Author Topic: My AUG 2012 Paris-Italy Trip  (Read 2071 times)

Offline DrDanny

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
My AUG 2012 Paris-Italy Trip
« on: July 18, 2012, 06:29:56 PM »
I know I'm a a little late to start planning now but that's how things worked out,
anyway the flights i have booked now land in CDG on AUG 2 at night and leave Paris wed AUG 8 after noon to FCO coming back to NYC thursday AUG 16.
Paris
I have not booked any of my hotels yet the Park Hyatt does not have any points rooms available as of yet I'm deciding between the InterContinental Le Grand and The Hyatt Regency unless their are some other good options that i don't know about in that case my ears are open (i'm looking to spend about $300 a night)
Italy
arriving wed night would like to spend Thursday on Rome and take a train to Venice Fri morning (is that do able?) Sun Morning take a train to Florence i would like to do the hike through 5 cities at Cinque Terre does anyone if i have to sleep there or can i take a train in from Florence in The morning and leave at night,  take a train back to Rome on Tues some time
TIA

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
Re: My AUG 2012 Paris-Italy Trip
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2012, 06:32:19 PM »
Keep checking availability at the PHP. And read the Paris master thread.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2012, 11:34:10 PM »
Personally I'd spend a day or two less in Paris and some more time in Italy
+1

6 days in Paris and 36 hours In Venice? But if your tickets are bought what can you do...
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline DrDanny

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2012, 12:24:39 AM »
There booked through air Canada I used upgrd.com so I need to get back to them to change my tickets but I am working on it

Offline DrDanny

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2012, 03:00:03 AM »
On the advice of anybody I asked I changed my flight to take a day away from Paris and add it to the Italy part of my trip,
And thanks to @dan and @AJK I got rooms in the PHPV (after calling literally 20 times their whole crooner Frank Sinatra hold music thing is starting to grow on me)
Again if anybody had been to Cinque Terre and can chime in that would be awesome

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2012, 03:04:20 AM »
On the advice of anybody I asked I changed my flight to take a day away from Paris and add it to the Italy part of my trip,
Thanks for the update! Now I will be able to sleep much better tonight. I have a friend going to Italy on Monday if you want me to ask him to look anything up for you let me know. I didn't really get a clear picture of what you were asking in you first post. Too many words maybe I'm too tired either way post here or PM me any that someone in Italy could find out easier.
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline Ergel

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
Re: Re: My AUG 2012 Paris-Italy Trip
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2012, 11:19:00 AM »
And thanks to @dan and @AJK I got rooms in the PHPV (after calling literally 20 times their whole crooner Frank Sinatra hold music thing is starting to grow on me)
Again if anybody had been to Cinque Terre and can chime in that would be awesome
Rooms opened up or they opened rooms for you?

If you are looking for other recommendations in Italy, I highly recommend going to Bellagio on lake Como. Also you can go into the alps, have a snowball fight in summer, pretty cool
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Offline DrDanny

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2012, 11:30:12 AM »
It seems that a certain amount of rooms are guaranteed points rooms
 even if the rest of the hotel is full if someone cancels a points reservation than a points room opens up

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2012, 11:39:16 AM »
It seems that a certain amount of rooms are guaranteed points rooms
 even if the rest of the hotel is full if someone cancels a points reservation than a points room opens up
All standard rooms can be booked with points. If 1 is cancelled (and the hotel isn't oversold) it goes back into inventory.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline DrDanny

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2012, 11:48:19 AM »
All standard rooms can be booked with points. If 1 is cancelled (and the hotel isn't oversold) it goes back into inventory.
Aha,
Thanks