Author Topic: Starwood AMEX Master Thread  (Read 692370 times)

Offline yare

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Starwood SPG 30k
« Reply #240 on: September 05, 2012, 12:58:30 PM »
usually people apply with blank/new no. to get the bonus. it doesn't make to much sense they should honor it that way
i've gotten the bonus on same spg number multiple times

Offline good sam

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: September 05, 2012, 01:03:09 PM »
Figured.  Seems like they don't check into these things.
If you don't care why would you comment?
HT: DMYD

Offline KidOOO

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: September 05, 2012, 02:57:14 PM »
If i applied yesterday from the 30K link but they only approved it today, will i still get the 30K rather than the 25K?

i seem to remember that it said you application has to be APPROVED by Sep 4th to get the points

Offline JEWDA

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 75
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Dansdeals PRESIDENTIAL Platinum Elite, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Gold, Avis Presidents Club, King Fisher Silver, Hertz #1 Club President Circle Gold, SIXT Platinum, PC Platinum Elite
« Reply #243 on: September 05, 2012, 03:24:56 PM »
If i applied yesterday from the 30K link but they only approved it today, will i still get the 30K rather than the 25K?

i seem to remember that it said you application has to be APPROVED by Sep 4th to get the points
As long as you applied when it was 30k you'll get 30k
Your Ad Can Be Here! PM For Lowest Rates.

Offline yare

• View Profile
« Reply #244 on: September 05, 2012, 03:34:30 PM »
Figured.  Seems like they don't check into these things.
though there was one time where i didn't get it :P   

Offline Zeeeeks

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: September 06, 2012, 02:20:25 PM »
I applied in July for the 25k offer and Amex gave me the additional 5k points today for the better offer :)

Is Amex matching back?

Offline asks

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: September 06, 2012, 02:39:28 PM »
I applied in July for the 25k offer and Amex gave me the additional 5k points today for the better offer :)

Is Amex matching back?

I dont think so at least not 100% of the time, but what did you ask for and who did you speak to?

I was also able to get it after getting rejected via SM but then called it in and they told me they would decide in 7-10 days.  I know another DDF'er who tried same thing and had no luck both SM and CS but he got 2.5k goodwill instead.

Offline Zeeeeks

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: September 06, 2012, 03:31:50 PM »
I dont think so at least not 100% of the time, but what did you ask for and who did you speak to?

I was also able to get it after getting rejected via SM but then called it in and they told me they would decide in 7-10 days.  I know another DDF'er who tried same thing and had no luck both SM and CS but he got 2.5k goodwill instead.
Called SPG CS 800-297-1000

Offline asks

• View Profile
« Reply #248 on: September 06, 2012, 03:50:03 PM »

Offline Shmelly

• View Profile
« Reply #249 on: September 06, 2012, 04:08:21 PM »
I left my SPG # blank on the app. Do I SM to have it added? Or do I get a different # provided by them and merge it later once I get the bonus?
You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. - Dr. Seuss

Offline compddd

• View Profile
« Reply #250 on: September 07, 2012, 10:53:39 AM »

Is Amex matching back?

No you just got very lucky with a nice rep.

Offline tuvz

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: September 12, 2012, 09:42:40 AM »
Yes !  I have had cards overnight ed to Europe after sent out snail mail,  and told to destroy the dupe when I get back NYC .

At least 3 times Amex and Chase

I just got approved for the starwood and called up to get it sent to me overseas but she told me they have send a letter about the apr and only after that do they send the card.
Any way to speed this up?

Offline PETERP

• View Profile
« Reply #252 on: September 12, 2012, 11:18:51 AM »
I just got approved for the starwood and called up to get it sent to me overseas but she told me they have send a letter about the apr and only after that do they send the card.
Any way to speed this up?

I have received the entire package overseas including Apr fees etc.

I told them I read the app T  & C Which discusses that .

