Author Topic: Shoe company replace/repair policies  (Read 10583 times)

Offline satturn

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Kotel Security Pass
Re: Shoe company replace/repair policies
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2012, 04:18:36 PM »
i had a pair of keens (btw one of the most comfortable shoes ive ever had- i only buy them from  now on) wore daily for a year in a half, i had bought them for $55- wore them out totally. Tey stopped being waterproof- i requested a warranty replacement- the approved me for up to $100! i sent in the receipt showing i bought them for $55!

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2012, 04:28:23 PM »
What price do you call very cheap?

$40 or less was the lowest I've gotten, but all the time for $60-70 with coupons.

TYVM!!

Anyone use this service? Can they actually restore ready-for-the-trash shoes to like-new condition?

I called them and they can't restore the sole on my Venture Air shoes :(
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline nikone

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2012, 11:32:38 AM »
Isn't this absurd?

Your telling me I can buy a show wear it for X amount of time, return or exchange it and ALWAYS get a return or exchange, that doesn't sound like it is in the best interest of shoe manufacture why would they do something like that?
Palm5 says: Uhhhh what's blackberry?

philbenjoe says: A handheld celluar device. What's your question

Offline JEWDA

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 75
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Dansdeals PRESIDENTIAL Platinum Elite, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Gold, Avis Presidents Club, King Fisher Silver, Hertz #1 Club President Circle Gold, SIXT Platinum, PC Platinum Elite
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2012, 11:52:14 AM »
Isn't this absurd?

Your telling me I can buy a show wear it for X amount of time, return or exchange it and ALWAYS get a return or exchange, that doesn't sound like it is in the best interest of shoe manufacture why would they do something like that?
It's called Customer Service.
Your Ad Can Be Here! PM For Lowest Rates.

Offline U-no-me!

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2012, 01:28:50 PM »
How about companies instead of stores?  I know Cole Haan for example has a repair program that for something like $60-$80 they will repair their shoes to look like new.

Allen Edmonds and Johnston & Murphy has shoes wich are refurbishable.
Vote U-no-me '14!

Offline U-no-me!

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2012, 01:29:15 PM »
Do people have no shame?

+1.
It would be nice if at least people would be mekayem the gemora in moed katan of yilbash shchoirm.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 03:23:05 PM by U-no-me- »
Vote U-no-me '14!

Offline MarkS

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2012, 03:19:20 PM »
It's called Customer Service.
Pretty Absurd! Shoes are considered an item that eventually get worn out and need to be replaced. Obviously if they are faulty a good customer service practice would be to replace it. But due to wear and tear?
I'm gonna call Coca Cola and tell them the bottle of Soda that I bought is now half empty. I imagine if they have good customer service they will 'replace' it????
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 03:51:48 PM by MarkS »

Offline JEWDA

• View Profile
  • Programs: Dansdeals PRESIDENTIAL Platinum Elite, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Gold, Avis Presidents Club, King Fisher Silver, Hertz #1 Club President Circle Gold, SIXT Platinum, PC Platinum Elite
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2012, 03:34:12 PM »
Pretty Absurd! Shoes are considered an item that eventually get worn out and need to be replaced. Obviously if they are faulty a good customer service practice would be to replace it. But due to wear and tear?
I'm gonna call Coca Cola and tell them the bottle of Soda that I bought is now half empty. I imagine of they have good customer service they will 'replace' it????
Silly man. When you buy a shoe from say Bloomingdale's
Quote from: Bloomingdale's.com
We want you to be happy with your purchase from bloomingdales.com. You may exchange or return most merchandise for a full refund, less shipping charges, based on the original form of payment, anytime after purchase. If you are returning a gift, you will receive a store merchandise credit.

If I think a shoe should last me a year and it already starts looking ugly after half a year, yes I will return/exchange it  :)

Offline MarkS

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2012, 03:39:06 PM »
Silly man. When you buy a shoe from say Bloomingdale's 
It doesn't say anything there about form of defect/use or even if it's a new or used item. However I think most people here would agree with me that to expect them to refund/replace it due to wear and tear is outside of the realm of their expectations, and whether they actually replace it or not, they are definitely mumbling about you under their breath as you walk away.

If I think a shoe should last me a year and it already starts looking ugly after half a year, yes I will return/exchange it  :)
So why limit yourself to a year? Why not come with 15 year old shoes and say I expect them to last me 20!

