Author Topic: Starwood AMEX Master Thread  (Read 692694 times)

Offline Super Speed

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis First, National Executive Elite, Sixt Platinum.
Re: Starwood AMEX Master Thread
« Reply #840 on: October 10, 2013, 05:49:56 PM »
Is it wrong to claim only $95 on a $135 item in order that I'll be able to keep the item?

Offline KidOOO

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: October 10, 2013, 06:09:24 PM »
Call, it seems unless you're doing a lot of spending you'll probably only get about 1K. Once your points post you can cancel your card.

Will this work with chat also? I hate calling

Offline Super Speed

• View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis First, National Executive Elite, Sixt Platinum.
« Reply #842 on: October 10, 2013, 06:12:08 PM »
Will this work with chat also? I hate calling
You can try... ;)

Offline HP58

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: October 10, 2013, 07:39:52 PM »
Is it wrong to claim only $95 on a $135 item in order that I'll be able to keep the item?
Try posting that in the Is It Ethical Thread  ;) .

Offline notanonymous

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: October 10, 2013, 10:10:27 PM »
Assuming that you got some use out of it, there could be a diminished value.  So even if it was 135 new (or replacement), perhaps your real loss was less?

Offline Super Speed

• View Profile
« Reply #845 on: October 10, 2013, 10:42:01 PM »
Assuming that you got some use out of it, there could be a diminished value.  So even if it was 135 new (or replacement), perhaps your real loss was less?
I did I had it for 2 months...

Offline notanonymous

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: October 10, 2013, 11:01:46 PM »
I did I had it for 2 months...
I've never used AMEX Returns, how can you claim less than what your credit card statement shows?  Don't they verify?

Offline Super Speed

• View Profile
« Reply #847 on: October 11, 2013, 12:00:48 AM »
I've never used AMEX Returns, how can you claim less than what your credit card statement shows?  Don't they verify?
If its under a $100 it seems they don't bother. So say I bought an item for $135 they don't know how many items I bought from the merchant for $135. So if you claim $95 they'll assume the rest was for another item or shipping (as they don't refund for shipping) and then refund you that amount. I actually just did it. I bought an item for $50 and accessories for $25 the charge showed up for $75 and I used return protection just for the $50, got it no question asked (I filed online) .

Offline ckmk47

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: October 11, 2013, 11:26:05 AM »
If its under a $100 it seems they don't bother. So say I bought an item for $135 they don't know how many items I bought from the merchant for $135. So if you claim $95 they'll assume the rest was for another item or shipping (as they don't refund for shipping) and then refund you that amount. I actually just did it. I bought an item for $50 and accessories for $25 the charge showed up for $75 and I used return protection just for the $50, got it no question asked (I filed online) .
You don't need to send in your actual receipt for return protection?  You only refer to the charge on the statement?
My favorite cause: cssy.org

Offline sruly

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: October 11, 2013, 11:29:59 AM »
I just claimed $145 and did not need to send receipt or product

Offline Super Speed

• View Profile
« Reply #850 on: October 11, 2013, 12:00:13 PM »
You don't need to send in your actual receipt for return protection?  You only refer to the charge on the statement?
Usually,  if its under $100.

Offline Super Speed

• View Profile
« Reply #851 on: October 11, 2013, 12:00:35 PM »
I just claimed $145 and did not need to send receipt or product
Wow! That's great!

Offline DoGo

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: October 13, 2013, 12:44:36 AM »
I've claimed one item at about $150 and another at $180 got both credits still have the item(s), no receipt needed.

Offline Super Speed

• View Profile
« Reply #853 on: October 13, 2013, 12:50:36 AM »
I've claimed one item at about $150 and another at $180 got both credits still have the item(s), no receipt needed.
Care to share type of items?

Offline Azis Papa

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: October 13, 2013, 12:58:20 AM »
Several weeks ago I was approved for 2 SPGs, 1 business & 1 personal.  I entered no SPG member number on the apps so they assigned two new ones.  Then I noticed a week or two later that they had changed the number on the personal card to the one on the business card, i.e. they combined the accounts.  I got the intro bonus on both cards but when I try to login to spg.com I get an error "We cannot locate this Starwood Preferred Guest account." 
Has anybody had a similar experience?  I'm not sure how to fix this? TIA

Offline HowYaDoin

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #855 on: October 13, 2013, 11:53:14 AM »
Several weeks ago I was approved for 2 SPGs, 1 business & 1 personal.  I entered no SPG member number on the apps so they assigned two new ones.  Then I noticed a week or two later that they had changed the number on the personal card to the one on the business card, i.e. they combined the accounts.  I got the intro bonus on both cards but when I try to login to spg.com I get an error "We cannot locate this Starwood Preferred Guest account." 
Has anybody had a similar experience?  I'm not sure how to fix this? TIA
i am currently having similar issue. although i had already seen them merged and accessed the account since then for some reson today its not working. im going to wait another day before i start making phone calls

Offline @Yehuda

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: October 14, 2013, 10:44:23 AM »
i am currently having similar issue. although i had already seen them merged and accessed the account since then for some reson today its not working. im going to wait another day before i start making phone calls

On my chase personal vs business cards, I was given 2 separate logins. They told me I can either have 2 logins or move over all the personals to the business account. Maybe AMEX has the same story.

Offline HowYaDoin

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: October 14, 2013, 11:43:26 AM »
On my chase personal vs business cards, I was given 2 separate logins. They told me I can either have 2 logins or move over all the personals to the business account. Maybe AMEX has the same story.
we arent discussing the AMEX site thats ok they always put your business and personal on the same login. its SPG thats the issue
EDIT: and its no longer an issue i just logged on without a problem and all my points were there both consumer and business

Offline Azis Papa

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: October 14, 2013, 01:54:23 PM »
we arent discussing the AMEX site thats ok they always put your business and personal on the same login. its SPG thats the issue
EDIT: and its no longer an issue i just logged on without a problem and all my points were there both consumer and business
Same here.  Now I can log on and all the points are there.  Weird.  I do keep getting a message that there's a problem with my email set-up and to contact CS.  I don't see where to edit email address in SPG.  Is your login ID supposed to be your email?   

Offline Super Speed

• View Profile
« Reply #859 on: October 16, 2013, 05:39:27 PM »

Does the yearly limit on returns end with the calendar year or with the cards anniversary?
BUMP