Topic Wiki

LMS - Last Man Standing.. Not FMS (First Man Standing) - This game is for night time only, not morning, afternoon, or evening.. NIGHT TIME ONLY!!

At night while most of the world is sleeping there are some members which are looking to socialize since they have no one else to speak to; they play a really exciting and fun game which basically every couple minutes you write a comment, the comments range from standing to sleeping, from young grasshoppers to old grasshoppers. it usually begins around 1:00 am EDT

RULES OF THE GAME:

1) Game starts at 1am Eastern, 12am Central, 11pm mountain, 10pm pacific... You get the point.
2) Anyone can call a roll call, just make a reply with "Roll Call". The roll call must be readable to the naked eye.
3) No more than one roll call every thirty minutes.
4) You have 30 minutes to respond to the roll call to stay active.
5) To respond to a roll call just post a reply with "Here" or "y y y"
6) If after one hour there are no more "Roll Calls" or "Heres", then the last person to post correctly either by calling a roll call or with a reply of "here" is declared winner of LMS.
7)You must have been awake for at least 12 hours before making or answering a RC.

OR IN SHORT:

When someone calls for a roll call. No more than one every 30 minutes and you have 30 minutes to respond "Here".

Poll

If Men Could Become Pregnant, Would You?

Yes, I love delivering babies!
Noooooo! I'm afraid....
Not sure. I'll ask my LOR

Author Topic: Random Posts  (Read 2249965 times)

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
Re: Random Posts
« Reply #12720 on: December 30, 2019, 04:23:01 PM »
Just say the word or any word.  :)
I already said my word
The debate though, is beyond boring

Offline CountValentine

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
« Reply #12721 on: December 30, 2019, 04:24:41 PM »
I already said my word
You don't think the new thread sheds light on the debate? It is a blueprint to want can be done.
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Offline ExGingi

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive PlatinumŽ
« Reply #12722 on: December 30, 2019, 04:35:36 PM »
You don't think the new thread sheds light on the debate? It is a blueprint to want can be done.

Is DDF the think tank to replace all and create blueprints for policy?
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #12723 on: December 30, 2019, 04:38:30 PM »
Is DDF the think tank to replace all and create blueprints for policy?
I have been saying it but landing on deaf ears. It is only one instance but the result is undeniable.

Offline Yehuda57

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #12724 on: December 30, 2019, 10:32:59 PM »

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #12725 on: January 04, 2020, 08:06:57 PM »
I don't want to ask this in the other thread for obvious reasons. Watching the news this weekend some kept bringing up that the Jews control the school board. That nutcase GA also said this in some of his hate speeches. Is this something made up or true?

Offline EliJelly

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12726 on: January 04, 2020, 09:03:31 PM »
I don't want to ask this in the other thread for obvious reasons. Watching the news this weekend some kept bringing up that the Jews control the school board. That nutcase GA also said this in some of his hate speeches. Is this something made up or true?
Not true, we control the world.

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #12727 on: January 04, 2020, 09:05:37 PM »
Not true, we control the world.
You sure not just Hollywood and the media.  :P
It was a serious question. Is it just a misinformation campaign?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #12728 on: January 04, 2020, 09:10:08 PM »
Which school board?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #12729 on: January 04, 2020, 09:13:44 PM »
Which school board?
They were talking about New York.

Offline chinagel

• View Profile
« Reply #12730 on: January 04, 2020, 09:17:16 PM »
They were talking about New York.
Brooklyn or Monsey?

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #12731 on: January 04, 2020, 09:18:21 PM »
Brooklyn or Monsey?
I believe Brooklyn but any of them.

Offline chinagel

• View Profile
« Reply #12732 on: January 04, 2020, 09:19:40 PM »
I believe Brooklyn but any of them.
Definitely not true, Monsey IDK.

Offline zh cohen

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #12733 on: January 05, 2020, 09:29:21 AM »

Voters control the school board. If most of the voters are Jewish then it's technically true that Jews control the school board.

Offline skyguy918

• View Profile
« Reply #12734 on: January 08, 2020, 11:24:36 AM »
Just to explain a little on this issue, school districts are generally controlled by school boards. Critically, funding for the districts generally comes from property taxes, and in fact the bulk of property taxes goes toward the school district. School board members are generally elected via district wide voting. Thus, as zh cohen pointed out, school boards should reflect the general population of the district.

There are places where districts with significant (perhaps even majority) Jewish populations have boards with a majority of Orthodox Jews. As mentioned earlier, this is not true in a place like NYC, where the 'board' is a city-wide body (and the board members are appointed, not elected) and the link between property taxes and education funding is not the same.

