Topic Wiki

To sign up:

http://www.dansdeals.com/go/BusinessGold5/

$100 Airline Fee Credit:
You must select an airline before you make the charge, which can be a combination of a few charges, but they all have to be from the same airline.
To select: http://americanexpress.com/selectAFC (different than the link for the platinum)
« Last edited by Dan on December 06, 2016, 03:21:56 PM »

Author Topic: AMEX Premier Gold  (Read 335290 times)

Offline notanonymous

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: AMEX Premier Gold
« Reply #240 on: September 04, 2013, 12:32:51 PM »
I received a snail mail today from AMEX regarding my BGR.  "Effective Sepetember 16, 2013 you will now also earn: 2x points on US purchases made directly from select hardware, software, and cloud computing providers."  I don't know how limited their "select" list is, but worthwhile to know.

Offline eyes

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: September 12, 2013, 06:09:06 PM »
So the bottom line is that the 50,000 bonus is only by mail? Can you apply for an offer to someone elses name?

Offline IsraelGuy

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: September 24, 2013, 12:25:48 PM »
My wife and I both applied for the PRG card in June and got approved. Both spent 2k and she got her 25k MR points and I didn't.
Called up Amex and they have no record of my offer and asked me for the offer code (We both applied through Dan's link).
I have a screen shot of my wife's app, but can't seem to find the screen shot of mine (of course).

Any suggestions? They said they would look into it but I'm not hopeful. Never had this card before either.

Offline PETERP

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: September 24, 2013, 12:32:48 PM »
My wife and I both applied for the PRG card in June and got approved. Both spent 2k and she got her 25k MR points and I didn't.
Called up Amex and they have no record of my offer and asked me for the offer code (We both applied through Dan's link).
I have a screen shot of my wife's app, but can't seem to find the screen shot of mine (of course).

Any suggestions? They said they would look into it but I'm not hopeful. Never had this card before either.

If you never had this card before be insistent.  Why would you not take advantage of the same offer your Wife received . Explain to them you are not irresponsible , and why wouldn't you expect the same bonus/consideration.

After all you are applying for an Amex card which shows you are intelligent, so nothing less should be expected of you

Offline IsraelGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #244 on: September 24, 2013, 12:44:24 PM »
If you never had this card before be insistent.  Why would you not take advantage of the same offer your Wife received . Explain to them you are not irresponsible , and why wouldn't you expect the same bonus/consideration.

After all you are applying for an Amex card which shows you are intelligent, so nothing less should be expected of you

I like your enthusiasm  :D

I tried a bunch of similar lines, and they said they would look into it and that's all they could do without the offer code. If I don't hear anything back in a couple days I'll call back and try again (I do want to close the card soon so I can churn it eventually) but I wanted to see if anyone had a similar experience or knew what code to give them. Guess I learned my lesson to be more careful about my screen shots...

Offline PETERP

• View Profile
« Reply #245 on: September 24, 2013, 01:31:48 PM »
I like your enthusiasm  :D

I tried a bunch of similar lines, and they said they would look into it and that's all they could do without the offer code. If I don't hear anything back in a couple days I'll call back and try again (I do want to close the card soon so I can churn it eventually) but I wanted to see if anyone had a similar experience or knew what code to give them. Guess I learned my lesson to be more careful about my screen shots...

Enthusiasm and persistence. I assume you spoke with a supervisor , and told them how you want to join the Amex family .

Been getting all sorts of promos from that no good Chase  :) 

Offline IsraelGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #246 on: September 24, 2013, 03:04:38 PM »
I didn't it up to a supervisor this time. I already have been an Amex holder for 5 years, just not this specific card. I also have the BGR (now Platinum) card and I was possibly concerned that since I already got a promotional bonus through those cards I might not be eligible for the PGR bonus, but I don't think that should be the case.

Anyway looks like I'll just have to call again and use more 'persistence'.

Offline PETERP

• View Profile
« Reply #247 on: September 24, 2013, 03:14:24 PM »
I didn't it up to a supervisor this time. I already have been an Amex holder for 5 years, just not this specific card. I also have the BGR (now Platinum) card and I was possibly concerned that since I already got a promotional bonus through those cards I might not be eligible for the PGR bonus, but I don't think that should be the case.

Anyway looks like I'll just have to call again and use more 'persistence'.

Good luck .

