Author Topic: Can anyone recommend a good soft cooler that won't break the bank??  (Read 1013 times)

Online Something Fishy

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
    • Kosher Horizons
Re: Can anyone recommend a good soft cooler that won't break the bank??
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2019, 11:10:52 AM »
If I was traveling by myself or with only my wife, I would agree. But I'm going for only 4 days with my wife and two young children, so eating at restaurants (too often) is not an option. I also don't want to spend $$$ on take out, nor half a day shopping at a super market. This way, I pack some food with me and I don't need to think about it anymore.

I hear
Check out my site for epic kosher adventures: Kosher Horizons

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16441
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime Plat, DL Dirt, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Avis Chairman, National EE, Hertz PC
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2019, 01:12:07 PM »
Thanks everyone for all the recommendations. I did not understand Something Fishy's joke, but I'll assume that it was funny.

And Muhammad is right-- I would like to bring soup, and that is why I'm looking for something that will keep everything really cold and frozen. For this reason, I don't think that @yungermanchik 's or @Luvisrael 's items would work, although I appreciate the generosity.

Any other ideas??

Yes, for a soup you would need a cooler.
No, I wouldn't bring a cooler for some soup, you'll survive without soup. Or just buy soup there.

I've flown with deep frozen food to Hawaii with multiple connections in regular suitcases and the food has always arrived frozen at the hotel.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Agoldsc1

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2019, 01:14:39 PM »
Yes, for a soup you would need a cooler.
No, I wouldn't bring a cooler for some soup, you'll survive without soup. Or just buy soup there.

I've flown with deep frozen food to Hawaii with multiple connections in regular suitcases and the food has always arrived frozen at the hotel.

Lol, I miss-worded my post. I'm not bringing it just for soup-- maybe I'm just being paranoid, but I don't want to worry about my food while I'm traveling.

Offline yungermanchik

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2019, 09:51:27 PM »
For this reason, I don't think that @yungermanchik 's items would work, although I appreciate the generosity.
I used it in the summer leaving it in the car for many hours as I stopped for attractions. The block of ice (9x13 pan frozen and popped into a 2 gallon ziplock was still frozen. and the milk was still cold. They were in the car for 12 hr. 5hr. driving and 7hr. in a hot non-airconditioned parked car

Offline Muhammad

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2019, 02:02:41 AM »
And Muhammad is right-- I would like to bring soup, and that is why I'm looking for something that will keep everything really cold and frozen.
lol I was just trying to make a joke didnít realize people actually travel with frozen soup, but if you donít find a cooler you can use tradition soup (itís only two days, canít be so bad...)