Author Topic: Using Car and Bicycle Share services in Israel  (Read 174 times)

Offline ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
Using Car and Bicycle Share services in Israel
« on: June 16, 2022, 03:41:31 PM »
I am planning to go to Israel for less than 48 hours in July. The thought of spending time at the car rental counter, the prices for the rental and gasoline, and the traffic are pushing me towards using the trains combined with Car or Bicycle Sharing services (Car2Go, Tel-o-Fun, etc.) and possibly some taxis (which I also dread).

Is an Israeli driver's license required in order to use Car2Go (no called GoTo)?

What are good options for renting an eBike (any better models that have room for a bag?) and/or electric scooter (preferably at train stations or TLV airport if something that can be taken on the train).
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline G11600

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Using Car and Bicycle Share services in Israel
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2022, 05:11:10 PM »
I am planning to go to Israel for less than 48 hours in July. The thought of spending time at the car rental counter, the prices for the rental and gasoline, and the traffic are pushing me towards using the trains combined with Car or Bicycle Sharing services (Car2Go, Tel-o-Fun, etc.) and possibly some taxis (which I also dread).

Is an Israeli driver's license required in order to use Car2Go (no called GoTo)?

What are good options for renting an eBike (any better models that have room for a bag?) and/or electric scooter (preferably at train stations or TLV airport if something that can be taken on the train).

I have used CityCar.co.il quite extensively and have been quite happy with the service, cars and price. Approx NIS 10 per hour or 120 per day + NIS per km (including gas). Note that shabbat is not charged, as company is chareidi owned

Not sure how it works for foreign licence but would assume OK.

Offline ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
Re: Using Car and Bicycle Share services in Israel
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2022, 06:05:31 PM »
I have used CityCar.co.il quite extensively and have been quite happy with the service, cars and price. Approx NIS 10 per hour or 120 per day + NIS per km (including gas). Note that shabbat is not charged, as company is chareidi owned

Not sure how it works for foreign licence but would assume OK.

Do you need to park in specific designated places or is any legal spot ok for pickup/dropoff? Is roundtrip required or can you pickup in one location and drop off in another?
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan