Topic Wiki

American Express reconsideration (personal and business):
866-314-0237
1-800-582-6471

Another number they gave me on the phone for Biz: 800 952 7560
Also, 1800-567-1083
Also: 1800-334-0400 (gave me for Gold)

To check your application status: americanexpress.com/applicationstatus

Random: see this great article about negotiating tactics with Customer Service Reps
« Last edited by TimT on March 16, 2016, 09:34:16 PM »

Author Topic: AMEX Reconsideration  (Read 331884 times)

Offline Shmulyg

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: AMEX Reconsideration
« Reply #160 on: December 31, 2013, 01:03:30 AM »
Lol! 2 Business Platinum and SPG and 4 Personal BCP PRG Delta and Platinum.
Nice! Just hope you get the points...

Offline Super Speed

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis First, National Executive Elite, Sixt Platinum.
« Reply #161 on: December 31, 2013, 01:08:54 AM »
Nice! Just hope you get the points...
Why not?

Offline Shmulyg

• View Profile
« Reply #162 on: December 31, 2013, 01:14:07 AM »
Why not?
The two biz plats and the PRG and personal plat seem to impede on one another.

Offline Super Speed

• View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis First, National Executive Elite, Sixt Platinum.
« Reply #163 on: December 31, 2013, 07:59:32 AM »
The two biz plats and the PRG and personal plat seem to impede on one another.
Biz and Per have nothing to do with each other.

Offline Shmulyg

• View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 01, 2014, 02:17:35 AM »
Biz and Per have nothing to do with each other.
Thanks for the info... but i was well aware of that. I specifically split my post into two. Reread it.

ETA: Ok. I'll do some spoon feeding. The two Biz plats seem to be a problem. Stop. Period. Now here comes the next half: In addition, the PRG and personal plat will also probably not work together (there have been reports of exceptions, namely, first-time cardholders and "Dans," but for the most part, you will only get one bonus).

Offline Super Speed

• View Profile
« Reply #165 on: January 01, 2014, 11:27:29 AM »
Thanks for the info... but i was well aware of that. I specifically split my post into two. Reread it.

ETA: Ok. I'll do some spoon feeding. The two Biz plats seem to be a problem. Stop. Period. Now here comes the next half: In addition, the PRG and personal plat will also probably not work together (there have been reports of exceptions, namely, first-time cardholders and "Dans," but for the most part, you will only get one bonus).
I'll fix my post as well 2 Business Cards, 1 Plat and 1 SPG. 4 Personal, 1 PRG... (I guess your post still stands true for the pers cards.)

Offline Shmulyg

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 01, 2014, 12:12:43 PM »
I'll fix my post as well 2 Business Cards, 1 Plat and 1 SPG. 4 Personal, 1 PRG... (I guess your post still stands true for the pers cards.)
I wish you luck!

Offline bubble347

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 01, 2014, 12:19:59 PM »
Anyone want to talk to my rep I just got approved 6 amex cards from same rep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't want to seem nosy but I would like to try this too, do you mind posting your credit score range? or do you thing it is not relevant?
Watch this inspiring video.

Offline Super Speed

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 01, 2014, 12:53:13 PM »
I don't want to seem nosy but I would like to try this too, do you mind posting your credit score range? or do you thing it is not relevant?
Obviously not high enough because not one got approved on the spot! ;) But seriously speaking I don't think it had to do with it. We had the same birthday and I just played on that!
#proffesionalflirt

Offline bubble347

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 01, 2014, 01:03:23 PM »
Obviously not high enough because not one got approved on the spot! ;) But seriously speaking I don't think it had to do with it. We had the same birthday and I just played on that!
#proffesionalflirt
Any way to get a list of Amex reps b-days!? #noresponseneeded

Offline princea143

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 10, 2014, 09:04:35 AM »
So, I was approved for SPG and BGR, but pending for Delta Gold Amex.  I called recon and the rep said that she can't do anything about it as it is still pending and to call back in a week.  What the???  She told me that it is because I applied for the BGR, and I said that that is for business purposes and that this is a consumer card.  She held her ground.  Should I call back and speak to another rep?  What can be done today before they deny me?

Offline bubble347

• View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 10, 2014, 09:44:20 AM »
So, I was approved for SPG and BGR, but pending for Delta Gold Amex.  I called recon and the rep said that she can't do anything about it as it is still pending and to call back in a week.  What the???  She told me that it is because I applied for the BGR, and I said that that is for business purposes and that this is a consumer card.  She held her ground.  Should I call back and speak to another rep?  What can be done today before they deny me?
Have you never heard of HUCA. It took me sometimes 4 hucas and 2 SMs to get approved. Never give up!

