Topic Wiki

LMS - Last Man Standing.. Not FMS (First Man Standing) - This game is for night time only, not morning, afternoon, or evening.. NIGHT TIME ONLY!!

At night while most of the world is sleeping there are some members which are looking to socialize since they have no one else to speak to; they play a really exciting and fun game which basically every couple minutes you write a comment, the comments range from standing to sleeping, from young grasshoppers to old grasshoppers. it usually begins around 1:00 am EDT

RULES OF THE GAME:

1) Game starts at 1am Eastern, 12am Central, 11pm mountain, 10pm pacific... You get the point.
2) Anyone can call a roll call, just make a reply with "Roll Call". The roll call must be readable to the naked eye.
3) No more than one roll call every thirty minutes.
4) You have 30 minutes to respond to the roll call to stay active.
5) To respond to a roll call just post a reply with "Here" or "y y y"
6) If after one hour there are no more "Roll Calls" or "Heres", then the last person to post correctly either by calling a roll call or with a reply of "here" is declared winner of LMS.
7)You must have been awake for at least 12 hours before making or answering a RC.

OR IN SHORT:

When someone calls for a roll call. No more than one every 30 minutes and you have 30 minutes to respond "Here".

Poll

If Men Could Become Pregnant, Would You?

Yes, I love delivering babies!
Noooooo! I'm afraid....
Not sure. I'll ask my LOR

Author Topic: Random Posts  (Read 2259275 times)

Offline ~King Lake~

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Random Posts
« Reply #15600 on: December 25, 2022, 10:27:50 PM »
I'm becoming more and more convinced that portuguesepai is really a yeshiva bochur who is making believe. Every once in a while it seems to me like he knows too much.
I do think he’s legit.

Though I do have some red flags, and some maybe answers to them

Why would he care about Jewish music? (Probably because he did 1 or 2 and saw he is getting a lot of engagement on his videos and gaining lots of followers so he decided to continue?)

It does look like sometimes he knows stuff even though it was never mentioned in any of his previous videos, how does he know that? (He’s probably [-forsure] watching additional videos/googling on Judaism, meaning of certain words/things)
I’m in shape, round is a shape…

Offline YitzyS

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #15601 on: December 25, 2022, 10:34:49 PM »
I do think he’s legit.

Though I do have some red flags, and some maybe answers to them

Why would he care about Jewish music? (Probably because he did 1 or 2 and saw he is getting a lot of engagement on his videos and gaining lots of followers so he decided to continue?)

It does look like sometimes he knows stuff even though it was never mentioned in any of his previous videos, how does he know that? (He’s probably [-forsure] watching additional videos/googling on Judaism, meaning of certain words/things)
He often totally mispronounces a word, and a few minutes later he says it much more accurately. Also, what's up with his having no clue how to read? He messes up basic letters.

I'm almost positive he prewatches the videos before and then makes believe he is seeing them for the first time.

Online ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #15602 on: December 25, 2022, 10:51:03 PM »
I'm becoming more and more convinced that portuguesepai is really a yeshiva bochur who is making believe. Every once in a while it seems to me like he knows too much.

I honestly don't understand why people are obsessed with him.  What value or entertainment do people get out of it?
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #15603 on: December 25, 2022, 11:03:57 PM »
I honestly don't understand why people are obsessed with him.  What value or entertainment do people get out of it?
+1 maybe one or 2 is cute but I am surprised the guy is still a thing.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline Euclid

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #15604 on: December 25, 2022, 11:27:05 PM »
Decades old frum fascination of frum people on tv

Offline Yo ssi

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #15605 on: December 26, 2022, 12:32:57 AM »
Comments were saying it won't work.
That never fazed me ;)
TR?
Pretty much you just pickup the candle each day. Every inch is about 25 minutes so the average day I used about 3 inches.

It's obviously not your average candle, you gotta hold this whole big thing, it's unique and gets attention. I can see it lasting for a total of 5-6 times. I just did it for the experience ;D

_    ,
' )  /
 /  / __   _   _   o
(__/_(_)  /_)_/_)_<_
 //
(/

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #15606 on: December 26, 2022, 11:28:12 AM »
Decades old frum fascination of frum people on tv
If a frum guy was on a TV show it would typically fizzle out after a couple of times.

Offline mevinyavin

• View Profile
    • Laptop help/deal request template
  • Programs: Windows 10 and 11 Home, Word/Excel/Publisher 2021, Wordweb, McGill English Dictionary of Rhyme, VLC, Torat Emet, 7-Zip, Lightshot, Calibre, FDM, FreeFileSync, Teracopy, Handbreak, Lightshot
« Reply #15607 on: December 26, 2022, 11:36:12 AM »
Got a response today to a comment I made on a review in September. I usually don't comment, but the reviewer was enthusiastically praising the $1500 laptop as the first of its kind that was so light yet had dedicated graphics. I pointed out that such options had been available for a year (with slight differences) but for $1000.
Without further ado, for your entertainment:

Quote from: ExGingi
Echo chambers are boring and don't contribute much to deeper thinking and understanding!

Online ExGingi

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #15608 on: December 26, 2022, 05:18:14 PM »
+1 maybe one or 2 is cute but I am surprised the guy is still a thing.

