Author Topic: Latest "iPhone 5" Rumor: Apple to reveal release date on Aug 7  (Read 9045 times)

Offline elikay

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Re: Latest "iPhone 5" Rumor: Apple to reveal release date on Aug 7
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2012, 10:02:41 PM »
Apple being easier to use does not make it better.

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2012, 10:22:42 PM »
Not in and of itself, but all things being equal it'd be hard to argue that being easier to use makes it worse...
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline springles

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2012, 10:56:55 PM »
  • ...And that can only fly if people actually buy at that "controlled" price. And people are buying alright. People find it valuable regardless of Apple controlling the retail pricing.
  • That's irrelevant. If they were THAT good, they would retain their value. Does the value of a Toyota go down because of Honda? Honda and Toyota are both good, so they both retain their value.
  • What does this have to do with the price of tea in China? This is true for Android phones as well.

lol... How many of those android phones are cheap $99 phones that ignorant people get sold at the Verizon store? How many of them are running Android 2.3?

Get this straight: low-end Androids are the new dumbphones. Dumbphones are not really being manufactured anymore, and low-end Androids are taking their place. This chart says nothing about the "real" smartphone market.

If I had a dime for every time I heard that argument...

I have used the 4 and the 4s, and there is simply no comparison. Releasing Siri early was a mistake, which they are now going to fix big time. And oh are they going to make up for it.

Did you just make that up?

Steve Jobs admitted that Android is a threat. But it's a thread in the same way that Microsoft was a threat. Apple aims for top-notch engineering, and Google aims to get as many devices into people's hands. At the end of the day, this is the consumer's choice, and Apple has no control over that.

As far as "legit competition", are you willing to tell me with a straight face that Samsung did not copy Apple?
As an innocent bystander (a BB user to the end) you are not really making sense.  First you are saying that iphone has been grabbing market share while android hasnt been but the evidence points to the opposite, android is growing in market share much  faster than iOS.  Then you respond with a survey that shows that iphone will build market share in the next 3 years based on 400 consumers (really small sample size when predicting numbers in the millions) that are inherently not representative of the population (article points out that over 50% of sample owns iphones when under 25% of population does).  Lastly you say that apple does see android as a threat because google aims to get as many devices into people's hands and apple aims for top engineering, which sounds like you are saying that android does have larger market share but you dont agree with the general consumer who is "buying the wrong device." 

Mix in arguments about low end androids being dumbphones (not any more than a 3 year old iphone is) and how different the 4s is from the iphone 4 (it objectively isn't) and you have me thoroughly confused.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2012, 08:53:41 PM »
http://www.bgr.com/2012/07/29/iphone-5-photos-parts-release-fall/

<Totally underwhelmed by the design. My goodness that freakin thing needs a facelift.>
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Online AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2012, 09:53:08 PM »
http://www.bgr.com/2012/07/29/iphone-5-photos-parts-release-fall/

"Totally underwhelmed by the design. My goodness that freakin thing needs a facelift."

:o, but it's "the last design from Steve Jobs' legacy" :P

(In case it wasn't obvious. That's me poking fun at the Apple fanbois)
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2012, 10:12:18 PM »
If that's it, he went out with a whimper, I'm sorry to say.

Online AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2012, 04:55:01 AM »
If that's it, he went out with a whimper, I'm sorry to say.

No, no. You have it all wrong: He died with "Yes! Yes! Yes!" on his lips. :P
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline This is who I am

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2012, 09:22:23 AM »
The iPhone 5, iPad mini & Next-Gen iPod nano Will Be Unveiled On September 12, 2012
Read more at http://www.cultofmac.com/181773/the-iphone-5-ipad-mini-next-gen-ipod-nano-will-be-unveiled-on-september-12-2012-rumor/#FdZTEZdQoLV80guy.99
“Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple.”

Offline 123ablack

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2012, 02:20:15 PM »

Offline sky121

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2012, 08:48:48 PM »
Guess as to how much the iphone 5 will be going for on Ebay arrival week?
"Not all who wander are lost"

Offline sml67

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2012, 02:48:51 PM »
Guess as to how much the iphone 5 will be going for on Ebay arrival week?

Would not be surprised to see people paying $850+ for an unlocked 16GB, considering they're currently dishing out $650+ for the 4S on ebay. And, if you're going to shell out $850, you're going to shell out $1K...

Offline sky121

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2012, 02:50:45 PM »
Would not be surprised to see people paying $850+ for an unlocked 16GB, considering they're currently dishing out $650+ for the 4S on ebay. And, if you're going to shell out $850, you're going to shell out $1K...

Do we know if the Sprint Versions will have GSM again as well?

I am looking to buy a few on contract and sell em but I am trying to think if I will make more money off buying the 4s now at it's discounted rate or waiting for the 5?
"Not all who wander are lost"