Topic Wiki

LMS - Last Man Standing.. Not FMS (First Man Standing) - This game is for night time only, not morning, afternoon, or evening.. NIGHT TIME ONLY!!

At night while most of the world is sleeping there are some members which are looking to socialize since they have no one else to speak to; they play a really exciting and fun game which basically every couple minutes you write a comment, the comments range from standing to sleeping, from young grasshoppers to old grasshoppers. it usually begins around 1:00 am EDT

RULES OF THE GAME:

1) Game starts at 1am Eastern, 12am Central, 11pm mountain, 10pm pacific... You get the point.
2) Anyone can call a roll call, just make a reply with "Roll Call". The roll call must be readable to the naked eye.
3) No more than one roll call every thirty minutes.
4) You have 30 minutes to respond to the roll call to stay active.
5) To respond to a roll call just post a reply with "Here" or "y y y"
6) If after one hour there are no more "Roll Calls" or "Heres", then the last person to post correctly either by calling a roll call or with a reply of "here" is declared winner of LMS.
7)You must have been awake for at least 12 hours before making or answering a RC.

OR IN SHORT:

When someone calls for a roll call. No more than one every 30 minutes and you have 30 minutes to respond "Here".

Poll

If Men Could Become Pregnant, Would You?

Yes, I love delivering babies!
Noooooo! I'm afraid....
Not sure. I'll ask my LOR

Author Topic: Random Posts  (Read 2241224 times)

Offline EliJelly

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Random Posts
« Reply #15700 on: January 25, 2023, 11:28:01 PM »
You know of the memes about how everyone on the internet suddenly because experts on vaccines, and then on stolen elections, and then on Russia and Ukraine, etc?

I feel like we should add aviation to the list now...

"Well, I don't understand why the ILS didn't engage at the southeast approach to 16 while the knots-to-airpressure ratio could've been missed by ATC while the right ailerons could've been leaking hydraulic fluid causing the low-pressure gauge to activate, while the elevation could've misled the pilot to think his clearance gave him time to check the AFM, or maybe to use a visual approach despite the low visibility. Granted his minute-to-100-foot climb rate would've negated the possibly for a go-around, but the residual airspeed should've allowed him to revert to 34, though perhaps the ILS was not functional then, thus explaining why the controller didn't vie for that option as soon as the pan-pan was issued. Truly puzzling, but hopefully the CVR and the FDR are intact."

"Many experts believe that from the fact that the pilot referred to ILS rather than USD he likely also interpreted the traffic controller's allowance of altitude at 100 to be in metric numbers, reasoning that keeping altitude at around 300 elevation was a key factor in this terrible crash."

Offline yesitsme

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #15701 on: January 26, 2023, 12:34:45 AM »
are there any frum yidden in the atc? maybe it should be my next job, ill reference ddf on my resume

Offline lcm

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #15702 on: January 26, 2023, 01:20:41 AM »
are there any frum yidden in the atc? maybe it should be my next job, ill reference ddf on my resume
Actually know of one or two

Offline Something Fishy

• Global Moderator
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 44
    • View Profile
    • Kosher Horizons
« Reply #15703 on: January 26, 2023, 01:27:49 AM »

"So lemaysa, you should turn heading mizrachis-tzfoines and shteig and maintain be'erech 3000 amos"
Check out my site for epic kosher adventures: Kosher Horizons

Offline yesitsme

• View Profile
« Reply #15704 on: January 26, 2023, 01:27:55 AM »
Actually know of one or two
ask them to join ddf, we have a lot to discuss
["-"]

Offline yesitsme

• View Profile
« Reply #15705 on: January 26, 2023, 01:29:45 AM »
"So lemaysa, you should turn heading mizrachis-tzfoines and shteig and maintain be'erech 3000 amos"
i thought Avenue moshe and Nachman is a Hatzaloh thing
i was wondering what's with that hotel poping November, 1st i thought he is booking a reservation at the hotel for after landing, but by now im a pro bh
["-"]

Offline YitzyS

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #15706 on: January 26, 2023, 01:32:23 AM »
i thought Avenue Moshiach and Now is a Hatzaloh thing
FTFY

(once overheard this on a Hatzolah radio)

Offline mevinyavin

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
    • Laptop help/deal request template
  • Programs: Windows 10 and 11 Home, Word/Excel/Publisher 2021, Wordweb, McGill English Dictionary of Rhyme, VLC, Torat Emet, 7-Zip, Lightshot, Calibre, FDM, FreeFileSync, Teracopy, Handbreak, Lightshot
« Reply #15707 on: January 26, 2023, 04:38:26 AM »
Statements posted reflect the opinion of the author (and the poster, as a talmid of the author), but should not be taken to reflect an opinion on other posters here on DDF. Any similarity to posts elsewhere on the forum should be viewed as a coincidence, whether it is or not.

