Author Topic: Scam or legit offer?  (Read 14806 times)

Offline kangaroo

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Scam or legit offer?
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2012, 10:50:42 PM »
THIS IS NOT A SCAM!!!

given, it might be a bait and switch, but it is not a scam.

My co-worker just did it.

They will try to convince you to pay thousands of dollars for x number of vacations.....the more you refuse, the lower they go in terms of price. if you still dont give in, they take you to the "closer". he usually gets people to sign, the "bargain" deal. if you still refuse, they WILL give you the free voucher in the end. My co-worker told me it was extremely hard to refuse, but he kept on refusing, in the end he got the free cruise. I SAW IT......he said, if you are in anyway a pushover DO NOT bother going, they will chap you. The "closer" told him, that he can count on one hand how many people actually refused him.....so good luck,

BTW. i plan on going myself for the free voucher, after 9-av.

Offline Yossi.

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2012, 11:30:10 PM »
THIS IS NOT A SCAM!!!

given, it might be a bait and switch, but it is not a scam.

My co-worker just did it.

They will try to convince you to pay thousands of dollars for x number of vacations.....the more you refuse, the lower they go in terms of price. if you still dont give in, they take you to the "closer". he usually gets people to sign, the "bargain" deal. if you still refuse, they WILL give you the free voucher in the end. My co-worker told me it was extremely hard to refuse, but he kept on refusing, in the end he got the free cruise. I SAW IT......he said, if you are in anyway a pushover DO NOT bother going, they will chap you. The "closer" told him, that he can count on one hand how many people actually refused him.....so good luck,

BTW. i plan on going myself for the free voucher, after 9-av.

Lol. Yeah thats exactly what i read online. They go through 3-4 people and then if they still say no they bring u to "THE MAN". But not sure if its worth the 3 hr drive RT and maybe other hidden fees for 2 free RT MIA tickets...

Offline askmoses

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2012, 12:16:08 AM »
Interesting that this has just come up...
https://www.saveology.com/deals/national/hilton-new-orleans-riverside-hotel?utm_medium=CJ&utm_campaign=404255&utm_source=AFF#
and part of the fine print there...
" All guests that arrive shall be required to attend a sales presentation by the resort. Major credit card and drivers license is required at check in—No debit cards. In the event you refuse to tour for any reason, the resort will charge your credit card for the full retail rate for the stay and not issue any refund. "

I didn't know saveology would feature this kind of thing...