Offline princea143

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 10, 2014, 10:31:44 AM »
Have you never heard of HUCA. It took me sometimes 4 hucas and 2 SMs to get approved. Never give up!
The second rep (I just called again) said that she would personally handle the account, but she could not access it while in the system still due to a flag from possible duplicate apps for the same card (or some nonsense).  She said she will call me in 2-5 business days personally to tell me the result and then we could work with moving CLs around to approve it.  Should I trust her or try for 4 and 2 SMs like you? haha  I have her name and ID for reference jic. 

Offline princea143

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 10, 2014, 12:31:15 PM »
Third time's a charm!!! Before calling a 3rd time, I immediately applied for PRG. Then, I called and said that "I didn't want more credit. I just want the different cards for different purposes. We could split up the CL ON SPG to be able to open the others. We are first time AMEX customers and we've been working so hard to get to your level..." Rep was cool about it and approved not only Delta, but the PRG that i just applied for minutes earlier and without splitting up CL. Amazing!!! He even said that he's never had someone apply for 4 AMEX products all at once in one day and had them all approved, so that's pretty cool. He even expedited both to come in 2-3 biz days around same time as BGR. So, today's record is 5/5: SPG - IA $14,900 BGR - IA, PRG - 1st recon along with DG (3rd try) $14,900 each, and Barclays WMC 1st recon $10,000.  That just launched my credit ratio tenfold. Thanks all for your insight!  ;D

Offline bubble347

• View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 10, 2014, 04:25:06 PM »
Third time's a charm!!! Before calling a 3rd time, I immediately applied for PRG. Then, I called and said that "I didn't want more credit. I just want the different cards for different purposes. We could split up the CL ON SPG to be able to open the others. We are first time AMEX customers and we've been working so hard to get to your level..." Rep was cool about it and approved not only Delta, but the PRG that i just applied for minutes earlier and without splitting up CL. Amazing!!! He even said that he's never had someone apply for 4 AMEX products all at once in one day and had them all approved, so that's pretty cool. He even expedited both to come in 2-3 biz days around same time as BGR. So, today's record is 5/5: SPG - IA $14,900 BGR - IA, PRG - 1st recon along with DG (3rd try) $14,900 each, and Barclays WMC 1st recon $10,000.  That just launched my credit ratio tenfold. Thanks all for your insight!  ;D
Another feather in the HUCA hat!

Offline dealfinder85

• View Profile
« Reply #175 on: January 24, 2014, 10:05:15 AM »
i applied for 3, first was approved, but next 2 cant be approved bc they are considered duplicate apps and need to wait 4-5 days for another credit pull. obviously i dont want that. i called up and asked to split the credit limit but he said they cant do that. what should i do

Offline dealfinder85

• View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 24, 2014, 01:59:10 PM »
can anyone who has successfully done a 3bm with amex explain what they did?
i submitted but amex keeps telling me that any second application is automaticallyput onhold for 4-5 days and then a second inquiry is done and then the third waits a few more days and then another inquiry.
should i just cancel the other 2 to avoid the inquiries? i already had the spg approved but i dont want any more inquiries

Offline princea143

• View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 27, 2014, 04:39:28 AM »
can anyone who has successfully done a 3bm with amex explain what they did?
i submitted but amex keeps telling me that any second application is automaticallyput onhold for 4-5 days and then a second inquiry is done and then the third waits a few more days and then another inquiry.
should i just cancel the other 2 to avoid the inquiries? i already had the spg approved but i dont want any more inquiries
I know this is late, but check what I did 2-3 replies ago.  I've been off DDF for a while.  :'(

Offline dealfinder85

• View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 27, 2014, 08:10:08 AM »
I know this is late, but check what I did 2-3 replies ago.  I've been off DDF for a while.  :'(
i dont understand what you did
i have spoken to probably 6 or 7 reps and they have all told me each new application gets an inquiry regardless of timing

Offline princea143

• View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 27, 2014, 06:36:43 PM »
i dont understand what you did
i have spoken to probably 6 or 7 reps and they have all told me each new application gets an inquiry regardless of timing
When I spoke to the reps at recon, they said it that they would not ding me with another inquiry, but I haven't checked my credit report yet.  I was IA for 2 Amex, and recon'd for the other two totaling 4 amex with supposedly one inquiry since it was all done within one day per the rep.  I guess it's YMMV.