Author Topic: Infant Travel  (Read 97876 times)

Offline SSLPhD

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Infant Travel
« Reply #780 on: February 01, 2021, 10:57:46 PM »
YES
AK,AZ,CA,CO,CT,(DE),FL,HI,(IL),ME,MD,(MA),MI,MN,MT,NV,NH,NJ,NY,OR,PA,(RI),TX,UT,VT,VA,WA,WI,WY

Offline yitzgar

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: February 01, 2021, 10:57:54 PM »
Is it crazy to travel 16 hours by car ( 8 hr there and 8 hr back, 1 day being there in span of 3 days) with a infant under 6 months?
I've done it many times. Depends on the baby. My experience has generally been that they sleep most of the drive, so plan accordingly (if you get in at night, the baby might be up for a while etc)
Also, is baby nursing or bottle feeding?
« Last Edit: February 01, 2021, 11:05:37 PM by yitzgar »

Offline Yehudaa

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 82
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: February 01, 2021, 11:05:58 PM »
Is it crazy to travel 16 hours by car ( 8 hr there and 8 hr back, 1 day being there in span of 3 days) with a infant under 6 months?
I'd do it. Done many long drives with my kids. Personally I've found that with my kids they were pretty easy to travel with until around 1 yr old, as the motion put them to sleep and they'd sleep for practically the whole drive. I've found that it gets more difficult as they get a bit older than a year or so and end up awake more.

We just did an 7-8 hr (nighttime) drive a few weeks ago with my 4 month old and only stopped once in the middle for feeding/diaper. Obviously you have to be prepared for stops to take longer than they'd otherwise take, but I think she literally only cried a few times during the drive.

That's my experience but I assume not all kids are that way. As with everything related to kids, YKMV.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2021, 11:12:48 PM by Yehudaa »

Offline yitzgar

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: February 01, 2021, 11:29:50 PM »

I've found that it gets more difficult as they get a bit older than a year or so and end up awake more.

Same here. My experience has been that from about 1 until they are old enough to entertain themselves (anywhere from 3-5) is the hardest.
As always, if you are well prepared, you can make it work out fine most of the time.

Offline bmw

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: March 11, 2021, 11:09:08 PM »
if i book a round trip cash ticket on united, will i be able to add a infant for the return leg only ?