The music comment videos are quite boring, however there seems to be some other videos that can get people to see how outsiders with seemingly no bone to pick view things:

https://youtu.be/J19QwnJOu-c
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline Yehudaa

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 111
    • View Profile
« Reply #15609 on: December 26, 2022, 10:19:56 PM »
Unfortunately we’ve been struggling with similar shortages in Canada for a few months already. There’s virtually no childrens’ acetaminophen of ibuprofen available anywhere in the country. I haven’t seen any on store shelves in months, and I’ve heard that even hospitals are struggling.

Thankfully I have a quite a bit that I brought from the US (and am sharing with others) but it’s frightening to see stories of people who simply don’t have access to it when their kids are in pain or have fever. Kids are ending up in the ER just to get access to Tylenol. ER wait times are nuts.

It’s been discussed by the federal government in parliament but thus far whatever they’re doing hasn’t successfully put it on store shelves.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/shortage-medication-pain-relief-cold-flu-kids-tylenol-advil-1.6638530

https://www.canada.ca/en/health-canada/services/drugs-medical-devices/safe-use-medication-for-children/infant-childrens-acetaminophen-ibuprofen-shortage.html

https://www.wsj.com/articles/canada-confronts-shortage-of-childrens-pain-relievers-11668177013

Sounds like some of the US is begining to suffer from this same shortage. If you can still get any, I'd say buy now as you never know how long the shortage will last. Here in Canada it's probably been 6 months or so already, and we're just starting to get small quantities in pharmacies, where they hold it behind the counter to limit one per customer.

Caertainly can't hurt to buy some if you still can, especially if they have long expiries.

Offline mevinyavin

• View Profile
    • Laptop help/deal request template
  • Programs: Windows 10 and 11 Home, Word/Excel/Publisher 2021, Wordweb, McGill English Dictionary of Rhyme, VLC, Torat Emet, 7-Zip, Lightshot, Calibre, FDM, FreeFileSync, Teracopy, Handbreak, Lightshot
« Reply #15610 on: December 27, 2022, 03:48:07 AM »
Sounds like some of the US is begining to suffer from this same shortage. If you can still get any, I'd say buy now as you never know how long the shortage will last. Here in Canada it's probably been 6 months or so already, and we're just starting to get small quantities in pharmacies, where they hold it behind the counter to limit one per customer.

Caertainly can't hurt to buy some if you still can, especially if they have long expiries.
Amazon? I just checked and they have in stock shipping to NY.
Quote from: ExGingi
Echo chambers are boring and don't contribute much to deeper thinking and understanding!

Offline Yehudaa

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 111
    • View Profile
« Reply #15611 on: December 27, 2022, 06:44:00 AM »
It might not be there forever- Amazon is not immune to shortages. Personally I’d order a bit.

Offline elazarb

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #15612 on: December 27, 2022, 03:34:53 PM »
link?
i don't see any. in nj

Offline yungermanchik

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: Previous Signatures: If you chapped hana'ah from a post, like it; You think you know the answers and things are the way they seem.. it just ain't so -The Rebbe from Lublin-
Small people talk about other people.
Average people talk about things
BIG PEOPLE TALK ABOUT IDEAS.

Offline ah giten

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #15614 on: December 27, 2022, 08:56:31 PM »
PSA. some of these generic brands use flavor that are TREIF.

AYLOR before buying online.

(IIRC most generic brands are an issue, including walmart and amazon)

Offline yungermanchik

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: Previous Signatures: If you chapped hana'ah from a post, like it; You think you know the answers and things are the way they seem.. it just ain't so -The Rebbe from Lublin-
« Reply #15615 on: December 27, 2022, 09:12:44 PM »

(IIRC most generic brands are an issue ACCORDING TO SOME POSKIM, including walmart and amazon)
https://www.crcweb.org/kosher_articles/liquid_medicines.php
Small people talk about other people.
Average people talk about things
BIG PEOPLE TALK ABOUT IDEAS.

Offline EliJelly

• View Profile
« Reply #15616 on: December 27, 2022, 09:16:55 PM »

(IIRC most generic brands are an issue, including walmart and amazon)

It's not the flavor. It's the glycerin which many deem problematic. There is a new kosher brand named Kosher Meds. 

Offline EliJelly

• View Profile
« Reply #15617 on: December 27, 2022, 09:22:26 PM »
It's not the flavor. It's the glycerin which many deem problematic. There is a new kosher brand named Kosher Meds.

Offline ah giten

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #15618 on: December 27, 2022, 09:26:11 PM »
https://www.crcweb.org/kosher_articles/liquid_medicines.php
"Some contemporary Poskim who accept this reading of Shulchan  Aruch nonetheless argue that modern-day liquid medicines are too “tasty” to qualify for this halacha, such that even healthy people would drink them (if  they had not been told it was medicine).   Others, including Rav Schwartz, dispute this on factual grounds and  because they hold that the fact that it is unhealthy for anyone to consume too  much medicine renders it sufficiently as a non-food that it qualifies for this halacha."

so AYLOR

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #15619 on: December 27, 2022, 09:29:57 PM »
Let's just set the record straight here. Glycerin can be from both plant and animal fats. The glycerin is rarely known to be specifically animal source. It would be a sensitive ingredient and not known to be a problematic one. At one point when I researched it, the vast majority of generic glycerin in the US was plant based.
@moko  can probably give more up to date info.