List of TR's:

Kosher Food/ Restaurants:

Synagogue:

Things to Do:

Hotels:

Getting Around:

Notes:

Please Update the Wiki

Author Topic: Bora Bora Master Thread  (Read 253642 times)

Offline Wizmanison

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
Re: Bora Bora Master Thread
« Reply #980 on: January 08, 2019, 12:48:23 PM »
please, thank you
It’s not OWB. Easily found on the LM website is the description of the room:

“Recently renovated and located at the beginning of the pontoon, this exquisite bungalow with no direct access to the water offers great views over the main island of Bora Bora and the lagoon.”

It has access to the beach though... from what I hear they are very upgrade friendly if not at full occupancy.

Offline S123

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: January 08, 2019, 12:50:51 PM »
Thanks

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #982 on: February 20, 2019, 01:08:03 PM »
Booked the TN mass availability last week (some of which is still around actually).

Since we have done BOB before, am I crazy to consider mixing BOB with other islands (or skipping  it altogether :o)?
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #983 on: February 20, 2019, 01:21:51 PM »
Booked the TN mass availability last week (some of which is still around actually).

Since we have done BOB before, am I crazy to consider mixing BOB with other islands (or skipping  it altogether :o)?
Skip and do other islands IMHO.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline @Yehuda

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: February 20, 2019, 01:52:20 PM »

While researching, seeing ads, etc. I saw bits of other islands and thought they were beautiful too and worth a visit. However, the most important thing to me was the resort, and points resorts are scarce on the other islands. Diving and other water sports aren't very important to me, and I believe BOB has more options for those (unsure if the quality of diving/snorkeling is better in BOB or the same as other islands), so if those are important to you, you may want to stay in BOB.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #985 on: February 20, 2019, 04:42:58 PM »
points resorts are scarce on the other islands.
Used up all the A+?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline @Yehuda

• View Profile
« Reply #986 on: February 20, 2019, 04:52:18 PM »
Used up all the A+?
$28 out of pocket will do that to ya

Offline mmgfarb

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: February 20, 2019, 04:56:36 PM »
Used up all the A+?
A+ is cash, I'm not sure why people here think that they're getting their vacation for free when they use the points. You're using money that you could have used for anything, for a vacation. Nothing wrong with that, just realize what it is.
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: February 20, 2019, 04:58:32 PM »
A+ is cash, I'm not sure why people here think that they're getting their vacation for free when they use the points. You're using money that you could have used for anything, for a vacation. Nothing wrong with that, just realize what it is.
Lol, didn't realize you were such a n00b ;)
You are repeating the same argument that I always made with @yehuda back in the day.

Offline mmgfarb

• View Profile
« Reply #989 on: February 20, 2019, 04:59:32 PM »
You are repeating the same argument that I always made with @yehuda back in the day.
Thanks for keeping me humble 😏
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #990 on: February 20, 2019, 05:26:13 PM »
However, the most important thing to me was the resort

That'll probably be the same for Mrs. AJK.  I don't require a points hotel, necessarily, but I'll not be allowed to make reservations at the French Polynesian Holiday Inn equivalent, neither.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: February 20, 2019, 05:28:41 PM »
That'll probably be the same for Mrs. AJK.  I don't require a points hotel, necessarily, but I'll not be allowed to make reservations at the French Polynesian Holiday Inn equivalent, neither.
I'm sure you can find decent hotels on other islands.

Offline mmgfarb

• View Profile
« Reply #992 on: February 20, 2019, 06:18:08 PM »
I guess that's what you get for spoiling her for years  :P

Offline as2

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: February 20, 2019, 08:17:11 PM »
-.5 While that argument holds water, it still is not an out of pocket expense. In my current financial situation, I probably couldn't just drop $1,000 on a vacation without setting aside money every month. With the A+, as well as my other points/miles, I can afford it without offsetting my budget. Obviously, you can argue that points/miles are included in a budget, but I personally don't work it that way.
Memories last forever, make them while you can.

Offline mmgfarb

• View Profile
« Reply #994 on: February 20, 2019, 09:06:27 PM »
-.5 While that argument holds water, it still is not an out of pocket expense. In my current financial situation, I probably couldn't just drop $1,000 on a vacation without setting aside money every month. With the A+, as well as my other points/miles, I can afford it without offsetting my budget. Obviously, you can argue that points/miles are included in a budget, but I personally don't work it that way.
I'm not disagreeing with your sentiment, I'm just saying that you could use the cash back just as easily to repair the leak in your roof as you can on a vacation. What you actually choose to use it for is irrelevant, it's a cash back card just like any other, just book a refundable.

Offline Joe4007

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: February 20, 2019, 09:24:53 PM »
I'm not disagreeing with your sentiment, I'm just saying that you could use the cash back just as easily to repair the leak in your roof as you can on a vacation. What you actually choose to use it for is irrelevant, it's a cash back card just like any other, just book a refundable.
Same can be said for miles.

Offline mmgfarb

• View Profile
« Reply #996 on: February 20, 2019, 09:26:19 PM »
Same can be said for miles.
Only to a certain extent and miles are definitely not cash in the same way.

Offline Joe4007

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: February 20, 2019, 09:28:37 PM »
Only to a certain extent and miles are definitely not cash in the same way.
It requires a bit more work, yes, but at the end of the day it's all about how you set your mind and what you expect out of your CC spending.

Offline mochjas

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 123
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, AA EX PLAT, Jetblue Mosaic, Qatar Gold, United Silver
« Reply #998 on: February 20, 2019, 09:29:19 PM »
some people don’t book refundables

Offline @Yehuda

• View Profile
« Reply #999 on: February 20, 2019, 10:47:19 PM »
My 2 contributions: Illogical math and My Brain on DDF. I'll take it :P