List of TR's:

Kosher Food/ Restaurants:

Synagogue:

Things to Do:

Hotels:

Getting Around:

Notes:

Please Update the Wiki

Author Topic: Bora Bora Master Thread  (Read 116738 times)

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
Re: Bora Bora Master Thread
« Reply #1035 on: August 24, 2019, 10:26:22 PM »
Assuming no delays, should be plenty of time.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline Mysterion21

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: October 07, 2019, 10:29:21 AM »
https://www.dansdeals.com/airfare-deals/mileage-deals/incredible-air-tahiti-nui-business-class-award-space-tahiti/

Expert Flyer is showing availability, but the agents are saying there is none. I have had them check "F" and "U" with no such luck. I have HUCA 4 times now. Any other ideas?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2019, 12:00:01 PM by Mysterion21 »

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16441
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime Plat, DL Dirt, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Avis Chairman, National EE, Hertz PC
« Reply #1037 on: October 07, 2019, 11:50:19 AM »
Expert Flyer is showing availability, but the agents are saying there are none. I have had them check "F" and "U" with no such luck. I have HUCA 4 times now. Any other ideas?
Did you call AA AU/NZ?
Ask if they can long sell?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline KSMH

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: October 07, 2019, 12:13:20 PM »
Expert Flyer is showing availability, but the agents are saying there is none. I have had them check "F" and "U" with no such luck. I have HUCA 4 times now. Any other ideas?
Did you call AA AU/NZ?
Ask if they can long sell?

If you need more info on long selling try this article.
https://onemileatatime.com/long-sell-airline-tickets/
Always praying for delayed baggage.

Offline Mysterion21

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: October 07, 2019, 12:53:57 PM »
Yes, I tried AU customer service and the long sell method. The award is showing on Qantas website which I mentioned and they state it's not available to them to book as an award flight. Which, frankly, I'm not sure if that's true or the agents just aren't trained to know how to get around.

Have no fear, I will NOT give up. I will keep trying over the next few days. Thanks all for input/suggestions.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16441
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime Plat, DL Dirt, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Avis Chairman, National EE, Hertz PC
« Reply #1040 on: October 07, 2019, 12:56:24 PM »
Yes, I tried AU customer service and the long sell method. The award is showing on Qantas website which I mentioned and they state it's not available to them to book as an award flight. Which, frankly, I'm not sure if that's true or the agents just aren't trained to know how to get around.

Have no fear, I will NOT give up. I will keep trying over the next few days. Thanks all for input/suggestions.
NZ?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Mysterion21

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: October 08, 2019, 08:35:08 AM »
NZ?

Yes, I tried AU, NZ, Executive Platinum. Despite Expert flyer showing available, the agents keep stating that Air Tahiti only release a certain amount of rewards flights to AA and a certain amount to Qantas and the American rewards seats are all booked. After asking to book via Qantas since they are both OneWorld, the agents still said they couldn't. So if anyone has any ideas how to book business seats that are "reserved" for Qantas with AA miles, please let me know.

Offline davidrotts63

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 26
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hertz Gold, Hyatt Member, BA Blue, Ebay banned, Amazon Prime
« Reply #1042 on: October 08, 2019, 08:40:39 AM »
Where does EF pull from? 
I think they may be blocking some, I've had this in the past where they can't see all.
(Quit) pulling out the flowers, and watering the weeds. -Peter Lynch

Offline Mysterion21

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: November 06, 2019, 12:04:43 PM »
Update for anyone trying to book in the future: I was able to secure 1 business class seat and 1 economy in mid-October. Despite ExpertFlyer showing availability, no agents were able to find award availability in business. I tried every trick that exists on the travel forums/blogs with no luck. I called the US call center, AU/NZ call center and never had any luck. Earlier this week, I was able to secure the other business class seat via AA.com! Once the seat showed up on AA.com, I then quickly called the US # and they were able to book without any issues. Hopefully I can save someone the time by calling everyday as it seems checking AA is sufficient. Good luck to any future hopefuls!

Offline KidOOO

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: November 07, 2019, 04:01:22 PM »
St Regist BOB - points seem to book into garden villa, anyone knows if it's possible to get a confirmed OWB with extra $ or any other way?