Author Topic: Elite and Pres Plus card - how many bags?  (Read 1469 times)

Offline shmooz

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
Elite and Pres Plus card - how many bags?
« on: June 07, 2012, 11:32:58 PM »
 How many free bags do you get if you are both elite and have the chase pres card? I got something in the mail last year that said --

Benefit Changes -- Number of companions eligible for free checked bags. Free checked bags will apply to you and one additional person traveling on the same reservation effective January 1, 2012. This change does not apply to OnePass Elite members.

So it used to be that the card allowed 2 bags for all on the itinerary, then they cut that to the cardholder and one other. But that change doesnt apply to elites. The way I read that is that with the card a silver elite flying to TLV gets 2 bags for each person, not just for 2 people?

And even if this is true, how do you prove it to the agent at checkin?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Re: Elite and Pres Plus card - how many bags?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2012, 11:36:07 PM »
You'll know when you checkin online if nothing else...
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline shmooz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2012, 09:18:28 AM »
You'll know when you checkin online if nothing else...

Would be good to know for sure before, maybe I'll try to see if they can put something in writing for me.

In my case I didnt pay for all the tickets on the res with the PP card, 2 on the PP and the rest on another card, so officially they require that I think, so if it comes down to a dispute they can always say, well you didnt pay for the tickets with the card?

Offline A3

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
Elite and Pres Plus card - how many bags?
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2012, 09:32:37 AM »
YMMV but its worked in the past. Why dont you get a couple Additional users UA Club/PP Cards?

Offline shmooz

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2012, 09:41:13 AM »
YMMV but its worked in the past. Why dont you get a couple Additional users UA Club/PP Cards?
I was thinking of that, so how would it work, our family is traveling together, my wife has an AU card and we go to the checkin together, or we checkin at different counters?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2012, 11:18:07 AM »
I was thinking of that, so how would it work, our family is traveling together, my wife has an AU card and we go to the checkin together, or we checkin at different counters?
Maybe split the PNR, but then you'll definitely lose the elite bennies on the split pax.
But even on the same PNR the PP may work with the right agent.

Has anyone actually flown with a credit card since the new 1 companion waived bag fee went into place?
Is it actually enforced?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.