Author Topic: Dispute a charge on Sapphire  (Read 4652 times)

Offline springles

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
Dispute a charge on Sapphire
« on: June 13, 2012, 07:59:32 PM »
There is a thread for amex returns and chargebacks and disputes but I couldnt find one for chase/sapphire.

My wife bought two shirts at a local store a couple days ago, when she checked the bag today she realized they werent in there and neither was the receipt (the bag was actually empty).  We assume that when she left the store she took the wrong bag and left the one with her shirts. The store wont do anything because they have no proof that she didnt take the shirts with her.  Can I dispute this charge on my sapphire?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Re: Dispute a charge on Sapphire
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 08:00:52 PM »
Maybe file a stolen item claim?
Might need a police report though.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline springles

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 08:02:16 PM »
Maybe file a stolen item claim?
Might need a police report though.
Seems like a hassle for $30.  Nothing simpler?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2012, 08:08:44 PM »
Was it the store's fault?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Saver2000

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2012, 08:29:37 PM »
There is a thread for amex returns and chargebacks and disputes but I couldnt find one for chase/sapphire.

My wife bought two shirts at a local store a couple days ago, when she checked the bag today she realized they werent in there and neither was the receipt (the bag was actually empty).  We assume that when she left the store she took the wrong bag and left the one with her shirts. The store wont do anything because they have no proof that she didnt take the shirts with her.  Can I dispute this charge on my sapphire?

Here's a thread discussing chase return protection/warranty/etc.
http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=12828.msg166193#msg166193

Offline springles

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2012, 08:38:29 PM »
Was it the store's fault?
Its unclear whether the clerk handed my wife the wrong bag or she picked up the wrong bag. I guess with the uncertainty of what happened there isnt much to do.  Its just annoying to pay for something that never left the store

Offline DrDanny

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2012, 10:25:55 PM »
I just bought beats by Dr Dre tour and it turns out there fake I'm gonna call Chase when I get a chance but just wondering what you guys think they'll say

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2012, 10:38:01 PM »
I just bought beats by Dr Dre tour and it turns out there fake I'm gonna call Chase when I get a chance but just wondering what you guys think they'll say
How did you fall for that??? That's probably what they will say.
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline DrDanny

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2012, 10:49:20 PM »
Lol they were 50 bucks and I figured wcs I call Chase and complain although in hindsight a little googling would have saved me from this trouble although one thing the fakes do have going for them is that the cord won't tangle just like the real one (although I'm not sure how that will help me as there fake)

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2012, 11:08:16 PM »
Lol they were 50 bucks and I figured wcs I call Chase and complain although in hindsight a little googling would have saved me from this trouble although one thing the fakes do have going for them is that the cord won't tangle just like the real one (although I'm not sure how that will help me as there fake)
If the left ear piece pops out just glue it. I got like 40 of them sitting at home...
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline Fan of Dan

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2012, 11:42:28 PM »
I booked a ticket on Aerolineas with my sapphire which did not disclose that I would not be eligible for the fare due to a residency issue. Want to cancel and dispute charges (thus allowing me to rebook) instead of paying 150 dollars to change the class of fare however the flight is in under 60 days and they said may take that long for the dispute to process. Any tips on how to expedite this or ways to find out how they will rule in this case?