Author Topic: change in flight  (Read 1983 times)

Offline broketeacher

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
change in flight
« on: June 17, 2012, 08:05:27 PM »
anyone have experience dealing with air canada and a flight change to an international ticket?
I booked a flight on Friday to Israel and realized I would like to change the return ticket - changes are $250 - anyone have any ideas of how I could work around this??
Thanks

Offline sky121

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
Re: change in flight
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2012, 08:23:24 PM »
anyone have experience dealing with air canada and a flight change to an international ticket?
I booked a flight on Friday to Israel and realized I would like to change the return ticket - changes are $250 - anyone have any ideas of how I could work around this??
Thanks

You can try calling up to change it and saying you made a mistake. If you only just booked it Friday they might be helpful.
It's worth a shot.
Call soon so it's still Sunday. 
"Not all who wander are lost"

Offline WhyAich

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
change in flight
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2012, 12:31:54 AM »
Thanks

As a TA I know if this happened in the office we have till Monday afternoon. (it could be we get special permission since we're religious IDK ) try you're luck with them. Say it was over the weekend, etc.

(change I'm sure you mean more than a day later? Many times if it's a day off you can get a free change by claims you messed up times and time zones etc).
For great Airfare deals - PLEASE contact me via PM or email: whyaich@gmail.com

Offline PlatinumGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2012, 03:36:21 AM »
If there's a schedule change on one of your flights, you cange to whatever u like for free
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline broketeacher

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2012, 11:12:37 AM »
thanks for the advice. mentioning shabbos didn't get me very far because it was already sunday evening. but after a few very long holds and unhelpful reps,  I negotiated with the supervisor (the second supervisor I spoke with) and offered to pay $100 instead of $250.  (I explained that I'm a broke teacher :-))

he agreed.  he said that they can't just waive fees - they have to show a charge of some sort when they make a change.  so I paid $100.

it was very time consuming, but i'm happy I saved the $150.

hope this info helps someone in the future...

Offline Jkhein

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2012, 05:01:14 PM »
If there's a schedule change on one of your flights, you cange to whatever u like for free
Is there a minimum change time for the to allow free changes? One of my flights changed to 5 minutes later, I happen to need to change that flight to earlier date, can I?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2012, 05:02:00 PM »
You need to be able to make a case for the change, I don't think you'll be able to come up with one for just 5 minutes.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline john

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United 1K
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2012, 05:46:32 PM »
I had a change of flight by 3 hours. it got preponed. I wanted to change it by 1 week earlier. can I make a case for that situation?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2012, 05:50:14 PM »
Yes.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Jkhein

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2012, 06:02:04 PM »
Delta online tells me a change has been made and I might be eligible for a change. But T&c's say only if over an hour, and only same day and route.

Offline aarony

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2012, 11:34:33 PM »
i cancelled some tickets on united ewr to tlv.  orig time was 4PM it changed to 3:55 PM.  called in the middle of the night, it think CS was in India  and the agent said i didn't have to pay change fee (i didn't even ask -agent offered on his own)

i had a ticket on the same flight with aeroplan miles and the AC agent checked but said that they needed the change to be more than 5 minutes so he could not waive the fee, if it would have been 6 minutes he would have waived it.  so it always pays to ask - even if you can't really make a case...

Offline broketeacher

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2012, 07:25:46 PM »
does the airline notify you of the change in time or do you have to check for it yourself?

Offline mechayamom

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2012, 09:13:34 AM »
If I changed an awards ticket on United from a flight that was at 10:50 PM to a flight that was 03:55 PM the same day..however, it is within 21 days of the flight, is there any way they will waive the $75 fee?