Author Topic: connecting at dulles  (Read 675 times)

Offline Lamppost

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
connecting at dulles
« on: June 27, 2012, 01:05:31 PM »
Hi, ive got a flight from fra to msy and it connects through iad. Now from iad i can either take a flight that leaves 65 minuted after official arrival to continue on to my next stopover (iad-hsv-iah-msy) or 85 minutes later to ord-msy. the first option gets me in at 10:30 at night, the second at 11:50. My question is are these ridiculously short connecting times for an international transfer at dulles? Should i specifically go for the 85 minute tranfer despite the later arrival? How long does one need to transfer at iad (From lufthansa to united)? I will be in business class, does that make it better? Thanks!

Offline SuperFlyer

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: connecting at dulles
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2012, 02:16:08 PM »
If you go through customs as an american, and you do not waste time, you should be ok.

Business class does not help.

Remember that they will put you on next flight if you miss the first one.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
Re: connecting at dulles
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2012, 02:23:51 PM »
If you go through customs as an american, and you do not waste time, you should be ok.

Business class does not help.

Remember that they will put you on next flight if you miss the first one.
Customs may well take longer unless you have GE

Of course business class helps - you'll be on top priority for standby on the next flight.

OP- get the shortest connection, if you miss it or don't feel like runing, ask a Club/helpdesk and they will gladly place you on the next flight. If there is a direct flight with (any) seat available, miss this connection  and you'll be placed on the direct flight. Been there, done that.

Enjoy MSY, it's an awesome place.
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים