Author Topic: Best Airline  (Read 41447 times)

Offline meshugener

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Amex Platinum, Chase Freedom 10X10 Exclusives, Avis Presidents Club, National Executive, Hertz 5 Star, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold
Re: Best Airline
« Reply #80 on: February 08, 2013, 03:47:37 PM »
redeeming 2 Saver awards
Is that even possible?
Love me or hate me. I still love you.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #81 on: February 08, 2013, 03:48:31 PM »
Is that even possible?
No.
Damax and I made up our trips and PG forged the screenshot.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 08, 2013, 03:51:35 PM »
No.
And hacked Singapore.com so that if you search again it will show you those seats available.
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #83 on: February 08, 2013, 03:52:25 PM »
True.
Are you referring to the new or old BA F? I've never flown BA.

I was referring to the new F.

And hacked Singapore.com so that if you search again it will show you those seats available.

haha
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline MEIR613

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 08, 2013, 04:11:41 PM »

haha
You flew the new F?

Offline meshugener

• View Profile
  • Programs: Amex Platinum, Chase Freedom 10X10 Exclusives, Avis Presidents Club, National Executive, Hertz 5 Star, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold
« Reply #85 on: February 08, 2013, 05:00:41 PM »
No.
lol
But seriously, it seems to be they release just one saver per flight originating JFK.
I believe you and Damax, but I can't figure out how you guys did it. :(

Offline aussiebochur

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 18, 2013, 09:40:33 PM »

Offline smart brit

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 18, 2013, 11:50:26 PM »
Disagree IME the new f although no suite, the service and the comfort of the bed (when it's made) was excellent

Offline AJK

• View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #88 on: February 19, 2013, 08:01:36 AM »
AJK, presume this was your question,  right?
http://boardingarea.com/blogs/onemileatatime/2013/02/18/my-five-favorite-first-class-%e2%80%9chard-products/

Interestingly no CX...

Guilty.

He says CX is his No. 6.

Disagree IME the new f although no suite, the service and the comfort of the bed (when it's made) was excellent

So what exactly are you disagreeing with?

The fact is, it lacks a suite, and its very cramped -- two things which make it an imperfect F product.

Your post then disagrees with that assertion by saying the service is great, implying it IS a perfect F product?  ???
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 08:05:38 AM by AJK »
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #89 on: February 19, 2013, 03:02:46 PM »
IMHO Lucky is wrong about CX.
These commenters agree:

"nathan said,

Nothing beats Cathay First class, not even an SQ, EK or Etihad suite. The widest bed in the air, is not matched by any narrow suite bed.

Gary (VFTW) said,

It’s not new, and it’s not an enclosed suite, but the CX product (especially on the 777 with just 6 seats, though I know some prefer the 747 in the nose I do not) ranks higher for me. It’s a very wide seat and I sleep better in it than any other I’ve tried. And I say that less than 48 hours after an EY F flight.

concorde02 said,

Tend to agree with Gary here. For me, the CX widest “single” bed is better than 2 narrower bed combined with noticeable harder feel over the divider.

Also the style and color tone have lots to do with the hard product for me because my eyes have to look at it. That case BA, LH, QF get high score while EK got pushed down big time. However, some aircraft that feature older overhead bins are less attractive even with the same design: LH 744/A340/330 vs LH A380/B748 (have nice clean ceilings)."
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 03:05:51 PM by Dan »
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: February 19, 2013, 03:08:37 PM »
BTW if SQ R didn't have the divider between the 2 beds I'd be a lot more gung-ho about it.
But calling it a double bed is a real stretch due to the divider.

And it loses points due to the seat comfort.

Still in terms of overall experience it's the top of the heap.  As I said at yesterday's DO, sort of like the LH FCT.  Something you need to try once, though not something you really need after that.

/.02

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 01, 2013, 11:35:30 AM »
BKK-CDG on TG in their new F on the A380 with no YQ and 70,000 UA miles

vs.

BKK-CDG on SQuites on the A380 with $250 YQ p/p for 112,500 SQ miles (I'd have to use partner chart and I wouldn't get discount).

Go!

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 01, 2013, 06:31:38 PM »
Really? No opinions?

Offline meshugener

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 01, 2013, 06:37:32 PM »
Really? No opinions?
How many DDFers do you think have been on both?

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 01, 2013, 06:38:58 PM »
How many DDFers do you think have been on both?

Though that would help inform one's opinion, I don't believe it is a prerequisite prior to participating...

Offline meshugener

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 01, 2013, 06:42:31 PM »
Though that would help inform one's opinion, I don't believe it is a prerequisite prior to participating...
Then I'd go with option 1, unless you're that cozy type of person.
But who am I to say?

Offline MEIR613

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 01, 2013, 06:49:30 PM »
BKK-CDG on TG in their new F on the A380 with no YQ and 70,000 UA miles

vs.

BKK-CDG on SQuites on the A380 with $250 YQ p/p for 112,500 SQ miles (I'd have to use partner chart and I wouldn't get discount).

Go!
I would go with option 1, even though I never tried either. When is the next time your going to be able to try TG F. SQ you can take anytime you go to Israel.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 01, 2013, 07:22:10 PM »
I would go with option 1, even though I never tried either. When is the next time your going to be able to try TG F. SQ you can take anytime you go to Israel.

Well, you can't (easily) take SQ R to Israel currently, as they tend to only release one saver award JFK-FRA...

But, you do have a point about TG F. I'd get to try TG's famed ground services, not to mention save more than 40,000 per person, IN ADDITION to $500 in YQ.

OK, I think that's a pretty compelling case.

Offline MEIR613

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 01, 2013, 07:27:53 PM »
Well, you can't (easily) take SQ R to Israel currently, as they tend to only release one saver award JFK-FRA...

But, you do have a point about TG F. I'd get to try TG's famed ground services, not to mention save more than 40,000 per person, IN ADDITION to $500 in YQ.

OK, I think that's a pretty compelling case.
Ummmm.......Yea I know it's hard :P

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 01, 2013, 07:31:15 PM »
Hey -- nice find!

Maybe they've begun releasing two spaces close to departure now?