Author Topic: Car leases in the $100/month range?  (Read 27253 times)

Offline Saver2000

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Car leases in the $100/month range?
« Reply #60 on: May 10, 2012, 01:25:00 PM »
Why does that matter?

I'm just pointing out that he can register the car in one state, and use it in another state. Whether its legal/(ethical?) is a different question.

This thread is about leasing a car. comment #3 in your post has nothing to do with the fact that the car is leased - it pertains to all/any cars.

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #61 on: May 10, 2012, 01:29:41 PM »
I'm just pointing out that he can register the car in one state, and use it in another state. Whether its legal/(ethical?) is a different question.

Right, he is also able to rob a bank and use the proceeds to fund the purchase of a Ferrari 458. I'm letting him know there are tickets for doing what you're suggesting.

This thread is about leasing a car. comment #3 in your post has nothing to do with the fact that the car is leased - it pertains to all/any cars.

If this thread is about leasing a car, and my comment pertains to both the purchase of a car and the leasing of a car, then it pertains to... you guessed it: the leasing of a car. Seems circular, it isnt.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline Saver2000

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 10, 2012, 01:34:49 PM »
Right, he is also able to rob a bank and use the proceeds to fund the purchase of a Ferrari 458. I'm letting him know there are tickets for doing what you're suggesting.

I was waiting for that type of comeback  ::) ::)

If this thread is about leasing a car, and my comment pertains to both the purchase of a car and the leasing of a car, then it pertains to... you guessed it: the leasing of a car. Seems circular, it isnt.

Aright I'm getting out the DMV handbook,  lets see who can post more car buying rules.  ::)

Offline MnM1130

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 10, 2012, 01:38:39 PM »
You can lease a car wherever you want. A couple of points:

1) You'll have to either drive the car from the leasing point to the new state, or you'll have to pay for it to be transported. Both entail extra costs, the former being to your allotted yearly mileage, and the former being to your wallet.
2) The state in which the car is being used (not necessarily where leased) is the state in which the car must be registered and insured. Thus, if you are using a car for 3 months in NY with no definite plans to on where you are moving, you'd have to first register and insure in NY and then change when your final decision is made.
3) As has been mentioned, not all lease deals are country-wide, so it might pay to lease in a different state from the one the one in which you currently reside.
lol... glad my questions can humor pple...
i dont get points 3 though...
care to explain?
thnks

Offline AJK

• View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #64 on: May 10, 2012, 01:40:38 PM »
Did you overlook her original post, or did you just forget it in the time it took to point out that she could, if she wanted to, not follow the law?

any difference in leasing cars from different states? would it be worthwhile to lease a car in NY if i will live in LA for example? i know nothing about car leasing just starting with the basics- and cant figure out what would be my best option. (looking into a basic honda, or toyota 5 seater for example)

Yeah, my post had nothing to do with her questions. Your post was infinitely more valuable.

Oh, and the whole rolling the eyes thing is unbecoming on you.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 10, 2012, 01:43:05 PM »
lol... glad my questions can humor pple...
i dont get points 3 though...
care to explain?
thnks

Sure. Not all manufacturer deals are nationwide. Put another way, some dealerships and leasing agents are given regional-only deals.

Therefore, it might make sense, even if you ARE moving across the country, to lease on the East Coast instead to get a better deal. Only speaking to potential dealers and leasing agents on both coasts will provide the answer.

Offline MnM1130

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 10, 2012, 02:02:08 PM »
ok makes sense.. thats what i was wondering... so as soon as i figure out which car were interested in- i can talk to dealerships in the 2 states (ny, and the unknown) and see if the deals are similar (take into account either shipping or driving as well) and go from there...
sounds good
thanks!
if i need more info (which im sure i will) or if i need info on rules in the DMV handbook ill refer back to here... :)

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 10, 2012, 02:16:01 PM »
Anytime!

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 10, 2012, 03:06:51 PM »
ok makes sense.. thats what i was wondering... so as soon as i figure out which car were interested in- i can talk to dealerships in the 2 states (ny, and the unknown) and see if the deals are similar (b]take into account either shipping or driving as well[/b]) and go from there... )

Yup, you gotta consider your mileage allowance and cost per mile for overage. Driving a car cross country could easily deplete 2-3 motnsh worth of miles, and these allowances aren't typically that generous in the first place (meaning you'll be using all the miles)...
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline bigben

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 23, 2012, 12:54:23 AM »
any current cheap deal for lease of minivan or midsize suv ? in ny area

Offline APoshiterYid

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 23, 2012, 02:16:08 AM »
Looking for deal in tri-state area (Im in NY) for cheapest possible lease (sentra, civic, whatever).
2 or 3 years, 10k miles, damage waiver.

TIA!
If you have my email PLEASE don't PM me :)

Offline PlatinumGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 09, 2012, 04:29:02 PM »
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline Walk On the Ocean

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 09, 2012, 04:31:30 PM »
http://www.comfortautoleasing.com/2012-smart-pure/1633

99/mo + tax, no money down
Just warning you:
This car is very jerky on highways (could feel scary at some points)
But I think city driving is much better