Author Topic: Who is dealsseeker.blogspot.com  (Read 10309 times)

Offline SuperFlyer

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Who is dealsseeker.blogspot.com
« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2012, 08:27:36 AM »
Once she got the free money (points), travel is like any other expense.

I don't get it.

the points came to be out of nothing, by doing something she would anyways been doing, so how is that not free?

I think we are getting the difference between whether 0 and nihil are the same thing or not.

Offline WhyAich

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
Who is dealsseeker.blogspot.com
« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2012, 08:32:36 AM »
@superflyer  please listen :)

It's pretty simple. If you find $100 and now you own it and then go to the store to buy a watch for $100 is the watch free? No (you didn't spend money on it but it's not free) besides people invest hours of time (=money) on getting points.
For great Airfare deals - PLEASE contact me via PM or email: whyaich@gmail.com

Offline Jkhein

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2012, 08:35:32 AM »
I don't get it.

the points came to be out of nothing, by doing something she would anyways been doing, so how is that not free?

I think we are getting the difference between whether 0 and nihil are the same thing or not.
All he is saying, is that she could also advertise, that after she made Aliya she  figured out a way to pay part of her rent/mortgage - how ? Open credit cards and sell points!

Offline PlatinumGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 18, 2012, 08:36:10 AM »
I agree 0 is nihil. My point is that free points doesn't mean travel is free, rather she got free money. That free money in turn bought travel, but as the travel did remove dollars from her bank it is not free. The correct statement, IMHO, would be 'I discovered a new way to get $10,000 fre money every year. Using my extra budget, I decided to splurge on travel for my family'.
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline David B

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, HHonors Gold, IHC Gold, Hertz PC, National Executive
« Reply #44 on: June 18, 2012, 08:58:14 AM »
To quote the oft quoted and very recently departed Rodney King (RIP),

"Can't We All Just Get Along"  ???

Offline HelpMe

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 18, 2012, 09:04:53 AM »
How do you get "money" from points and miles when it is against the program rules to sell them. I just used my Avios points for free travel. I did not see anything on their site to redeem these for cash. Did I miss something.
"Elvis Has Left The Building"

Offline Jkhein

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 18, 2012, 09:16:37 AM »
How do you get "money" from points and miles when it is against the program rules to sell them. I just used my Avios points for free travel. I did not see anything on their site to redeem these for cash. Did I miss something.
I also wonder the same, if you find out, let me know.

Offline DealsSeeker

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 18, 2012, 09:25:12 AM »
To quote the oft quoted and very recently departed Rodney King (RIP),

"Can't We All Just Get Along"  ???

uh.. they actually were not "points" but were United miles. So please explain how my using "miles" for free travel isn't free?

Offline HelpMe

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 18, 2012, 09:35:24 AM »
uh.. they actually were not "points" but were United miles. So please explain how my using "miles" for free travel isn't free?
It is mostly semantics going on here. We all look at things differently. Both sides of the argument (free/not) have valid points.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 18, 2012, 09:49:05 AM »
Silly argument, guess I was too bored this morning.

People sell miles all the time, although its against the rules, it is not illegal.

Ms. DealSeeker, just a way of looking at things. People open cc's for 'travel points' yet never travel.
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline HelpMe

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 18, 2012, 09:54:19 AM »

People sell miles all the time, although its against the rules, it is not illegal.

Ms. DealSeeker, just a way of looking at things. People open cc's for 'travel points' yet never travel.
That pretty much sums it up!

Offline SuperFlyer

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 18, 2012, 10:01:32 AM »

That pretty much sums it up!

Thanks

Offline jack12

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
  • Programs: National Emerald Club Executive Elite, Hertz #1 Club Gold Presidents Circle, Sixt Platinum
« Reply #52 on: June 19, 2012, 09:56:39 PM »

I am working on something for Charity spend category, but need to be in the US before I can work on it.

Can you elaborate as to what it is that you are working on?

Offline Drago

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 20, 2012, 05:26:56 AM »
I have no problem with much of her info being available at other sites as well. Most of these blogs are that way. That's why I appreciate blogs with chiddushim like milevalue, FM, and the DD's posts where he reveals s/t that wasn't well known before.

It would be great if DealSeeker would have more posts for us 'locals'. For example, something analyzing the best way of traveling from Israel to different countries using different FF programs.

And about the whole 'free' argument... cmon folks. It's silly. If s/o didn't know about cc's yesterday, and today they sign up for some cards and fly to the US, then that's as close to free as you can get. I've seen actual deceitful advertising practices, and this isn't one of them.

Offline DealsSeeker

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 20, 2012, 05:19:48 PM »
@Reuven
I appreciate your comments. I am currently working on a post regarding Israel. I don't want to go into details until it is completed.
I would love to hear what you are interested in reading about. Please feel free to email me miriam.abrams@gmail.com some of your ideas.
Lots of times I notice a good deal, like the Groupon Mendy deal, but I don't bother posting it because I see that DD already listed it.
When I post about a deal, I usually don't check other websites to see if they already posted about it. So sorry if sometimes you already got
that info. somewhere else. Such is the miles and points blog world. But my cc recommendations (uncompleted post) are nothing like anyone else's, I believe. And Reuven, my favorites are FM and DD too.
@jack12
I am interested in earning as many points/miles as possible for charity spend. This is a very large category spend for myself and all those that tithe. I am working on a way to gain many Ultimate Rewards Points while at the same time giving to places that I would normally want to give to. Depending on what happens, I might be able to gain 55,000 or 75,520 UR points a year with this method. On spend, I have to do anyways! Until I test it, I don't want to say more.

If anyone has topics recommendations for me, please feel free to email me  miriam.abrams@gmail.com.