Topic Wiki

LMS - Last Man Standing.. Not FMS (First Man Standing) - This game is for night time only, not morning, afternoon, or evening.. NIGHT TIME ONLY!!

At night while most of the world is sleeping there are some members which are looking to socialize since they have no one else to speak to; they play a really exciting and fun game which basically every couple minutes you write a comment, the comments range from standing to sleeping, from young grasshoppers to old grasshoppers. it usually begins around 1:00 am EDT

RULES OF THE GAME:

1) Game starts at 1am Eastern, 12am Central, 11pm mountain, 10pm pacific... You get the point.
2) Anyone can call a roll call, just make a reply with "Roll Call". The roll call must be readable to the naked eye.
3) No more than one roll call every thirty minutes.
4) You have 30 minutes to respond to the roll call to stay active.
5) To respond to a roll call just post a reply with "Here" or "y y y"
6) If after one hour there are no more "Roll Calls" or "Heres", then the last person to post correctly either by calling a roll call or with a reply of "here" is declared winner of LMS.
7)You must have been awake for at least 12 hours before making or answering a RC.

OR IN SHORT:

When someone calls for a roll call. No more than one every 30 minutes and you have 30 minutes to respond "Here".

Poll

If Men Could Become Pregnant, Would You?

Yes, I love delivering babies!
Noooooo! I'm afraid....
Not sure. I'll ask my LOR

Author Topic: Random Posts  (Read 2252391 times)

Online EliJelly

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Random Posts
« Reply #15240 on: September 01, 2022, 03:33:32 PM »
TIL about the third Eleff brother here on DDF.

Online Yehuda57

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #15241 on: September 01, 2022, 03:34:56 PM »

Quite surprising. The odds you'll find another Eleff brother here are one in a thousand

Online EliJelly

• View Profile
« Reply #15242 on: September 01, 2022, 03:44:21 PM »
Quite surprising. The odds you'll find another Eleff brother here are one in a thousand

Obviously even the newborns are here. But I've read his posts and he was very active a time ago, it's just TIL he's another brother.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #15243 on: September 01, 2022, 03:56:34 PM »
But can you find the rest?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Online EliJelly

• View Profile
« Reply #15244 on: September 01, 2022, 03:57:35 PM »
But can you find the rest?

Nope..

Offline CountValentine

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
« Reply #15245 on: September 01, 2022, 10:59:34 PM »
"I" want to see if I can get 100k posts. It seems one member and one thread are trying their best to get me there.  :)
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Offline Euclid

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
Random Posts
« Reply #15246 on: September 01, 2022, 11:06:55 PM »
"I" want to see if I can get 100k posts. It seems one member and one thread are trying their best to get me there.  :)
Moving goalposts to reach your posts goal ;)

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #15247 on: September 01, 2022, 11:19:06 PM »
Moving goalposts to reach your posts goal ;)
It is like my Amex cards. Each card earns individual points, but they are all combined into one total.

Offline Her439

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #15248 on: September 05, 2022, 03:14:13 PM »
I'm looking for an appraiser for Jewelry, Fur..  can someone recommend a good one?
« Last Edit: September 05, 2022, 04:59:26 PM by Her439 »

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #15249 on: September 05, 2022, 07:57:32 PM »
Were the posts about Manalapan Chinese deleted? It appears that as I surmised the allegations were indeed true..
https://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=130552.0
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline imayid2

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #15250 on: September 07, 2022, 08:11:12 PM »
Agudath Israel of America shared the following statement with Matzav.com:

Agudath Israel of America urges members of the United States Senate to reject H.R. 8404, the “Respect for Marriage Act” (RFMA), legislation that is expected to be considered in the coming weeks.

The primary purpose of RFMA is to enshrine in statute the Supreme Court’s 5-4 ruling in Obergefell v. Hodges, which afforded constitutional protection and legal validity to same-sex marriage. It will also explicitly repeal the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA), which established that for federal purposes the word ‘marriage’ means only the legal union between one man and one woman and which allowed states to refuse to recognize the same-sex marriages performed in other states. Neither of these actions will provide same-sex marriage greater protection than it currently enjoys.

