Author Topic: Chase Credit Limit  (Read 5445 times)

Offline JoshW

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Chase Credit Limit
« on: June 11, 2012, 03:52:40 PM »
I currently have a Freedom, Sapphire Preferred and regular Sapphire on my account with a 5K credit limit for each (I have an Ink as well for business with 6K limit but don't think that counts towards this). I really want to raise the limit on my SP and Freedom but may choose to rather open a new card or two instead, not sure as of yet. If I opened two of the 3 cards in January and February, when should I wait until before requesting credit increase/applying for new card?
Also, anyone have any ideas if I choose to just request credit limit increase, how to do it without getting a hit?

Offline JoshW

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Chase Credit Limit
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2012, 04:16:26 PM »
Sorry for starting a completely new thread but this one http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=17004.0 didn't provide enough info

Offline meshugener

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Amex Platinum, Chase Freedom 10X10 Exclusives, Avis Presidents Club, National Executive, Hertz 5 Star, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2012, 04:41:52 PM »
You can move your available credit from your Ink business card to any of your personal cards, if that helps you, so you avoid a hard pull for no points.
Love me or hate me. I still love you.

Offline JEWDA

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 75
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Dansdeals PRESIDENTIAL Platinum Elite, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Gold, Avis Presidents Club, King Fisher Silver, Hertz #1 Club President Circle Gold, SIXT Platinum, PC Platinum Elite
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2012, 04:42:03 PM »
I currently have a Freedom, Sapphire Preferred and regular Sapphire on my account with a 5K credit limit for each (I have an Ink as well for business with 6K limit but don't think that counts towards this). I really want to raise the limit on my SP and Freedom but may choose to rather open a new card or two instead, not sure as of yet. If I opened two of the 3 cards in January and February, when should I wait until before requesting credit increase/applying for new card?
Also, anyone have any ideas if I choose to just request credit limit increase, how to do it without getting a hit?
There is no time. I Got 2 chase cards in feb. and I just got (at least) 2 cards aproved.
Your Ad Can Be Here! PM For Lowest Rates.

Offline JoshW

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2012, 04:55:48 PM »
There is no time. I Got 2 chase cards in feb. and I just got (at least) 2 cards aproved.
And if I choose to just try and raise the credit line? I know AMEX won't let you ask for a raise if you got one less than 6 months ago. Not sure if and how that applies to Chase

Offline JoshW

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2012, 05:52:06 PM »
You can move your available credit from your Ink business card to any of your personal cards, if that helps you, so you avoid a hard pull for no points.
I just sent a SM regarding this and they flat out told me its not doable. Where did you get your info?

Offline meshugener

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Amex Platinum, Chase Freedom 10X10 Exclusives, Avis Presidents Club, National Executive, Hertz 5 Star, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2012, 06:36:10 PM »
Call the reconsideration line.
Love me or hate me. I still love you.

Offline JoshW

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2012, 11:01:11 AM »
Call the reconsideration line.
Recon can help with transferring line of credit from business to personal? I just spoke with a rep on top of the SM I sent yesterday and was again told no dice. I will only call recon if there is a basis for what you're claiming

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2012, 11:12:03 AM »
I've had recon and credit reallocation transfer credit from consumer to business, but was denied from business to consumer.
YMMV I suppose as I only tried once from B2C.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline 123ablack

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2012, 11:29:27 AM »
Back in february, Recon (or landing dept) approved 1 of my personal cards after moving 5k from my business Ink Bold.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2012, 11:31:51 AM »
Back in february, Recon (or landing dept) approved 1 of my personal cards after moving 5k from my business Ink Bold.
Nice!
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline HelpMe

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2012, 11:40:23 AM »
Business to personal has been done many times with the AARP card.
"Elvis Has Left The Building"

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2021, 11:23:06 PM »
Does it make sense that one can only transfer credit lines from personal to personal and from business cards to business cards?

Wanted to transfer 50k of credit from a Business card to my personal card before closing the business ink card, they said it wasn't possible, is that in fact true?
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline herb

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2021, 09:43:14 AM »
Does it make sense that one can only transfer credit lines from personal to personal and from business cards to business cards?

Wanted to transfer 50k of credit from a Business card to my personal card before closing the business ink card, they said it wasn't possible, is that in fact true?
yes

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2021, 10:52:14 AM »
yes
Thanks, you live and learn.

Though I'm not sure why that would make a difference being that they're allowing me or rather aloting me X amount of credit and trust me with that amount, What's the difference if it's on my personal card or I'm a business card?
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline herb

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2021, 11:11:34 AM »

Though I'm not sure why that would make a difference being that they're allowing me or rather aloting me X amount of credit and trust me with that amount, What's the difference if it's on my personal card or I'm a business card?
I agree with you

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2021, 01:28:12 PM »
I agree with you
@Dan Is this something that would change?

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2021, 07:55:57 PM »

Maybe it’s because they’re extending you personal credit based on your personal credit-worthiness, and separately extending you business credit based on your business financials (and perhaps spend patterns as well). Your liability might be different, but even if the liability is same (and although they also verify your personal credit info when extending business credit), it’s still a different cheshbon.
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael