Author Topic: Chase Freedom Cards Being Devalued Again.  (Read 1289 times)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Chase Freedom Cards Being Devalued Again.
« on: February 21, 2010, 06:08:50 PM »
Via NY Times:

-Chase officials say that they changed the Freedom program to reflect new consumer insights and are planning yet another round of changes.
-Next month (March 2010) all Chase Freedom cardholders will give up their existing benefits and be moved into a new cash-back rewards program offering a 5 percent rebate in three categories that change each quarter.
-The catch is that cardholders will have to sign up to receive the benefits and will no longer qualify for a coveted $50 bonus (On $200 reward conversion)
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Deal Guy

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
Re: Chase Freedom Cards Being Devalued Again.
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2010, 12:11:40 AM »
Dan, would you care to elaborate. I had the chase freedom which gave 3% in some catagories, and a few months ago they changed it along with other cardmembers to some award card where you get 1% plus another 10% of that (or whatever it is).
 Now, what are you saying now. Are they going back to the 3%? Isn't that a good thing? Will I lose my reward points?
  What will i have to sign up to? I'm not sure what $50 bonus you are talkling about? Can u please explain. Thanks