Quote from: R' Yitzchok Berkovits
Stay out of politics whenever possible, and have respect for great people regardless of what side they are on. We paid membership for Agudah and for Haddassa. Our shtibel was made up of many Satmar chassidim, but when we paid for seats, it included a donation to Keren Kayemet. Of course, in those days in America, our identity was “frum.” There weren’t enough of us to break up into sects.

My Zaydie was from Muncacz. After the war, the Rebbe became Mizrachi, so my Zaydie "compromised" and became Satmar. He later moved to Los Angeles for his second wife’s health. (He became a butcher because there was no food there – why not? He had semicha after all…) He used to come back from Slichos through Yom Kippur every year. One year, he told us that he had a private meeting and he did not want anyone to see who it was with. My family vacated the top of the house for him, but someone was still needed to bring in the visitor. I was the one. I recognized the visitor as Rav Henoch Cohen, the executive director of Chinuch Atzmai. To Satmar, Chinuch Atzmai was avi avos hatumaah…

Later, I told my grandfather that I had recognized his visitor. After the klep, he explained to me that he collects money in Los Angeles. He said, “Can I collect money for Satmar there? At least let them give to Chinuch Atzmai!” His relationship with Rav Henech began when the yeshiva in Los Angeles opened. Torah Vodaas sent a few students to strengthen the yeshiva, and Rav Henech was one of them. They were litvish – and misnagdim – and he was Satmar, but it was Torah! This attitude is waning today, but Americans still have it a little.
Quote from: ExGingi
Echo chambers are boring and don't contribute much to deeper thinking and understanding!

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline CountValentine

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Offline Yehudaa

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 111
    • View Profile

Offline Yehuda57

• View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #15711 on: January 26, 2023, 11:33:32 PM »
https://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g147247-i144-k12116548-What_is_hell_week-Aruba.html

Just discovered that this week. In reddit and other places they haven't removed mention of Jews or Hassidic.

Weirdly, it only seems to be Aruba, and specifically Marriott properties.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #15712 on: January 26, 2023, 11:34:42 PM »
Weirdly, it only seems to be Aruba, and specifically Marriott properties.
Any theories?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline CountValentine

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
« Reply #15713 on: January 27, 2023, 12:15:23 AM »
Any theories?
...you are willing to post?  :)
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Offline skyguy918

• View Profile
« Reply #15714 on: January 27, 2023, 10:04:43 AM »
Any theories?
https://www.tabletmag.com/sections/community/articles/the-pilgrimage-to-aruba

Marriott opened a second timeshare complex, the Surf Club, in 2005. It was then that Syrian families numbering in the hundreds started flocking to Aruba during mid-January, when community yeshivas gave off for winter break

ETA: I'm not ch"v validating the terminology, just providing context. I'm sure it's a combination of a small minority not behaving 100% in a way that brings a kiddush Hashem plus some anti-semitism sprinkled in.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2023, 10:08:45 AM by skyguy918 »

Offline Yehuda57

• View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #15715 on: January 27, 2023, 10:20:27 AM »
Any theories?

Probably originated on an Aruba specific forum. People complain about Jews in other places as well, just not (usually) with this term. I did see a couple of people saying "hey, it's not just Aruba, I was in <location> and they were there too!"

FWIW, reading between the lines on one forum, I could see they were struggling between warning travelers of the issue without having a thread for people to curse out Jews. They ended up locking the thread with a stickied warning about Aruba during the 3rd week of January, and then a few warnings about other cities that have disruptive crowds and conventions at different times, again without mentioning ethnicities.

Offline ckmk47

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #15716 on: January 27, 2023, 11:09:36 AM »
Probably originated on an Aruba specific forum. People complain about Jews in other places as well, just not (usually) with this term. I did see a couple of people saying "hey, it's not just Aruba, I was in <location> and they were there too!"

FWIW, reading between the lines on one forum, I could see they were struggling between warning travelers of the issue without having a thread for people to curse out Jews. They ended up locking the thread with a stickied warning about Aruba during the 3rd week of January, and then a few warnings about other cities that have disruptive crowds and conventions at different times, again without mentioning ethnicities.
Spring break is known for disruptive crowds of young people.  No racism.  Just informed traveling.
Without ethnicity, warning of unexpected crowds and families in otherwise quiet vacation areas isn't anti-Jewish.
My favorite cause: cssy.org

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile

Offline yesitsme

• View Profile

Offline Euclid

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #15719 on: January 31, 2023, 12:24:43 AM »