Topic Wiki

LMS - Last Man Standing.. Not FMS (First Man Standing) - This game is for night time only, not morning, afternoon, or evening.. NIGHT TIME ONLY!!

At night while most of the world is sleeping there are some members which are looking to socialize since they have no one else to speak to; they play a really exciting and fun game which basically every couple minutes you write a comment, the comments range from standing to sleeping, from young grasshoppers to old grasshoppers. it usually begins around 1:00 am EDT

RULES OF THE GAME:

1) Game starts at 1am Eastern, 12am Central, 11pm mountain, 10pm pacific... You get the point.
2) Anyone can call a roll call, just make a reply with "Roll Call". The roll call must be readable to the naked eye.
3) No more than one roll call every thirty minutes.
4) You have 30 minutes to respond to the roll call to stay active.
5) To respond to a roll call just post a reply with "Here" or "y y y"
6) If after one hour there are no more "Roll Calls" or "Heres", then the last person to post correctly either by calling a roll call or with a reply of "here" is declared winner of LMS.
7)You must have been awake for at least 12 hours before making or answering a RC.

OR IN SHORT:

When someone calls for a roll call. No more than one every 30 minutes and you have 30 minutes to respond "Here".

Poll

If Men Could Become Pregnant, Would You?

Yes, I love delivering babies!
Noooooo! I'm afraid....
Not sure. I'll ask my LOR

Author Topic: Random Posts  (Read 2231262 times)

Offline yesitsme

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
Re: Random Posts
« Reply #15720 on: January 31, 2023, 12:42:56 AM »
Update
Our Engineering team is continuing to work with upstream providers to fix the network connectivity issues we are experiencing in the SGP1 region. The problems appear to be a direct result of multiple subsea fiber faults in the APAC region causing congestion resulting in packet loss and increased latency connecting to the SGP1 region.

At this time users will continue experiencing intermittent timeout errors with Droplet-based services in the SGP1 region. We do not have a firm ETA for resolution time but we will provide updates as needed. Thank you for your patience and we apologize for any inconvenience.
Posted 23 hours ago. Jan 30, 2023 - 06:48 UTC
["-"]

Offline YitzyS

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #15721 on: January 31, 2023, 01:10:16 AM »
Update
Our Engineering team is continuing to work with upstream providers to fix the network connectivity issues we are experiencing in the SGP1 region. The problems appear to be a direct result of multiple subsea fiber faults in the APAC region causing congestion resulting in packet loss and increased latency connecting to the SGP1 region.

At this time users will continue experiencing intermittent timeout errors with Droplet-based services in the SGP1 region. We do not have a firm ETA for resolution time but we will provide updates as needed. Thank you for your patience and we apologize for any inconvenience.
Posted 23 hours ago. Jan 30, 2023 - 06:48 UTC
This is how a learning disabled kid sees a gemara

Online Yehuda57

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #15722 on: January 31, 2023, 01:21:24 AM »
https://dashboard.jewishcontentnetwork.com/browse/ad-types/content/whatsapp

I've dealt with a few of these companies/individuals (not whatsapp statuses, but deal sites, Instagram influencers, and news sites.

The only honest one (that I've dealt with) has been Dansdeals. Other sites you can pay to have a deal posted as "HOT", pay enough and they will not specify it is a sponsored post. The closest we saw was one influencer who said she got the product for free but didn't mention that the posts were sponsored. Mine you, we didn't even ask for it to be hidden.

Not only does that not fly with Dansdeals, they will add disclaimers if need be, such as advertising covid related products even though we had FDA registration for everything.

Online Euclid

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #15723 on: January 31, 2023, 02:41:26 AM »
I've dealt with a few of these companies/individuals (not whatsapp statuses, but deal sites, Instagram influencers, and news sites.

The only honest one (that I've dealt with) has been Dansdeals. Other sites you can pay to have a deal posted as "HOT", pay enough and they will not specify it is a sponsored post. The closest we saw was one influencer who said she got the product for free but didn't mention that the posts were sponsored. Mine you, we didn't even ask for it to be hidden.

Not only does that not fly with Dansdeals, they will add disclaimers if need be, such as advertising covid related products even though we had FDA registration for everything.
How much did they pay you for this

Offline Lurker

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #15724 on: January 31, 2023, 02:46:36 AM »

Check his like count. He's also an official DD employee, so there's the bias factor.
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Online Yehuda57

• View Profile
    • Squilled
« Reply #15725 on: January 31, 2023, 07:42:10 AM »
Check his like count. He's also an official DD employee, so there's the bias factor.

I am? Still haven't had a salad. Eating at Tabernacle came up the other day and I was about to say, "if we go, salads are free" but then thought to myself, "how am I going to explain that?" and kept my mouth shut.

Online Yehuda57

• View Profile
    • Squilled
« Reply #15726 on: January 31, 2023, 07:42:44 AM »

Not enough

Online Essen est zich

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 31
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Nichoach Vol 2
« Reply #15727 on: January 31, 2023, 09:52:46 AM »
I am? Still haven't had a salad. Eating at Tabernacle came up the other day and I was about to say, "if we go, salads are free" but then thought to myself, "how am I going to explain that?" and kept my mouth shut.
@Yehuda57 Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent

Program checks out.
Shloffen Shloft Zich

Online Yehuda57

• View Profile
    • Squilled

Online CountValentine

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
« Reply #15729 on: January 31, 2023, 12:09:59 PM »
This thread speaks to a point I've been meaning to articulate, especially to @CountValentine
Hard time following. Can you give me the bottom line?
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Online ExGingi

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #15730 on: January 31, 2023, 12:13:43 PM »

+1
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Online CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #15731 on: January 31, 2023, 12:17:13 PM »
+1
Maybe that is why I am not getting the point?  :)
@Yehuda57

Offline Yonah

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #15732 on: January 31, 2023, 02:48:35 PM »

Saw this in Israel a couple of weeks ago (JL Gordon, North Side of Dizengoff - heading east) - is Dan opening a retail location?

Offline ~King Lake~

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #15733 on: January 31, 2023, 02:59:58 PM »

Saw this in Israel a couple of weeks ago (JL Gordon, North Side of Dizengoff - heading east) - is Dan opening a retail location?
They probably tried writing DONE
I’m in shape, round is a shape…

Online Yehuda57

• View Profile
    • Squilled
« Reply #15734 on: January 31, 2023, 11:55:00 PM »
Maybe that is why I am not getting the point?  :)
@Yehuda57

Let's say Jewish people get upset about Kanye, there is often a call by some to get equally outraged about another injustice to another community. How can you condemn one form of bigotry and not the other? You have to be against all hate, otherwise it invalidates your claim!

What's worse, what Kanye says or what happened to Tyre Nichols? Obviously Nichols! So why does it seem like people are more mad about Kanye than Nichols?

Because when a Jewish person is mad about Kanye, it's not because of some moral cause that they're fighting, but because they just got slapped in the face, so to speak. They're fighting back and trying to ensure that doesn't happen again.

You can't force someone to care just as much as when someone else gets punched as when they get punched themselves.

Does that mean they don't care about the other person getting punched? Not at all. They very much do! Yet they aren't necessarily going to join a march for them even if they do genuinely care.

And for people to expect them to care about others getting punched as much as they care about getting punched in the face themselves otherwise their complaints aren't valid is highly unjust.

This applies to all groups. So when Jewish people get mad at some black celebrity for not speaking out about black antisemitism when they are outspoken about anti black racism, that's equally unfair and harmful.

I'm not saying you are guilty of it, but you are often the lone voice on here, and I just wanted to give a little perspective on why it seems some of the reactions to various events are lopsided.

Online CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #15735 on: February 01, 2023, 01:07:14 AM »
Let's say Jewish people get upset about Kanye, there is often a call by some to get equally outraged about another injustice to another community. How can you condemn one form of bigotry and not the other? You have to be against all hate, otherwise it invalidates your claim!

What's worse, what Kanye says or what happened to Tyre Nichols? Obviously Nichols! So why does it seem like people are more mad about Kanye than Nichols?

Because when a Jewish person is mad about Kanye, it's not because of some moral cause that they're fighting, but because they just got slapped in the face, so to speak. They're fighting back and trying to ensure that doesn't happen again.

You can't force someone to care just as much as when someone else gets punched as when they get punched themselves.

Does that mean they don't care about the other person getting punched? Not at all. They very much do! Yet they aren't necessarily going to join a march for them even if they do genuinely care.

And for people to expect them to care about others getting punched as much as they care about getting punched in the face themselves otherwise their complaints aren't valid is highly unjust.

This applies to all groups. So when Jewish people get mad at some black celebrity for not speaking out about black antisemitism when they are outspoken about anti black racism, that's equally unfair and harmful.

I'm not saying you are guilty of it, but you are often the lone voice on here, and I just wanted to give a little perspective on why it seems some of the reactions to various events are lopsided.
I appreciate the explanation and understand your point.

This issue is about a human being that was beaten to death by 5 thugs who have sworn to serve and protect. I don't care who you are, what color you are or what walk off life you come from. You should be outraged and express it wherever/wherever you can.

Online ckmk47

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #15736 on: February 01, 2023, 09:25:17 AM »

This issue is about a human being that was beaten to death by 5 thugs who have sworn to serve and protect. I don't care who you are, what color you are or what walk off life you come from. You should be outraged and express it wherever/wherever you can.
I take issue with continued outrage when all are outraged and addressing the immediate issue.  The perpetrators  have been arrested.
A new discussion, with less vitriol, needs to be had about root causes. ( Whiteness and racism aren't them.)
My favorite cause: cssy.org

Online CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #15737 on: February 01, 2023, 11:28:36 AM »
( Whiteness and racism aren't them.)
A simple fact some can't or don't want to understand!!!

Opinion: The police who killed Tyre Nichols were Black. But they might still have been driven by racism
https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/27/opinions/tyre-nichols-memphis-police-department-jones/index.html

Offline Yo ssi

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #15738 on: February 01, 2023, 11:35:49 AM »
A simple fact some can't or don't want to understand!!!

Opinion: The police who killed Tyre Nichols were Black. But they might still have been driven by racism
https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/27/opinions/tyre-nichols-memphis-police-department-jones/index.html
???
_    ,
' )  /
 /  / __   _   _   o
(__/_(_)  /_)_/_)_<_
 //
(/

Online Yehuda57

• View Profile
    • Squilled
« Reply #15739 on: February 01, 2023, 11:42:07 AM »

That's the point. Everyone *is* outraged. There was a terrorist attack in Israel a few days ago where 8 people were killed and there hasn't been a word said about that on this forum. Not because people don't care, we very much do! There are countless things I am passionate about I don't say a word about on this forum. What you're asking for is not compassion or morality, it's activism. Expecting a certain amount of expression of outrage or measuring up people's outrage against other instances of outrage is selfish. You're asking others to match up to whatever you wish to make an outcry about.

I didn't see you or anyone else who is (rightly) outraged now get this outraged when videos of South African police beating and killing an innocent civilian in a far more brutal and obviously racist way were all over the internet. Does that mean you or anyone else is morally bankrupt because you expressed more outrage for an American death than a South African death by people sworn to serve and protect? Of course not!