Topic Wiki

American Express reconsideration (personal and business):
866-314-0237
1-800-582-6471

Another number they gave me on the phone for Biz: 800 952 7560
Also, 1800-567-1083
Also: 1800-334-0400 (gave me for Gold)

To check your application status: americanexpress.com/applicationstatus

Random: see this great article about negotiating tactics with Customer Service Reps
« Last edited by TimT on March 16, 2016, 09:34:16 PM »

DansDeals Forum > Credit Cards And Finance

AMEX Reconsideration

<< < (2/263) > >>

Cbs:

--- Quote from: CholentTheTraveler on August 27, 2012, 10:04:55 AM ---Did you get an email from Amex regarding the SPG stating it was approved or just on the status check site?

--- End quote ---
i didnt get any email regarding the SPG card.

Yaalili:

--- Quote from: Cbs on August 27, 2012, 10:07:31 AM ---i didnt get any email regarding the SPG card.

--- End quote ---

Same here, but online should be a document saying that u got it. When i called them, they told me it was a mistake, basically i should just forget bout it. Should i try HUCA?

JEWDA:
Is there such a thing as Amex recon.? They keep telling me there's nothing to do they cant approve one card even though they just approved 2 other cards. If I tell them to review it again will I be taking a risk that they're gonna pull again?

meshugener:
In the same boat.
I risked the review, but the didn't pull again.
No luck so far.

Name Changed:

--- Quote from: JEWDA on September 20, 2012, 10:21:59 AM ---Is there such a thing as Amex recon.? They keep telling me there's nothing to do they cant approve one card even though they just approved 2 other cards. If I tell them to review it again will I be taking a risk that they're gonna pull again?

--- End quote ---
I had an app that got canceled (cuz I had the same type of card within 3 months) I called and got them to reconsider - as I told them that I upgraded that card and its not a duplicate.

I got approved for it!! 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version