Author Topic: GG Checkpoint Line 53 Lives On (United Club Master Thread)  (Read 37477 times)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
GG Checkpoint Line 53 Lives On (United Club Master Thread)
« on: June 06, 2012, 09:15:08 PM »
Many were wondering if this PMCO info and procedure stayed the same after the merger. Indeed nothing has changed, this is a photo from today via FT and relevant to any UC member including new members via the first year free (via SM) UA Club card:

If an agent should refuse to give you a gate pass to access a club just reference GG Checkpoint, line 53 or have them call the UC if needed.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 11:33:09 AM by Dan »
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline aussiebochur

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
Re: GG Checkpoint Line 53 Lives On
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2012, 09:18:14 PM »
Nice!

Lets hope it lives as long as us ;)

Offline eliteflyer

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2012, 10:32:45 PM »
This is good. For a time, I was worried that my FT handle would be be made obsolete/

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2012, 10:35:05 PM »
Nice!

Lets hope it lives as long as us ;)
Amen mate!

This is good. For a time, I was worried that my FT handle would be be made obsolete/
:D
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline JEWDA

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 75
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Dansdeals PRESIDENTIAL Platinum Elite, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Gold, Avis Presidents Club, King Fisher Silver, Hertz #1 Club President Circle Gold, SIXT Platinum, PC Platinum Elite
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2012, 04:42:41 PM »
Whats GG?
Your Ad Can Be Here! PM For Lowest Rates.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2012, 04:47:50 PM »
It's what they type in their internal system to get to "Check Point."

Rumor has it stands for "Go Get"

Offline jkchan83

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2012, 04:04:32 PM »
Great news!

Does this work at any check-in kiosk? I don't have elite status with UA, but have the UA Club membership via the credit card.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2012, 04:10:19 PM »
I wish.
It needs to be done by an agent.

Offline MarktMan

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
Gate pass for UA Club access w/o boarding pass
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2012, 11:22:03 AM »
I am a UA Club member and I read on DD about obtaining a security pass to access the club even without flying. I couldn't find additional info anywhere so I called the UA Club service center and was told that is possible only if I have reserved a conference room in the Club. Has anyone had success with this particularly at EWR? What specifically did you ask for in order to be allowed past security without a boarding pass? Thanks!

Offline JEWDA

• View Profile
  • Programs: Dansdeals PRESIDENTIAL Platinum Elite, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Gold, Avis Presidents Club, King Fisher Silver, Hertz #1 Club President Circle Gold, SIXT Platinum, PC Platinum Elite

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
Re: Gate pass for UA Club access w/o boarding pass
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2012, 01:06:46 PM »
Welcome! Read this thread  http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=15088.0

And this thread  http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=16914.msg237699#msg237699
WOW! Jewda I am impressed!!! That was almost amiable. Seriously I hope you welcome all new members so pleasantly. Nice improvement from yesterday!

@MarktMan WELCOME! And like Jewda said if they don't gove you a GP automatically just tell them to look up GG checkpoint line 53. Works EVERY time AFAAK.
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline JEWDA

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2012, 01:29:57 PM »
WOW! Jewda I am impressed!!! That was almost amiable. Seriously I hope you welcome all new members so pleasantly. Nice improvement from yesterday!

@MarktMan WELCOME! And like Jewda said if they don't gove you a GP automatically just tell them to look up GG checkpoint line 53. Works EVERY time AFAAK.
I always welcome everyone nicely. Not sure what you talking about.

Offline TC610

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2012, 03:54:38 PM »

Does not work every time.  Reports on FT state this is totally YMMV, even if ask them look to up GG Checkpoint 53.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2012, 05:09:25 PM »
Does not work every time.  Reports on FT state this is totally YMMV, even if ask them look to up GG Checkpoint 53.
I've done it 100 times without an issue.  The only issue could be getting them to look up the rule, if they refuse just ask for a super.
Or ideally, just carry a printout of the rule yourself!

Offline MarktMan

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2012, 05:17:49 PM »
Thanks for the response. Where can I find that "rule" to print out? I have only seen the screenshot of the GG Checkpoint Line 53.

Offline TC610

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2012, 05:50:28 PM »
I've done it 100 times without an issue.  The only issue could be getting them to look up the rule, if they refuse just ask for a super.
Or ideally, just carry a printout of the rule yourself!

I don't doubt that it worked 100 times for you.  I wouldn't doubt that it worked many times for others.  Just stating that it is not guaranteed they'll do it for you.  From FT:

Failures in CLE
OK, 2 more trys to get a gatepass in CLE. In early June, was told no because I didn’t have a conference room. I called the CLE UC myself, and they said they never heard of granting such access, and anyway they would support the decision of the front desk agents.

On Saturday, tried again, and was refused. Said I was meeting someone, and showed then a printed itinerary with some info on the passenger. They gave me a pass. On showing my credentials at the UC entrance, I asked them about obtaining a gatepass out front to go to the UC. Both agents said they had never heard of such a policy. They would not try to loof at “GG checkpoint line 53.”

Today I called the 866 # for United Club. The one agent I spoke to said that one always needs a reason to get a gatepass, and simply wanting to go to the Club is not good enough.

Good grief, this is a totally ridiculous policy. Does UA want us all to buy refundable tickets, and then cancel them later? If we did this at the front check-in area with an agent, how much time and effort will that cost them??

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/18888099-post39.html
I tried and was ultimately denied at JFK due to a Mgr saying that since BA owned the terminal their rules superseded UA's policy and there was nothing he could do.

It went down something like this, the front line agent refused to even check GG Checkpoint and went to the back to speak with the Mgr. She came back and said that the Mgr said no and that was final, I asked her to check GG Checkpoint and she said she would get her Mgr instead as she did not want to take responsiblity.

I waited for the Mgr while the agent "played" with the computer infront of her, the Mgr first said that if I wanted I could only access clubs outside of security like LGA, but I said please check GG Checkpoint Line 53 and he said he would later in the day. He got a radio call and while behind the counter the front-line agent who was playing with the computer pointed to the Mgr and he started to read something on the screen ( I realized it was GG Checkpoint) and after reading it a few times, he goes into the back and I wait some more.

Finally he re-emerges and says that while he now believes me, JFK is a special case and that since BA owns the terminal he has to follow their rules and they do not have an exception for UC members.

I am really not sure, but ultimately I was denied and I simply purchased a full fare ticket and went through, refunding it on the other side.

Dan
dan1431 is offline      Reply With Quote

Perhaps the first guy could've pressed the issue with the supervisor his first time around.  Second guy did work with a manager and still couldn't get in.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2012, 06:10:13 PM »
-I know the supers in CLE, had they asked for them they would have gotten in.  Not surprised if they got 2 PMUA agents who didn't used to allow gate access.
-Was he trying to access a UA club in JFK or another club in a different terminal?

Offline aussiebochur

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2012, 07:49:23 PM »
Btw, can also use GG Club Room line 22.

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2012, 02:46:17 AM »
Btw, can also use GG Club Room line 22.
which states?
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline PlatinumGuy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2012, 05:14:44 AM »
which states?
The same thing. There are just different commands to bring it up
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים