Author Topic: Manufacturing in China  (Read 3249 times)

Offline trying123

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Manufacturing in China
« on: July 31, 2012, 10:18:17 AM »
Any body here with experience manufacturing in China,
How do I (if there is any way ) to secure my investment in case they don't deliver , meaning I already dealt with the company they sent me prototypes and they have been in email contact all along, is there any way now tht they want a deposit for manufacturing tht if they don't deliver I should  b able to dispute my charge if I pay through PayPal or any other way

Offline Yossi.

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Re: Manufacturing in China
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2012, 11:36:48 AM »
Any body here with experience manufacturing in China,
How do I (if there is any way ) to secure my investment in case they don't deliver , meaning I already dealt with the company they sent me prototypes and they have been in email contact all along, is there any way now tht they want a deposit for manufacturing tht if they don't deliver I should  b able to dispute my charge if I pay through PayPal or any other way
escrow account?

Offline trying123

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2012, 11:38:55 AM »
Did u try it ever

Offline Yossi.

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2012, 11:47:36 AM »
Did u try it ever
do you know what an escrow is? Look here. Very basic for safekeeping of both buyer and seller interests.

Offline businessmachine

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2012, 11:57:23 AM »
I have a close friend who makes very significant purchases from China every month and he puts the entire thing on his Amex Platinum. One of the shipments was even seized by customs and Amex refunded him every penny.

Plus, he earned millions of MR points.

Offline trying123

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2012, 12:19:15 PM »
My question was if u had success using escrow in China how do u release the China Guy should b maskim

Offline Yossi.

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2012, 12:34:17 PM »
My question was if u had success using escrow in China how do u release the China Guy should b maskim
I never specifically used one in China, but did it in Europe. Just look up a trustee or escrow agent in your area. Your other option would be to agree with the supplier for payment only upon receipt of the bill of lading (as soon as the goods are on the ship). But the most important would be to inspect the goods by you or an independent 3rd party prior to shipment.

Offline SPLP

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2012, 10:42:45 PM »
I never specifically used one in China, but did it in Europe. Just look up a trustee or escrow agent in your area. Your other option would be to agree with the supplier for payment only upon receipt of the bill of lading (as soon as the goods are on the ship). But the most important would be to inspect the goods by you or an independent 3rd party prior to shipment.

Good advice -- but-- even payment on b/l is not 100%, as i know of cartons full of rags instead of product -- no way to be 100%-- need a good agent that u can trust -- but for lets say 5% on small dollar amount -just not workable-- and the agent has no relationship with u-- while he is in the same industry and city  as the mfg and see each other all the time-- maybe break up shpmnt to a few dlvry,till u become comfortable   --

Offline Yeki89

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2012, 10:49:49 PM »
I manufacture an exclusive prooduct in China, and ship it worldwide. I invested a small sum ~$2000 to get a sample. I took a risk and paid via western union. The company/product proved success.

I took the risk.

Today I don't hesitate to send money as I already have a business relationship with the company.

Every investment has risk.

I wish u luck and much success.

Offline tkcentral

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
Manufacturing in China
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2020, 09:44:16 AM »
I manufacture in China and I pay my supplier with credit card with PayPal and I’m paying a lot of money on PayPal fees
 even when sending to family friends option I’m still Pat a lot on fees

I was thinking if I uploaded on a debit gift card with a credit card and and add it to my paypal account if anyone knows if I will get away with the fees

Dan wrote something about paying taxes with some gift debit card avoiding the fee

if you have any ideas for me would be greatly appreciated thanks

Offline tmendy226

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Delta Diamond, Hertz PC, Flying Blue petroleum, SPG Gold, National Executive, Hilton Gold
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2020, 02:01:21 PM »
Did you ever try Transferwise? they have (one of) the best rate for payments in other currencies and credit card fees is just a couple bucks

Online Yehudaa

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 111
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2020, 02:06:58 PM »
Did you ever try Transferwise? they have (one of) the best rate for payments in other currencies and credit card fees is just a couple bucks
Many (most?) credit cards code Transerwise as a cash advance, so you'd pay a few % cash advance fee plus interest until you pay, so probably not worth paying with a cc.

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2021, 03:39:28 AM »
I have a Chinese Supplier who's selling me around $500 Worth of samples.

Now I tried reading up a bit on what the best method would be to make the payment to him, there seems to be many ways. Curious if anyone here has info first hand from prior experience.

I'd be willing to pay via PayPal ( not sure if it would be cheaper to use my CC on paypal so the seller doesn't have to pay conversion fees, or is it easier for him to take the USD and transfer to chinese dollars in china?)

Or would a Wire transfer from my bank work?
 Or
WeChat?

Which would be my best bet for protection, or put aside for buyer protection, which would give me the best rates.

(Escrow and other ways seemed an to be an idea for large purchases.)

Interesting read..
https://www.reddit.com/r/Entrepreneur/comments/8u1p29/what_is_the_best_way_to_pay_a_chinese_supplier/?utm_source=amp&utm_medium=&utm_content=post_body
« Last Edit: February 03, 2021, 04:02:58 AM by myi »
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501