Author Topic: Who is dealsseeker.blogspot.com  (Read 10342 times)

Offline U-no-me!

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
Re: Who is dealsseeker.blogspot.com
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2012, 06:35:16 PM »
I am sure you use his links too...
 ::)

you deffinitely have to give her credit for giving some meaning to your life
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 06:41:14 PM by U-no-me- »
Vote U-no-me '14!

Offline PlatinumGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2012, 07:11:19 PM »
What do you not like about DD's design?

(maybe you can add some 'constructive' to your criticism... :P)
It isn't up to par with the other travel blogs. I'm not so familiar with the deals sites, but the site is very outdated.

/.02
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline JEWDA

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 75
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Dansdeals PRESIDENTIAL Platinum Elite, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Gold, Avis Presidents Club, King Fisher Silver, Hertz #1 Club President Circle Gold, SIXT Platinum, PC Platinum Elite
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2012, 07:28:36 PM »
It isn't up to par with the other travel blogs. I'm not so familiar with the deals sites, but the site is very outdated.

/.02
you go to blogs for design?
Your Ad Can Be Here! PM For Lowest Rates.

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2012, 07:31:07 PM »

???

That's like asking "do you eat food because it looks good?"

No, you eat it because it sustains you and tastes good. But why not eat something that sustains you, tastes good, and looks good?
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline Walk On the Ocean

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2012, 07:47:07 PM »
by "best cards" she has the capital one venture card
That is certainly not ripped off from DD.
:)

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2012, 07:48:51 PM »
I am sure you use his links too...
 ::)
That eyeroll implies that she's using Dan's info and making $$$ from affiliate links

i don't think that your implied accusation is appropriate since you really don't know the facts
Just my $.02

Offline dirah

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2012, 07:54:28 PM »
That eyeroll implies that she's using Dan's info and making $$$ from affiliate links

i don't think that your implied accusation is appropriate since you really don't know the facts
Just my $.02
Well if she is not making $$$ from affiliate links, then why not use Dan's links and let him make the $$$.

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2012, 07:57:50 PM »
Well if she is not making $$$ from affiliate links, then why not use Dan's links and let him make the $$$.
Maybe she does?

Offline dirah

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2012, 08:09:00 PM »
Maybe she does?
1. Check her links and you will see that she doesn't.
2. She is a member of this forum, and can clarify the facts for herself. Far more useful than other people's maybe's.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 08:13:13 PM by dirah »

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2012, 08:38:48 PM »
1. Check her links and you will see that she doesn't.
2. She is a member of this forum, and can clarify the facts for herself. Far more useful than other people's maybe's.
Agreed.
I'm just saying that everyone who was accusing her must stop and give her the benefit of the doubt
She is a Jew and lets be classy

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2012, 09:21:08 PM »

Please clarify/elaborate...

SuperFlyer said "un-attractive", which implies it's a design issue.
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline Lamdan

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2012, 11:16:39 PM »
Who cares about design- dansdeals is by far the most reliable blog. The other guys so many times are so clueless it is hilarious. Besides for fm they're basically a bunch of Chainik Hackers
DD.com Main Site Deals 0 = DDF Loser

Offline Lamdan

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2012, 11:19:20 PM »
Btw- I think Dan should invite helpme to write some guest posts. I'm sure he can write some interesting stuff.
DD.com Main Site Deals 0 = DDF Loser

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2012, 01:36:35 AM »
Btw- I think Dan should invite helpme to write some guest posts. I'm sure he can write some interesting stuff.
+1

Offline DealsSeeker

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2012, 05:25:11 AM »
Let's just all keep this constructive.

@meshugener Thanks for the compliment, BH they give us much nachas and I am sooo looking forward to spending their bar mitzvah celebration with my family and friends in NY. (They had their keriah in Israel).

Affiliate Links:
In the approximately 9 months I've had my blog, and have spent hundreds of hours on it, I have made a total of $18 through amazon links (which I haven't even gotten yet).
Currently, I don't have my own credit card affiliate links on my site, only The Discover More card. As to putting Dan's links on my site, I planned on emailing various bloggers that I have learned alot from. And ones whom I email with questions and get answers from. I would like to place their links, until I get my own, to show them my appreciation. And I planned on asking them which one's they would like me to place. Dan was included on this list because even though I haven't had direct communications with him, often I find out about a deal from him. Also, I respect his knowledge and would like to give him my support, just by the fact that he helps so many of "us". Whenever I learn about a deal from someone, I quote them. But sometimes I happen to be blogging about a deal I found by myself, or I received an email from the company directly. Obviously, I don't need to quote someone in that situation. Just because someone might have blogged about that deal first, doesn't mean I learned about it from them. You just have to give people the benefit of the doubt. I can't be sure, but Dan probably started blogging just with the hopes of helping people out. When it became so time consuming, he probably decided to make it a money maker. Besides, this way he has more time to help people. I'm just guessing here. :)

Best Credit Cards:
If you look at my list for best credit cards (which is still in the beginning stages, because I don't have enough time to complete it, due to always having Deals to post about), it will be obvious that I do not glean the information from ANY of the travel web sites, but form my own opinions through research and experience.

DealsSeekers vs. DansDeals:
One can't even begin to compare me to Dan since Dan is an absolute Guru in his field of expertise . Whom, IMHO is one of THE MOST KNOWLEDGEABLE in this field. I wish I had a tenth of his knowledge and his analytical skills. I am just someone who has a passion for finding deals and loves sharing them. Would I love to make some income from it one day? Sure, why not?? Have I done so yet? No. I consider myself fortunate to have been able to make aliyah and have figured out a way to be able to afford travel back to the States. I wish to share my deals with non-skeptical "like-minded Deals Seekers" who just don't have time to go through pages and pages of information and do the research it takes to take advantage of these deals. Should everyone have to put in all those hours on FT, DDF, MP, Airline Sites + to be able to know how to take advantage of some of these deals? I think not!.... ok, now I'm just rambling... I'm going to shut up now....well, maybe not :)

Note:
Since most of you (I am sure) give "maaser", I'm sure you will be interested in how to benefit the most from this spending. I am working on something for Charity spend category, but need to be in the US before I can work on it. I"H I will work on this after the Bar Mitzvah(s) and will post about it on my blog.

Thanks all, and I look forward to us all learning from each other!
Miriam (aka DealsSeeker)

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2012, 05:38:46 AM »
There is no correlation between CC bounses and free travel to the USA. They give you points and miles which have a cash valued and are simply extra income. If you choose to spend your extra $$$ on flights to the USA, good for you. I don't like the way you protray it as found a way to travel to the USA for free.
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline SuperFlyer

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2012, 06:11:59 AM »
There is no correlation between CC bounses and free travel to the USA. They give you points and miles which have a cash valued and are simply extra income. If you choose to spend your extra $$$ on flights to the USA, good for you. I don't like the way you protray it as found a way to travel to the USA for free.

She explained it very nicely, and frankly, before she explained herself, I did already check for affiliate links on her site, and didn't find cc ones.

A family with kids have huge expenses, and spending with a cc that gives out points, vs using a debit card without points, and those cc points allow you to travel, that's basically called free.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2012, 06:15:03 AM »
My point was the points are like $$$ which she decided to use for travel. So the travel is not free per se, rather she is getting free money, and choosing to use it for travel.

Offline SuperFlyer

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2012, 06:47:19 AM »
My point was the points are like $$$ which she decided to use for travel. So the travel is not free per se, rather she is getting free money, and choosing to use it for travel.

= free

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2012, 06:52:59 AM »
= free
Once she got the free money (points), travel is like any other expense.