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #12735 on: January 08, 2020, 11:55:48 AM »
Just to explain a little on this issue, school districts are generally controlled by school boards. Critically, funding for the districts generally comes from property taxes, and in fact the bulk of property taxes goes toward the school district. School board members are generally elected via district wide voting. Thus, as zh cohen pointed out, school boards should reflect the general population of the district.

There are places where districts with significant (perhaps even majority) Jewish populations have boards with a majority of Orthodox Jews. As mentioned earlier, this is not true in a place like NYC, where the 'board' is a city-wide body (and the board members are appointed, not elected) and the link between property taxes and education funding is not the same.
Now let me give you the perspective from where I live. If a school board is taken over by members that don't have kids in public schools you are going to have a war on your hands. I don't care if the members that take it over are Catholics, Jews, black, green or blue. Hate would be the least of their worries.

Offline Yehuda57

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #12736 on: January 08, 2020, 12:14:53 PM »
Now let me give you the perspective from where I live. If a school board is taken over by members that don't have kids in public schools you are going to have a war on your hands. I don't care if the members that take it over are Catholics, Jews, black, green or blue. Hate would be the least of their worries.

Now let's say the vast majority of people where you live don't send their kids to public school. Yet, their taxes are going to pay for your schooling! So, you come to an understanding that you offer them funding for different programs, like special needs children and the like. This is all above board and legal, no cash under the table or anything untoward, and you get to keep running the school board even though you are the minority. When it comes time for elections, we just don't even run for any spots.

Then, one day, the school board decides, "Hey, we're giving money for all these programs. Let's not and only pump money into the public school system." The people providing most of that money say, "Hey, please don't do that. We are paying our taxes, we're getting along great, and we're getting a minimal amount of funding for our needs."

The school board says nah.

Then the community says, "Do you realize there are far more of us living here? We can vote you out in a second and you'll ruin the good thing we have going, a system based on mutual respect."

The school board says "We don't care." Plus, at each of these meetings, residents come and go on anti-Semitic tirades. social media pages are set up and there are hundreds upon hundreds of anti-Semitic comments with elected officials joining in.

The community votes and the majority of the residents are now represented on the school board.

Now the public school parents are pissed. They come back and scream and shout and offer more anti-Semitism. Never once do they say, "Hey, remember when things were great and we got along and you didn't run for school board positions? Let's go back to that and we'll provide *a tiny fraction* of our budget which mostly is funded by you to help special needs kids."

What say you? How should this be resolved?

Offline ExGingi

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive PlatinumŽ
« Reply #12737 on: January 08, 2020, 12:18:48 PM »
Now let's say the vast majority of people where you live don't send their kids to public school. Yet, their taxes are going to pay for your schooling! So, you come to an understanding that you offer them funding for different programs, like special needs children and the like. This is all above board and legal, no cash under the table or anything untoward, and you get to keep running the school board even though you are the minority. When it comes time for elections, we just don't even run for any spots.

Then, one day, the school board decides, "Hey, we're giving money for all these programs. Let's not and only pump money into the public school system." The people providing most of that money say, "Hey, please don't do that. We are paying our taxes, we're getting along great, and we're getting a minimal amount of funding for our needs."

The school board says nah.

Then the community says, "Do you realize there are far more of us living here? We can vote you out in a second and you'll ruin the good thing we have going, a system based on mutual respect."

The school board says "We don't care." Plus, at each of these meetings, residents come and go on anti-Semitic tirades. social media pages are set up and there are hundreds upon hundreds of anti-Semitic comments with elected officials joining in.

The community votes and the majority of the residents are now represented on the school board.

Now the public school parents are pissed. They come back and scream and shout and offer more anti-Semitism. Never once do they say, "Hey, remember when things were great and we got along and you didn't run for school board positions? Let's go back to that and we'll provide *a tiny fraction* of our budget which mostly is funded by you to help special needs kids."

All I can say about this is: check out @Yehuda57's signature line. It's posts like these that earn him that job!
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline skyguy918

• View Profile
« Reply #12738 on: January 08, 2020, 12:22:09 PM »
Also, keep in mind that in most of the places where this has happened, the board doesn't suddenly cut all funding and shut down the district. They attempt to keep the budget in line with the dwindling PS population.

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #12739 on: January 08, 2020, 12:22:56 PM »
I say I agree with you and welcome to the real world. They see it one way and that is there way. School boards by me are made up of parents that have kids in public schools no matter the make up of the community. There are never ending fights over control between different groups with kids in public schools.

Their view is you want to send your kids to private schools then pay for it yourself. I did.  :)