Offline IsraelGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #248 on: October 04, 2013, 09:40:51 AM »
Called back again and they're saying the marketing department looked into it and closed the investigation, that they wouldn't be giving me any points, and the only thing I could do about it would be to write a letter. Ugggg....more work to do...

Offline meshugener

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Amex Platinum, Chase Freedom 10X10 Exclusives, Avis Presidents Club, National Executive, Hertz 5 Star, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold
« Reply #249 on: October 04, 2013, 10:12:12 AM »
Don't write letters, contact the CFPB.
Love me or hate me. I still love you.

Offline IsraelGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #250 on: October 06, 2013, 02:31:57 AM »

Consumer Financial Protection Bureau? What would happen there? They would contact Amex on my behalf?

I don't think I have anything to prove my case though  :-\

Offline Chapshnell

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Delta Skypesos, AA Shilling, AS Pounds.
« Reply #251 on: October 08, 2013, 10:17:05 AM »
Hi Guys, tried reading thru this topic but I couldn't find my answer...

Can I upgrade to the platinum card from the PRG for 25k bonus points?
Is there such a thing for the personal gold card or only for the Business gold?

Please advise & thanks

Offline Marco Polo

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 104
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: October 08, 2013, 10:30:34 AM »
Hi Guys, tried reading thru this topic but I couldn't find my answer...

Can I upgrade to the platinum card from the PRG for 25k bonus points?
Is there such a thing for the personal gold card or only for the Business gold?

Please advise & thanks
CMIIW, but i think the link here is only for the business version.

There may be targeted offers for personal, but don't think they have a public link.
Quaerite et Invenietis.

Offline IsraelGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #253 on: October 10, 2013, 02:15:23 PM »

Dear Mr. #,

Your recent correspondence to the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) has been forwarded to
me for review. Thank you for taking the time to share this matter with us. We are unable to issue you the
requested Membership Rewards (MR). Please allow me to respond to your inquiry.

American Express records show you applied for a Premier Rewards Gold card account through our
website on July #, 2013. The promotion associated with your application was to receive a $0.00
introductory annual membership fee for the first year. Please be aware as part of the application for the
offer you reference in your correspondence we disclose that if you are identified as a current American
Express Cardmember you may not be eligible for the welcome bonus offer. Our records further show you
have been an American Express Cardmember since 2008. Additionally, the screenshot of an application
approval provided in your correspondence to the CFPB is addressed to [your wife] and does not
represent your application.

We regret that your customer service experience has been a source of dissatisfaction to you. American
Express is committed to providing excellent customer service and stresses that our representatives use the
utmost professionalism and courtesy. During our investigation we were unable to validate your claim that
we did not make a promised telephone call to you.

Mr. #, we trust this letter has answered your questions and addressed your concerns.

Thanks for the suggestion but it didn't work. Wow, what a waste of an app and spending....

Learn from my mistake people - double check that you have taken a screenshot of all your apps!

Offline ari2955

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: October 21, 2013, 02:29:27 PM »
can I have 2 or the same business cards for different businesses (like with chase ink)?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 02:53:06 PM by ari2955 »

Offline Azis Papa

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: October 31, 2013, 11:20:45 AM »
I fullfilled my spend reqts & got the 25K bonus.  But now an AP payment for $500 was returned dropping my total spend below the $2K requirement.  What are the chances that AMEX will take back the bonus?  Anyone have a similar experience?

Offline raphy781

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: October 31, 2013, 11:34:46 AM »
I fullfilled my spend reqts & got the 25K bonus.  But now an AP payment for $500 was returned dropping my total spend below the $2K requirement.  What are the chances that AMEX will take back the bonus?  Anyone have a similar experience?
IIRC the bonus has not been revoked in similar cases.

Offline moshe_m

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: November 03, 2013, 05:37:31 PM »

Get 30,000 Membership Rewards® points1 after you spend $10,000 in purchases on the Business Platinum Card® in the first 5 months of Card Membership.2 For an annual fee of $450, enjoy premier benefits designed for business travelers like you.

Offline Smart

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: November 16, 2013, 07:46:13 PM »
Got a targeted offer to my brothers name, any experience if this will work for me with same last name and address?
If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking...

Offline Friend

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: November 17, 2013, 02:17:51 AM »
In the end of October I applied for the Amex Premier Rewards Gold and was declined but after contacting Recon, was approved. I received the card on Friday but it is not the premier rewards card just the regular gold without the 25K signup bonus. Did anyone have this or can anyone suggest what I should do to get the premier rewards card which I applied for.