Author Topic: American Express Free airline Companion ticket+$100 RESTAURANT.COM CERTIFICATE  (Read 4450 times)

Offline Deal Guy

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
I keep on getting mail from Amex to sign up for membership in TRAVEL & LEISURE, for $2.99 for the first 2 months and receive a free companion ticket plus a $100 restaurant.com certificate and you can cancel at any time. Is it worth it for the $100 restaurant card, or is there some scam involved that I am not aware of?

Offline ChaimB

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
 if U eat non-kosher its probabbly a very good deal. I wouldnt be surprised to find out that the free tkt is off of the Full Fare tkts and not the cheap ones

Offline yeshivaman

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
chaimb, its a good thing you wouldn't be surprised, b/c that's exactly what it is...
i wish i knew what i was doing...

Offline Deal Guy

• View Profile
if U eat non-kosher its probabbly a very good deal.

What are you guys talking about? Restaurant.com is the same site that DAN keeps on putting up on this site with kosher restaurants!
  All I want to know if you are really getting a $100 certificate for $2.99, or is there some scam involved?
 (The airline ticket part isn't worth anything, because you gotta buy the first ticket to Florida (for example), for over $400)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
What are you guys talking about? Restaurant.com is the same site that DAN keeps on putting up on this site with kosher restaurants!
  All I want to know if you are really getting a $100 certificate for $2.99, or is there some scam involved?
 (The airline ticket part isn't worth anything, because you gotta buy the first ticket to Florida (for example), for over $400)
A $100 restaurant.com cert is probably for $100 of restaurant certs, which cost only $8 with the 80% coupon.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Deal Guy

• View Profile
A $100 restaurant.com cert is probably for $100 of restaurant certs, which cost only $8 with the 80% coupon.

Sounds right. But i guess then that it's worth it for 2.99 if there is no strings attached?

Offline A3

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile

Wouldn't 80% off of 100 be $20? 80% of 100 is 80 no? so Dan how do u get to $8? that would be 92% off...
Thanks

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Wouldn't 80% off of 100 be $20? 80% of 100 is 80 no? so Dan how do u get to $8? that would be 92% off...
Thanks
The $25 restaurants certs normally sell for $10, so at 80% off ther're just $2.

Not worth signing up for the $2.99 program and possibly forgetting to cancel the program.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.