Author Topic: Kansas City Master Thread  (Read 22328 times)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Re: Kansas City Master Thread
« Reply #80 on: June 09, 2022, 11:34:42 PM »
Is this still accurate do they still have daily minyanim?
Can it be relied upon for a minyan?
@zaidy :)
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Traveler718

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 10, 2022, 03:16:23 PM »
Is this still accurate do they still have daily minyanim?
Can it be relied upon for a minyan?

They definitely still have daily minyanim. To the best of my knowledge they should be reliable, but I haven't been there since last summer, so if you want to know 100% call the office during the day just to confirm.

I believe Shacharis is 6:30 during the week, 8:00 on Sunday, and 6:15 on Rosh Chodesh. Mincha/Maariv used to be b'zman, but I seem to recall last summer they said they may be switching to davening at plag during daylight savings even during the week.

Offline jose34

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 15, 2022, 09:15:49 AM »
They definitely still have daily minyanim. To the best of my knowledge they should be reliable, but I haven't been there since last summer, so if you want to know 100% call the office during the day just to confirm.

I believe Shacharis is 6:30 during the week, 8:00 on Sunday, and 6:15 on Rosh Chodesh. Mincha/Maariv used to be b'zman, but I seem to recall last summer they said they may be switching to davening at plag during daylight savings even during the week.

Which shul is this?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #83 on: August 15, 2022, 09:20:57 AM »
BIAV
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline jose34

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 06, 2022, 08:44:59 PM »
Where is a good safe area of hotels to stay in that preferably close the shul?

Marriott & IHG points.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 06, 2022, 08:50:20 PM »
Where is a good safe area of hotels to stay in that preferably close the shul?

Marriott & IHG points.
Close to which shul? Walkable or driveable?

Offline Traveler718

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 06, 2022, 09:57:19 PM »
I'm assuming you want to be near BIAV, which is the only Orthodox weekday minyan in town. Your best bet is probably the Overland Park Convention Center area, which has at least one Marriott option and also a Holiday Inn and is less than a 10 minute drive to shul. The entire area though is very suburban and safe, so if you find a different property with a better redemption, you should be fine.

If you're going to be there over Shabbos, it's a long walk from any hotel, with the closest well over a mile away from either BIAV or Torah Learning Center (Chabad, down the block from BIAV). But if you don't mind the distance, the walk is very safe.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 06, 2022, 10:03:29 PM »
If you're going to be there over Shabbos, it's a long walk from any hotel, with the closest well over a mile away from either BIAV or Torah Learning Center (Chabad, down the block from BIAV). But if you don't mind the distance, the walk is very safe.
If the goal is a hotel within walking distance of a shul on Shabbos and not staying in the main frum community, there are probably better options than BIAV/TLC, such as Chabad of Leawood or Chabad on the Plaza.

Offline Traveler718

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 06, 2022, 10:35:00 PM »
If the goal is a hotel within walking distance of a shul on Shabbos and not staying in the main frum community, there are probably better options than BIAV/TLC, such as Chabad of Leawood or Chabad on the Plaza.

I hear that, except Chabad of Leawood's website says that they have Shabbos day minyan every week but Friday night only once a month, while Chabad on the Plaza doesn't seem to ever have Friday night. And neither mentions mincha and maariv.

Depending on what he's looking for in a Shabbos shul, his walk may be shorter than at BIAV/TLC, but the minyan situation may be disappointing unless their websites are not up-to-date.

Offline normathej

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 01, 2024, 03:08:22 PM »
Shame this place isn't closer to those of us in the tri state, its looks so awesome.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/04/01/books/rabbit-hole-kansas-city.html