I imagine that you buy a suit and shirts once from them and then exchange it for a new one every few months!
This would work well for updating a tie collection. Buy a few ties, and every few months 'rotate' them for new ones.
Please tell me you don't do this with boxers too.....
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 03:42:26 PM by MarkS »

Offline JEWDA

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2012, 03:42:29 PM »
It doesn't say anything there about form of defect/use or even if it's a new or used item. However I think most people here would agree with me that to expect them to refund/replace it due to wear and tear is outside of the realm of their expectations, and whether they actually replace it or not, they are definitely mumbling about you under their breath as you walk away.So why limit yourself to a year? Why not come with 15 year old shoes and say I expect them to last me 20!
Actually they always take it back with a smile and never gave me problems.

Quote from: from: MarkS on Today at 03:39:06 pm
Why not come with 15 year old shoes and say I expect them to last me 20!
Because I dont wana wait 15 years if I could do it every year.

Offline MarkS

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2012, 03:48:23 PM »
Actually they always take it back with a smile and never gave me problems.
I repeat:
they are definitely mumbling about you under their breath as you walk away.
Note to self: Never sell anything to Jewda. He will use it and when bored of it (or used it up) come back for a refund.....

Can I 'buy' a Wig Band from you and 'return' it in a few years for a refund?  :)

Offline JEWDA

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2012, 04:03:08 PM »
I repeat:Note to self: Never sell anything to Jewda. He will use it and when bored of it (or used it up) come back for a refund.....

Can I 'buy' a Wig Band from you and 'return' it in a few years for a refund?  :)
Like I said they take it with a SMILE! Sorry I don't take returns but many stores do.

Offline MarkS

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2012, 04:05:44 PM »
Like I said they take it with a SMILE!
We're going in circles. You are saying that due to their excellent customer service they smile at you and are nice about it. I am adding on that after you walk away they are cursing you out to each other.......
Sorry I don't take returns but many stores do.
Your customer service sucks!

Offline JEWDA

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2012, 04:33:35 PM »
We're going in circles. You are saying that due to their excellent customer service they smile at you and are nice about it. I am adding on that after you walk away they are cursing you out to each other.......Your customer service sucks!
Why would they curse me out if that's the stores policy?? What do the cashiers care?? You make no sense.

Offline txtmax4

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2012, 11:31:01 PM »
Major CH, no matter the ethical/moral/halachic/legal status of it.
If You See Something, Say Something!!

Offline Saver2000

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2012, 11:57:04 PM »

+1

@MarkS
I couldn't have said it better.

@Jewda
I was recently in Macy's and the cashier told me that they have a one year return policy on new/never worn items.

I started schmoozing with her and she started telling me how some people buy an item, wear it for the season, then re-attach the tags and return it.

It is store policy to take back items within a year and she has no business doing investigations/assumptions/accusations. She doesn't lose any money. BUT SHE WAS CURSING OUT THE PEOPLE THAT DO IT AND TELLING ME HOW DISGUSTING IT IS.

I know the scenario is different then yours, but I'm showing you how store policy isn't everything.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2012, 12:59:27 AM »

+1, I remember the walmart return line in the Catskills at the end of the summer, people returning used appliances, air-conditioners, dirty bikes, I was so embarrassed standing there in the same line with those people, even though I was holding two brand new items, still sealed in the box.

Offline txtmax4

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2012, 01:18:33 AM »
+1, I remember the walmart return line in the Catskills at the end of the summer, people returning used appliances, air-conditioners, dirty bikes, I was so embarrassed standing there in the same line with those people, even though I was holding two brand new items, still sealed in the box.
Ever hear of the guy who paid for his weekly "l'kuved shabbes" flowers once 10 years ago at Costco?
If You See Something, Say Something!!

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2012, 01:27:55 AM »
Ever hear of the guy who paid for his weekly "l'kuved shabbes" flowers once 10 years ago at Costco?

Then you wonder why Costco modified their lifetime return policy on a slew of items...

Offline JEWDA

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2012, 09:02:14 AM »
+1

@MarkS
I couldn't have said it better.

@Jewda
I was recently in Macy's and the cashier told me that they have a one year return policy on new/never worn items.

I started schmoozing with her and she started telling me how some people buy an item, wear it for the season, then re-attach the tags and return it.

It is store policy to take back items within a year and she has no business doing investigations/assumptions/accusations. She doesn't lose any money. BUT SHE WAS CURSING OUT THE PEOPLE THAT DO IT AND TELLING ME HOW DISGUSTING IT IS.

I know the scenario is different then yours, but I'm showing you how store policy isn't everything.
There's a huge difference bet. Bloomingdale's and Macy's, if you sell crap of course you don't want it back.