While the Supreme Court has ruled on the law, the concerns Agudath Israel voiced in the amicus brief it submitted in Obergefell and in oral testimony on DOMA remain fully in force. Having thrown into turmoil the historical and moral underpinnings regarding traditional marriage, our nation is, indeed, in the midst of a dangerous social revolution on many fronts. Religious liberty and freedom of expression remain uncertain, and faith-based communities and institutions that adhere to bedrock notions of marriage and gender are vilified and live under a cloud of disdain and retribution. And controversy continues to swirl around how same-sex marriage affects family stability and child development, leaving many troubling questions unanswered. In light of these ongoing risks, our nation should not take the unfortunate step of enshrining Obergefell and its regrettable consequences further into law.

We are mindful of other queries that have been raised in regard to RFMA. For example, while Obergefell dealt specifically with same-sex marriage, the proposed legislation requires federal recognition of any state-approved marriage, even those involving polyamorous relationships, which is beyond Obergefell’s reach and might not be countenanced by the public. Moreover, religious nonprofits that only recognize one man-one woman marriage might be denied tax-exempt status – a possibility strongly suggested by then-Solicitor General Donald Verrilli himself at the Obergefell oral argument. Finally, will faith-based social service providers with traditional views on marriage that are contractors, licensees or grantees of government be deemed “acting under state law” and thus be subject to legal suit not only by government but also by activist groups and individuals, who will enjoy a “private right of action?”

It is not our intention to impose our religious views on others. But American law is informed by many sources, including religious faith and tradition. Jewish law and values unequivocally reject homosexual conduct and same-sex marriage, both for Jews and for society at-large. Jewish law and values reject the notion that all people have a right to marry whomever they love, without restriction. This does not deny anyone’s humanity or dignity. This is based neither in bigotry nor invidious discrimination. This is what our Torah teaches and what Jews have faithfully adhered to for millennia. We are deeply saddened that Jewish organizational supporters of RFMA have chosen to falsify the values they claim to represent.

Just as important as Obergefell’s holding are the oft-quoted statements in the decision itself that belief in one man-one woman marriage stems from “decent and honorable” foundations that “long ha[ve] been held – and continue to be held – in good faith by reasonable and sincere people here and throughout the world.” And that “[t]he First Amendment ensures that religious organizations and persons are given proper protection as they seek to teach the principles that are so fulfilling and so central to their lives.” To aggressively and gratuitously cement the deeply sensitive and highly contentious Obergefell decision, and more, into statute flies in the face of the respect and consideration demanded by the Court’s words.

We urge you to reject RFMA.

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #15251 on: September 08, 2022, 11:19:24 PM »
If everything was done by PM I would never have a problem!  :)

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #15252 on: September 08, 2022, 11:21:55 PM »
If everything was done by PM I would never have a problem!  :)
?
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline Lurker

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #15253 on: September 08, 2022, 11:23:05 PM »
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #15254 on: September 08, 2022, 11:26:05 PM »
?
Whenever I get into these discussions (keys/trust) I usually get PM's. Most of the time we don't agree but there is no BS or arguments.

Offline imayid2

• View Profile

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15256 on: September 11, 2022, 10:59:58 AM »
Whole busload of collectors in shul this morning.
I give a bunch of them $5, then one of them hands me this after I said $5  :o ::)

Offline Moshe Green

• View Profile
« Reply #15257 on: September 11, 2022, 11:20:24 AM »
I give a bunch of them $5, then one of them hands me this after I said $5  :o ::)

reminds me of the time i was collecting for a certain cause and the guy told me to charge him $500. i asked him if he was joking to which he answered "i dont joke about money" in a very serious voice. mi k'amcha yisroel!

Offline Euclid

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #15258 on: September 11, 2022, 11:30:13 AM »

maybe someone was trying to key in the CLE zip code?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15259 on: September 11, 2022, 12:52:12 PM »
maybe someone was trying to key in the CLE zip code?
1. You don't need a zip code for those machines AFAIK.
2. Where is 41111?