue - your "understanding."

I'm registered upstate (where my wife's family lives) and my 2012 accord premium is $130 a month (Geico/Includes roadside assistance).

Not his father-in-law, him.

Furthermore, even in the event it IS his FIL's car, that possibility is legally irrelevant.

Offline KidOOO

• View Profile
« Reply #135 on: July 10, 2012, 06:03:12 PM »
Therein lies the issue - your "understanding."

Not his father-in-law, him.

Furthermore, even in the event it IS his FIL's car, that possibility is legally irrelevant.

It does seem i miss understood him,

However - I still stand by my opinion that you cannot deem it as fraud based on the that info,

you can say ' it may be fraud' or 'careful little fellow, that looks like fraud'

but you cannot be certain of this being fraud unless you know there was actually fraud involved

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 10, 2012, 06:04:10 PM »

However - I still stand by my opinion that you cannot deem it as fraud based on the that info,

you can say ' it may be fraud' or 'careful little fellow, that looks like fraud'

but you cannot be certain of this being fraud unless you know there was actually fraud involved

The only thing that makes sense in the above post is bolded.

Offline gozalim

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 10, 2012, 06:08:07 PM »

what matters is not your definition of fraud, but rather the insurance company/judge's definition. you can do that, you might be ethically right, but if the insurance company can prove that it is parked in brooklyn more often than upstate, you can yell and scream all you want, they won't pay the claim

Offline KidOOO

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 10, 2012, 06:10:18 PM »
what matters is not your definition of fraud, but rather the insurance company/judge's definition. you can do that, you might be ethically right, but if the insurance company can prove that it is parked in brooklyn more often than upstate, you can yell and scream all you want, they won't pay the claim

I'm glad you are so sure about that

And that still wont make it fraud, our world is full of insurance companies who try to avoid paying off claims even when no fraud was commited

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 10, 2012, 06:16:24 PM »
How's the weather in this little world you've created for yourself? How are taxes? We know how the insurance is.