Topic Wiki

Need a U.S. Passport Immediately?

You should make an appointment to be seen at a Regional Passport Agency only if:

The U.S. passport is needed in less than 2 weeks for international travel
The U.S. passport is needed within 4 weeks to obtain a foreign visa
Contact the National Passport Information Center to make an appointment or locate a Passport Agency.

go to :

http://travel.state.gov/passport/npic/npic_898.html

https://passportappointment.travel.state.gov/

I also made an appointment online. It's a long overdue option. I discovered that new appointments post at midnight, for the newly added day. I waited until midnight, and was able to pick any time I wanted in NY. Game changer.

and make a appointment you will get it the same day or the next day , (depends when you are flying) .

If you need an expedited appointment call l 1-877-487-2778 at 8 AM SHARP EST. Press 1 1 2 2 to speak to a live rep to schedule you an expedited appointment.
Trick is to press the last 2 at 8AM, rather than starting the call at 8AM. I had 2 people try it this morning- one pressed "2" at 8AM and had no hold times and got an appointment for today. The second called at 8AM, had a 30 min wait, and was told that the closest they have available is in VT.

« Last edited by baron on December 19, 2023, 09:55:48 PM »

Author Topic: Passport expedite  (Read 131947 times)

Offline avromie7

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
Re: Passport expedite
« Reply #300 on: August 03, 2020, 10:31:01 AM »
I just heard about someone from NJ who sent in a renewal application a few months ago and is still waiting. I can't verify any details, but this can be a possible DP about renewals sent to Philadelphia being delayed.
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Offline yochai

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: August 14, 2020, 04:13:43 PM »
Update: applied on May 11, shipped today.

Offline avromie7

• View Profile
« Reply #302 on: August 14, 2020, 05:08:20 PM »
The backlog is now below 1 million.

Offline username

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
  • Programs: ┌──────────────────┐ │───> Ữ₴ΣЯИΛΜӘ <─── │ └──────────────────┘
« Reply #303 on: August 14, 2020, 06:11:55 PM »
Applied at local (Cleveland) post office July 24th.  Status set to 'shipped, on Aug 6th, arrived Aug 13. First time passport, filed a form online with a congressman to help expedite it.
Was shipped from New York. The post office told me that they were being sent to Phila.
It took like two days from when the status was 'shipped' till the USPS actually showed it. And the birth certificate came back in the same envelope.
^^^

Offline dsprod

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hertz pc, Marriott gold, United premier platinum, star alliance gold.
« Reply #304 on: August 16, 2020, 03:48:57 PM »
Whats the fastest way to renew a passport?

Online NTorch

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 68
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: August 20, 2020, 06:13:22 PM »
Looking for an eitza - my son is set to IYH fly out for Yeshiva next Motzei Shabbos (8/29). His passport expires in November.

We thought about applying at the post office in May but were scared off by the 1.8 million passport backlog and were hoping that expedited would be back on line by the summer.

Can't get an emergency appointment because B'H no one is seriously ill or worse.

Spoke to a really nice person in a Senators office who said that if he applies tomorrow, once his application gets in the system they can ask to have it expedited and IYH get it back 1-2 days later. But there is no guaranty it gets into the system at the post office for 5-7 days, which may make this too late.

So the question is - go the post office application route and then try to get a boost from the Senator, or just send him with the existing passport and try to get it renewed there, but also running the risk that CvS he gets turned back because of the six month rule.

Offline avromie7

• View Profile
« Reply #306 on: August 20, 2020, 06:18:16 PM »
Looking for an eitza - my son is set to IYH fly out for Yeshiva next Motzei Shabbos (8/29). His passport expires in November.

We thought about applying at the post office in May but were scared off by the 1.8 million passport backlog and were hoping that expedited would be back on line by the summer.

Can't get an emergency appointment because B'H no one is seriously ill or worse.

Spoke to a really nice person in a Senators office who said that if he applies tomorrow, once his application gets in the system they can ask to have it expedited and IYH get it back 1-2 days later. But there is no guaranty it gets into the system at the post office for 5-7 days, which may make this too late.

So the question is - go the post office application route and then try to get a boost from the Senator, or just send him with the existing passport and try to get it renewed there, but also running the risk that CvS he gets turned back because of the six month rule.
Is there any way to ask Israel if they're going to turn him back?

Offline PlatinumGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: August 21, 2020, 11:25:18 AM »

You can apply for a new passport without surrendering the existing passport (just have to pay the new passport application fee vs renewal fee) and do both routes simultaneously. Either way, the odds of a new passport being ready in time and of being denied on the way to Israel are low.
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Online NTorch

• View Profile
« Reply #308 on: August 21, 2020, 01:56:08 PM »

So here is the update based on my son's school's advice. I did not try to get the new passport done in time and instead moved his return from June 2021 to late October 2020 under the airline's free change policy. Under his current itinerary he will complete travel within the window of his valid passport.

But I do appreciate everyone's advice and hope this helps others going through the same situation.

Offline Ays

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: August 21, 2020, 04:03:05 PM »
I applied 2 weeks ago for passports for my whole family got them all today. That's after they told me it would be delayed by months

Online NTorch

• View Profile
« Reply #310 on: August 21, 2020, 04:15:02 PM »
I applied 2 weeks ago for passports for my whole family got them all today. That's after they told me it would be delayed by months

Boruch Hashem!

Offline Pad18

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: August 21, 2020, 05:01:31 PM »
Could you check and report what you see when checking on https://passportstatus.state.gov/

I am still waiting on my renewal that was send out more than 2 month ago ..

Update got my passport last Friday bh
But still not the old one (not that I care..)

Offline myb821

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: August 23, 2020, 06:56:59 AM »
I applied back in June and am still waiting......

Offline Hjay

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: August 23, 2020, 07:24:31 AM »
Applied for a passport for my child Aug 3rd, received it yesterday

Offline points 99

• View Profile
« Reply #314 on: August 27, 2020, 09:20:08 AM »
Applied for a passport for my child Aug 3rd, received it yesterday
Where did you apply?

Offline points 99

• View Profile
« Reply #315 on: September 10, 2020, 11:21:16 PM »
I applied and waited over month and a half, and website still did not show the application to be processing. A friend gave me a contact in my local senator's office. I emailed the guy, he responded that day. Less than a week later, I have the passport!

Offline eli1571

• View Profile
« Reply #316 on: October 21, 2020, 02:29:56 PM »
I applied and waited over month and a half, and website still did not show the application to be processing. A friend gave me a contact in my local senator's office. I emailed the guy, he responded that day. Less than a week later, I have the passport!
which area ?got the same issue, can use help

Offline eli1571

• View Profile
« Reply #317 on: October 21, 2020, 02:30:25 PM »
relative applied for passport back in august, no word on status till now, upgraded to expedite last week still nothing doing, been trying all week to get appointment for same day in manahattan but nothing available, needs to travel very important, what can be done to get the passport ??
p.s. tried contacting senators schumer, gilibrand, state sentor eichenstein, and as usual they dont even bother calling back to the messages.

ANY HELP WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED

(cross posting, because of urgency)

Offline flyingace

• View Profile
« Reply #318 on: October 21, 2020, 07:31:22 PM »
relative applied for passport back in august, no word on status till now, upgraded to expedite last week still nothing doing, been trying all week to get appointment for same day in manahattan but nothing available, needs to travel very important, what can be done to get the passport ??
p.s. tried contacting senators schumer, gilibrand, state sentor eichenstein, and as usual they dont even bother calling back to the messages.

ANY HELP WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED

(cross posting, because of urgency)
How did they upgrade to expedite?

Offline eli1571

• View Profile
« Reply #319 on: October 21, 2020, 07:41:12 PM »
How did they upgrade to expedite?
called in.