Author Topic: US Chairman - Convert to UA 1K  (Read 1310 times)

Offline john

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United 1K
US Chairman - Convert to UA 1K
« on: July 14, 2012, 12:52:14 AM »
I want to get out of US air and still be in *A. I want to get to UA 1K. I am seeking suggestions of creative way to get in. Like Match/Challeneg ( difficult, as both are *A) or match to AA then re-match to UA 1K etc....
My reasons to get  out of US are following.

1. Base airport is IAD - so most of the time I fly United.
2. being *G, I get at most E+, may be as 1K I may get upgrades.
3. Most important reason for me to transfer is, that US doesnt do 1 way reward using US Miles, which I find very useful with United.
4. Second most important is, US dont carry forward miles for lifetime status. eventually, I will get tired of travelling and before I give up, I want to achieve lifetime status.
5. Negative for me to join UA is, that I often get upgraded on US, when I fly US, may be in UA it will not happen, due to too many 1K, however I hardly fly US right now, so it doesnt make any difference to me. whatever they will upgrade me is going to be positive.
6. last but not the least, US in recent past have even started blocking some partner award flights. so I have seen, that I cannot book *A partner flights, which I see available as saver in UA award chart, US tell me it is not available. I have most of my miles to reddem are US miles.
7. Second thing I will lose is, if I just transition over, than, I will lose 100% bonus that I am getting on US right now on *A flight and 500 minimum segment miles, I will have to start over, but I will gain 1K in 1 year, if I start from Jan.
8. One I forgot also is no SWU with US, while I may qualify for it in UA.

I am trying to find easier better route, so I don't lose out my 500 mile per segment and 100% bonus.  I dont take too many F or International paid flight that I take, but I do take atleast 100-120 segments and 100K-120K miles in a year on UA metal. So most to all my business is going to UA, so if I got to OW or sky team, UA will lose that business. Do I have any case to get UA 1K? how can I convince UA to match me? Is matching AA first will serve purpose, leveraging it to get UA 1K?

Any suggestions +ves and -ves given my situation is welcome.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
Re: US Chairman - Convert to UA 1K
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2012, 02:32:48 PM »
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline YudiG

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile