Topic Wiki

Rubins Deli, Boston MA.
« Last edited by henche on June 01, 2014, 07:27:29 PM »

DansDeals Forum > Destination Guides And Trip Planning

Best kosher restaurants in the world.

(1/59) > >>

jj1000:
Most people on here are Jewish and love to travel. I am surprised there isn't a thread devoted to the best kosher restaurants in the world. (I hope I am not missing a thread.) I don't want this to get into a la marais vs prime grill thread because if either of those 2 make the list I will be very sad. I suppose if that is the best you've ever been to you can post it as such and what your favorite food was. What I am really hoping for is some where not everyone has heard of and is known for a specific dish or just all around amazing food. From what I have been reading in Dan's BA trip report it seems Asia is his number 1. The best for me would have to be either Tierra Sur where I had an Elk burger and a steak forgot the type. (I am friends with the manager at Pat's in LA and he gave me the best meal of my life but that doesn't count because it was all special order and just out of this world special treatment...)
(@HelpMe you will have to eat at some of the suggested restaurants and let us know how they compare :)

ETA Add qualifications such as ambiance, food, milchigs and fleishigs.

HelpMe:
Am I correct in assuming that if I ate kosher food I would not even know it was kosher unless someone told me?

jj1000:

--- Quote from: HelpMe on June 06, 2012, 04:47:20 AM ---Am I correct in assuming that if I ate kosher food I would not even know it was kosher unless someone told me?

--- End quote ---
How would I know? Really it depends on the food. I would assume kosher products can not get all the qualities of certain non-kosher one's. But many basic foods are kosher just look for an O with a K in it or an O with a U in it next time you buy something from a grocery store. That being said there is nothing restricting you from going into the nearest Orthodox kosher establishment and grabbing a bite to eat. Here is a good list of certified kosher places around the world http://shamash.org/kosher/

HelpMe:

--- Quote from: jj1000 on June 06, 2012, 04:53:21 AM --- How would I know?
--- End quote ---
I never looked at it that way. Man am I on a roll tonight.

Dan:
My top 5 would go something like this:

Asian (Buenos Aires).  Delicious free cocktail when you arrive (try their caiparinha and daquiri as well!) along with breadsticks, bread and a number of very good dips, outrageously good appetizers like nothing you've ever had before (Thai Beef Salad, Beef Rolls and Chicken Rolls) and mouthwatering Roasted Beef Entree with succulent roasted potatoes and fries.  And you can order it all without breaking the bank.
La Seine (Beverly Hills).  Out of this world sushi, perfect steak (ask for a variety of sauces on the side), and a warm Lemon Tart is a must.
Tierra Sur (Oxnard, CA).  A menu that constantly changes, is completely different for lunch and dinner and has flavors that you've simply never tasted before.
Le Marais (Manhattan).  Pepper Steak is about as perfect of a steak as you can ask for, the salad, mashed potatoes or fries that come with it are excellent, and the hot chocolate cake with Ice Cream is the best I've ever had. 
La Gondola (Beverly Hills).  You simply can't miss the Avocado Egg Rolls or the Asian Spring Rolls.  BBQ Ribs and Chai Steak are generously sized and awesome.  Chocolate Chip Souflee with Ice Cream is top notch.  Lunchtime special of a Gondola Burger and a soup, fries, or homemade pasta for just $10 can't be beat.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version