Topic Wiki

To sign up:

http://www.dansdeals.com/go/BusinessGold5/

$100 Airline Fee Credit:
You must select an airline before you make the charge, which can be a combination of a few charges, but they all have to be from the same airline.
To select: http://americanexpress.com/selectAFC (different than the link for the platinum)
« Last edited by Dan on December 06, 2016, 03:21:56 PM »

Author Topic: AMEX Premier Gold  (Read 332459 times)

Offline how

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
Re: 30,000 Points For AMEX Premier Rewards Gold Charge Card?
« Reply #120 on: August 16, 2010, 05:54:58 AM »
Thanks again I see the offer when using a diff. browser. Is blue free?

Offline kivabb

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 16, 2010, 09:59:48 AM »
Got my 30K points and today I see I have 15000 Available Points Advance. What's the deal with those? What happens if I take the advance and don't earn those points afterards? I can't close the account until then? Will I be penalized?

Thanks

Offline Yordai Dooma

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA EXP/LT Platinum, SPG gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National EE,
« Reply #122 on: August 16, 2010, 10:40:00 AM »
Got my 30K points and today I see I have 15000 Available Points Advance. What's the deal with those? What happens if I take the advance and don't earn those points afterards? I can't close the account until then? Will I be penalized?

Thanks

Straight from the site you were just looking at:
"Points Advance allows you to redeem for rewards more quickly by advancing you Membership Rewards points at no extra charge. You must simply accrue enough points in your program account to satisfy the Points Advance within 12 months. If you don’t accrue enough points by then, your Card account will be charged for the remaining balance at $0.025 per point, which is the current Purchase Points cost in effect."

Offline how

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 16, 2010, 11:10:48 AM »
So what this means is that you are getting 15000 points for spending $1000 in 3 months and then getting another 15000 point advance and if you dont spend enough then they want the points back....

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #124 on: August 16, 2010, 11:16:40 AM »

Thanks
Nice!
When did you apply?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #125 on: August 16, 2010, 11:17:01 AM »
So what this means is that you are getting 15000 points for spending $1000 in 3 months and then getting another 15000 point advance and if you dont spend enough then they want the points back....
No, it means he has 30,000 available and another 15,000 should he want a points advance.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline how

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 16, 2010, 11:20:28 AM »
nice

Offline Avid Reader

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Gold, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz Five Star Gold, Marriott Silver, National Executive
« Reply #127 on: August 16, 2010, 02:47:23 PM »
Sorry to report I applied in June and got just the 15k promised :'(.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 16, 2010, 03:27:04 PM »
did you spend the $1,000?

Offline Avid Reader

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Gold, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz Five Star Gold, Marriott Silver, National Executive
« Reply #129 on: August 16, 2010, 04:42:50 PM »
did you spend the $1,000?
Yes, on the Amex Pass card. I know it posted as a purchase because I got the 15k plus 1000 for the spend.

Offline regalhome

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 13, 2010, 12:59:05 PM »
Sorry to report I applied in June and got just the 15k promised :'(.
I applied in July and only got the 15,000 to.

Offline Fan of Dan

• View Profile
Amex premier gold airfare bonus
« Reply #131 on: June 28, 2011, 09:33:37 AM »
Hi.
 With the Amex gold premier reward card I get three times points on airfare. When I read the link which I applied from, dans of course I thought it was only with us based carriers. When I called Amex one rep who prob did not know a thing said it is only airlines that partner with Amex membership rewards like delta. Another rep said no restrictions at all even foreign carriers. Can someone with experience please clarify thanks.

Offline Aben

• View Profile
Re: Amex premier gold airfare bonus
« Reply #132 on: June 28, 2011, 12:21:19 PM »
Hi.
 With the Amex gold premier reward card I get three times points on airfare. When I read the link which I applied from, dans of course I thought it was only with us based carriers. When I called Amex one rep who prob did not know a thing said it is only airlines that partner with Amex membership rewards like delta. Another rep said no restrictions at all even foreign carriers. Can someone with experience please clarify thanks.
I have purchase from a non US based and received the bonus.
It needs to be catergorized as Airline i.e. if purchased through a travel agent and they bill you or some travel websites, and the charge does not say directly from the airline you will not receive it.
I actually just purchased from Expedia.com and the charge came up from expedia and the airline w/ all the passenger info, and was catergorized as Airline/Travel and I got the bonus 3 pts.