They said with the new Fed banking laws that they had to be sure you got the APR fees terms

I insisted and got more than 4 cards sent to me !
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 11:33:45 AM by PETERP »

Offline JEWDA

• View Profile
  • Programs: Dansdeals PRESIDENTIAL Platinum Elite, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Gold, Avis Presidents Club, King Fisher Silver, Hertz #1 Club President Circle Gold, SIXT Platinum, PC Platinum Elite
« Reply #253 on: September 12, 2012, 11:26:16 AM »
Update:
Called Amex, comes out they didn't even do a hard pull for any of them and they declined the 1st one based on a soft pull done in the begining of August. She told me the other 2 were not canceled but they were on hold and a hard pull was not done yet. So I told her to send them all in now for a review and they should do a hard pull on all of them, hoping I'll get one pull. Now showing In Progess.
Update:
They pulled once on sep. 5 and still all 3 apps were showing In Progress until this morning when I checked and one app was approved and sure enough they pulled again today! >:( They said the other 2 apps are still on hold.

Offline JEWDA

• View Profile
« Reply #254 on: September 12, 2012, 05:33:58 PM »
So I called amex and asked why they pulled twice and the woman didn't really speak good English and I wasn't getting anywhere so I decided to call experian and explain to them that its a duplicate and that I want to dispute it, so she said they'll speak to amex and find out if they could dispute it.  Just got an email with results that they deleted the pull from today

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #255 on: September 12, 2012, 05:39:48 PM »
Congrats!
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Shmelly

• View Profile
« Reply #256 on: September 12, 2012, 08:39:29 PM »
I left my SPG # blank on the app. Do I SM to have my existing one added? Or do I get a new # provided by Amex and then  merge it later once I get the bonus?
BUMP
You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. - Dr. Seuss

Offline CholentTheTraveler

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Delta Gold, Hilton Honors Gold, United, Hertz Gold, SPG Gold
« Reply #257 on: September 12, 2012, 09:21:59 PM »
BUMP
Leave it and get a new number and then have the accounts merged. It is pretty simple to have the accounts merged(even a spouse can be combined to your account)

Offline blue eyes

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: September 13, 2012, 12:09:32 PM »
I applied for the spg when they had the 25K offer and wanted amex to match the 30K offer for me
this is what they sent back

Dear xxxx
I apologize but I am unable to locate any promotional offer of earning 30,000 bonus Starpoints on your account.

The offer associated to your Starwood Preferred Guest is to earn up to 25,000 Starpoints:

1) 10,000 Bonus Starpoints is earned after the first purchase is made within a year from the time the Card account is opened.
2) 15,000 Bonus Starpoints is earned after you have completed $5,000 of eligible spending within the first 183 days of Cardmembership.

We are unable to enroll your account or award Reward points to your account for the 30,000 points offer, as it was a limited only to customers who were explicitly sent this offer.

Please understand we are unable to make each individual offer available to all our Cardmembers. While this particular offer is not available to you, we are always creating new offers to help our existing Cardmembers earn more bonus points. When an offer becomes available to you, we will send you a letter or email explaining the opportunity and how you can take advantage of it.

We appreciate your understanding and look forward to assisting you in the future.

Sincerely,
Surajit Dhar
Email Servicing Team
American Express Interactive Services

Offline asks

• View Profile
« Reply #259 on: September 13, 2012, 12:13:14 PM »
I applied for the spg when they had the 25K offer and wanted amex to match the 30K offer for me
this is what they sent back

Dear xxxx
I apologize but I am unable to locate any promotional offer of earning 30,000 bonus Starpoints on your account.

The offer associated to your Starwood Preferred Guest is to earn up to 25,000 Starpoints:

1) 10,000 Bonus Starpoints is earned after the first purchase is made within a year from the time the Card account is opened.
2) 15,000 Bonus Starpoints is earned after you have completed $5,000 of eligible spending within the first 183 days of Cardmembership.

We are unable to enroll your account or award Reward points to your account for the 30,000 points offer, as it was a limited only to customers who were explicitly sent this offer.

Please understand we are unable to make each individual offer available to all our Cardmembers. While this particular offer is not available to you, we are always creating new offers to help our existing Cardmembers earn more bonus points. When an offer becomes available to you, we will send you a letter or email explaining the opportunity and how you can take advantage of it.

We appreciate your understanding and look forward to assisting you in the future.

Sincerely,
Surajit Dhar
Email Servicing Team
American Express Interactive Services

call them and ask for the additional points as goodwill