Author Topic: Can someone Guest at The Dan Lounge in TLV?  (Read 3662 times)

Offline YudiG

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Can someone Guest at The Dan Lounge in TLV?
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2012, 10:12:56 AM »
sounds strange to me. the sign doesnt say mehadrin but if u call the mashgiach who you dont know at all, he tells u its mehadrin?

the way kashrus works in israel, if you advertise as kosher - you must have a local kashrus cert. even if you have a private kashrus cert. such as eidah or rubin.

Hence, at TLV they all have from none other than the airport Rabbi - Rabbi Almalach. IIRC, there is only one level he offers i.e. regular kosher. Some stores there such as Pizza Hut are mehardrin and have an additional tuedah from Badatz Bet Yosef.

It very reasonable for the Dan lounge not to have a private mehadrin cert. in addition because they arent cooking food. They have drinks, a coffee machine, put out cake and bagged salad etc.

The regular tuedah covers this and the mashgiach checks. IMHO (I do have extensive kashrus experience) they have a slight advantage as far as products being brought in as being that its an airport...

There are tenders issued for suppliers and if they run out of something, they aren't exactly sending an employee to the makolet next door to pick something of the shelf.

So yes, if you speak to mashgiach and he tells you what hashgacha the products are what and you can see some of the packaging for yourself, IMHO, enjoy!

perhaps..but with an amex granted Priority select every guest is $27....

PP confirmed on the phone that this promo is for cards issued in the UK, Netherlands, Italy only...and no free guesting isnt allowed at Dan in TLV...

if people do it somehow...please enlighten me as I have 4 ppl I'd love to guest in...TIA

now getting back the OT...can someone chime in? Thx!