Offline Side incomer

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 28, 2011, 01:47:57 PM »
I use this all the time, they give 3 times on every transaction that appears as travel, even fees etc. in an event that you didn't get it just call them and they'll give it you gladly.
Side income is the most solid income... בדוק ומנוסה

Offline Fan of Dan

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 29, 2011, 12:45:34 AM »
I use this all the time, they give 3 times on every transaction that appears as travel, even fees etc. in an event that you didn't get it just call them and they'll give it you gladly.
When you say travel I am sure you mean airfare and not hotels and rentals, correct?

Offline yid

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: June 30, 2011, 01:30:00 AM »
When you say travel I am sure you mean airfare and not hotels and rentals, correct?
only airfare gets 3x points.

Offline Side incomer

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 30, 2011, 03:13:38 PM »
I have a question to all of you who experienced this already:

Buying on Amex's travel site usually gives you double MR points, how about buying this with the gold card, how much will you earn, I have 3 options to think:
1. you'll receive only 3, because you can't double dip.
2. you'll receive 4, 3 for gold, and one extra for using their site.
3. you'll receive 5, 3 for gold, and 2 for their site.
4. you'll receive 6, 3 for gold, and another 3, since using their site gives you "double" points.

I called in Amex's MR number 4 times, and i've gotten every time a different answer, between 1-3 (nobody said option 4), I'd like to know if anyone here experienced this already, and what was the actual outcome.
Side income is the most solid income... בדוק ומנוסה

Offline Aben

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 30, 2011, 05:17:27 PM »
I have a question to all of you who experienced this already:

Buying on Amex's travel site usually gives you double MR points, how about buying this with the gold card, how much will you earn, I have 3 options to think:
1. you'll receive only 3, because you can't double dip.
2. you'll receive 4, 3 for gold, and one extra for using their site.
3. you'll receive 5, 3 for gold, and 2 for their site.
4. you'll receive 6, 3 for gold, and another 3, since using their site gives you "double" points.

I called in Amex's MR number 4 times, and i've gotten every time a different answer, between 1-3 (nobody said option 4), I'd like to know if anyone here experienced this already, and what was the actual outcome.
I just booked through their travel site and I am waiting to see the charge it should come up tomorow.
I will see how they catergorize it.
I would assume that even if they do not bill it through the airline you should be able to get them to give you 3x for the air fair besides for the 2x.
You can always call them and tell them that you had the option to book directly w/ the airline and you chose to book through their website.

Offline Aben

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 02, 2011, 03:43:18 PM »
I booked from Amex travel site. The charges came up as follows:
1 charge from the airline w/ the passenger details which should definitely be eligible for 3x besides the 2x for booking through their site.
And another charge for $21.98 which was included in the original price they just split it up.
I assume that it is a booking fee possibly around $11 per ticket I purchased 2 tickets.
The second charge was catergorized as Travel/Airline It should also be eligible for 3x,  I will wait and see till my statement prints.

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #139 on: July 05, 2011, 03:07:17 PM »
I have purchase from a non US based and received the bonus.
It needs to be catergorized as Airline i.e. if purchased through a travel agent and they bill you or some travel websites, and the charge does not say directly from the airline you will not receive it.
I actually just purchased from Expedia.com and the charge came up from expedia and the airline w/ all the passenger info, and was catergorized as Airline/Travel and I got the bonus 3 pts.

The above posts seem to be at odds with each other...

So for clarification:

I am about to spend a few thousand dollars on travel from a Travel Agency based out of Israel called "GLOBAL TRAVELS JERUSALEM"

My question is: Do I use AMEX Gold or do I use my 2% Cash Back Visa?

I would use AMEX Gold, but only if I get the 3x bonus; otherwise, I'd use my 2% cash back (which is worth more than 1x AMEX MR points).

Anyone have any insight?

2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper