Topic Wiki

Need a U.S. Passport Immediately?

You should make an appointment to be seen at a Regional Passport Agency only if:

The U.S. passport is needed in less than 2 weeks for international travel
The U.S. passport is needed within 4 weeks to obtain a foreign visa
Contact the National Passport Information Center to make an appointment or locate a Passport Agency.

go to :

http://travel.state.gov/passport/npic/npic_898.html

https://passportappointment.travel.state.gov/

I also made an appointment online. It's a long overdue option. I discovered that new appointments post at midnight, for the newly added day. I waited until midnight, and was able to pick any time I wanted in NY. Game changer.

and make a appointment you will get it the same day or the next day , (depends when you are flying) .

If you need an expedited appointment call l 1-877-487-2778 at 8 AM SHARP EST. Press 1 1 2 2 to speak to a live rep to schedule you an expedited appointment.
Trick is to press the last 2 at 8AM, rather than starting the call at 8AM. I had 2 people try it this morning- one pressed "2" at 8AM and had no hold times and got an appointment for today. The second called at 8AM, had a 30 min wait, and was told that the closest they have available is in VT.

« Last edited by baron on December 19, 2023, 09:55:48 PM »

Author Topic: Passport expedite  (Read 131927 times)

Offline Esther

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Passport expedite
« Reply #220 on: July 14, 2019, 10:30:22 AM »
I'd like to get a same day passport. The Hudson Street location in Manhattan is showing no available appointments for tomorrow. Does anyone know if they allow walk ins?

Offline YitzR

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: August 04, 2019, 01:03:32 AM »
Anyone have experience with expediting a passport in monsey(flying in 11 days to canada and realized my 7 month baby doesn't have a passport)

Offline ilherman

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: June 04, 2020, 10:05:46 PM »
Is the passport office on Hudson St open for emergency passports?
You can say what you think when you think what you say.

Offline bmw

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: June 05, 2020, 12:42:46 AM »
does anyone know if its currently possible to apply [in nyc or nearby[ for a new passport for an infant ? [expedited if possible]

Offline Sowhat

• View Profile
« Reply #224 on: June 15, 2020, 10:31:18 AM »
My daughter is hopefully going to Israel in September.  Her passport, however, expires in November.  About a month ago, the passport office strongly urged me not to file for a new one (she is 17) as it will get lost in the system.  The agent suggested I wait and see what happens.  While there is still time, and I am sure there are others in my boat, does the collective have any suggestions?  I see that the NYC office is opening for phase 1 but seems to be accepting only life and death applications.  Hoping to avoid a 5 am visit the day of her flight.

Thanks.

Offline elihak7

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #225 on: June 15, 2020, 11:09:50 AM »
does anyone know if its currently possible to apply [in nyc or nearby[ for a new passport for an infant ? [expedited if possible]
No expediting, and long wait they say up to 5 month!  I'm waiting rather till they start expediting again.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: June 15, 2020, 01:58:10 PM »
My daughter is hopefully going to Israel in September.  Her passport, however, expires in November.  About a month ago, the passport office strongly urged me not to file for a new one (she is 17) as it will get lost in the system.  The agent suggested I wait and see what happens.  While there is still time, and I am sure there are others in my boat, does the collective have any suggestions?  I see that the NYC office is opening for phase 1 but seems to be accepting only life and death applications.  Hoping to avoid a 5 am visit the day of her flight.

Thanks.
Precarious situation. It may be worth going to passport office and trying your luck. The biggest issue is that even if Israel does allow students in by September (they don't now), she will likely need a student visa in order to obtain the entry permit to Israel. Israel is not issuing visas now, but when they do, she will need to provide a passport. The biggest concern is that it's very possible that the only way to obtain the visa and/or entry permit will be via a batch application by the school, and if she doesn't have a passport at that time, she may be SOL.

I would try to use the expiring passport and renew it in Israel when she gets there. Elal is known not be strict about the 6 month passport validity requirement.
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline Mikes@Micro

• View Profile
« Reply #227 on: June 15, 2020, 02:07:30 PM »
Precarious situation. It may be worth going to passport office and trying your luck. The biggest issue is that even if Israel does allow students in by September (they don't now), she will likely need a student visa in order to obtain the entry permit to Israel. Israel is not issuing visas now, but when they do, she will need to provide a passport. The biggest concern is that it's very possible that the only way to obtain the visa and/or entry permit will be via a batch application by the school, and if she doesn't have a passport at that time, she may be SOL.

I would try to use the expiring passport and renew it in Israel when she gets there. Elal is known not be strict about the 6 month passport validity requirement.
+1 are there any lawyers or services that can expedite it?
Quote or engagement  equals full throated endorsement and vote!
H/t PinchosL

Offline myb821

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: June 15, 2020, 03:47:12 PM »
I have a trip booked at the end of October and am not sure wht to do as my passport is expired as well. Debating sending it in now and hoping it shows up at some point or wait for expedited service to resume.

Offline yochai

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: June 15, 2020, 05:14:44 PM »
My wife applied for a passport in January. We got her new passport in March, but her old passport only came today. I guess that means someone there is coming to work...
Not sure what the benefit would be applying later. When they eventually get back to work, won’t older applications be processed before new ones?

Offline hr555

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: June 16, 2020, 11:40:52 AM »
FWIW, I heard from a passport agency employee that they were called in to work this week.

Offline elihak7

• View Profile
« Reply #231 on: June 16, 2020, 04:02:59 PM »
My wife applied for a passport in January. We got her new passport in March, but her old passport only came today. I guess that means someone there is coming to work...
Not sure what the benefit would be applying later. When they eventually get back to work, won’t older applications be processed before new ones?
yes on reg. processed passports, but expedited they don't except now, and if you start a reg process you might not be able to rush it when they start expediting

Offline elihak7

• View Profile
« Reply #232 on: June 16, 2020, 04:03:52 PM »
FWIW, I heard from a passport agency employee that they were called in to work this week.
Only phase 1, that does not include expediting.

Offline Sowhat

• View Profile
« Reply #233 on: June 17, 2020, 12:33:23 PM »
+1 are there any lawyers or services that can expedite it?

I think the problem is that they are closed.  There is nothing to expedite.

I would think that an across the board six month extension from the DOS would solve a lot of problems.

Offline Sowhat

• View Profile
« Reply #234 on: June 17, 2020, 12:33:48 PM »
yes on reg. processed passports, but expedited they don't except now, and if you start a reg process you might not be able to rush it when they start expediting

My understanding too.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #235 on: June 22, 2020, 06:25:18 AM »
I would think that an across the board six month extension from the DOS would solve a lot of problems.
I thought this would be a nightmare with international laws, but it turns out Belarus actually did it.

From USA current entry rules:

Passports issued to nationals of Belarus which have expired between 30 April 2020 and 31 July 2020, are considered valid with an extension of 3 months.
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline KidOOO

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: June 22, 2020, 10:05:52 PM »
I have a trip booked at the end of October and am not sure wht to do as my passport is expired as well. Debating sending it in now and hoping it shows up at some point or wait for expedited service to resume.

I'm in the same boat, need a passport for a newborn for Sukkot, debating if to apply now or wait for expedited

Offline yitzyul

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: June 23, 2020, 11:05:31 AM »
FYI: I sent in renewal application (reg via mail) in Feb. The application has been pending because of Covid. Approx 1 week ago got email that they are processing it and got email yesterday that it was done and will be mailed.  I think that means they are back in work and prob have major backlog but they will start churning them

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #238 on: June 24, 2020, 01:03:26 PM »
Anybody have success with 3rd party expeditors? Money not an issue.

Offline points 99

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: June 24, 2020, 01:10:37 PM »
Anybody have success with 3rd party expeditors? Money not an issue.
I tried using rushmypassport.com for a renewal, but my renewal was changing from a child's passport (valid for 5 years) into an adult passport (10 years), so they said that they can't do it now - that is considered applying for a new passport, and they are only able to do renewals now.
You can try calling them 877-503-9838