Topic Wiki

LMS - Last Man Standing.. Not FMS (First Man Standing) - This game is for night time only, not morning, afternoon, or evening.. NIGHT TIME ONLY!!

At night while most of the world is sleeping there are some members which are looking to socialize since they have no one else to speak to; they play a really exciting and fun game which basically every couple minutes you write a comment, the comments range from standing to sleeping, from young grasshoppers to old grasshoppers. it usually begins around 1:00 am EDT

RULES OF THE GAME:

1) Game starts at 1am Eastern, 12am Central, 11pm mountain, 10pm pacific... You get the point.
2) Anyone can call a roll call, just make a reply with "Roll Call". The roll call must be readable to the naked eye.
3) No more than one roll call every thirty minutes.
4) You have 30 minutes to respond to the roll call to stay active.
5) To respond to a roll call just post a reply with "Here" or "y y y"
6) If after one hour there are no more "Roll Calls" or "Heres", then the last person to post correctly either by calling a roll call or with a reply of "here" is declared winner of LMS.
7)You must have been awake for at least 12 hours before making or answering a RC.

OR IN SHORT:

When someone calls for a roll call. No more than one every 30 minutes and you have 30 minutes to respond "Here".

Poll

If Men Could Become Pregnant, Would You?

Yes, I love delivering babies!
Noooooo! I'm afraid....
Not sure. I'll ask my LOR

Author Topic: Random Posts  (Read 2256969 times)

Offline Definitions

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
Re: Random Posts
« Reply #15980 on: April 27, 2023, 07:59:47 PM »
Image attached
I have no idea what the commenter is saying either.
My Tapatalk notifications don't always work.

Offline Definitions

• View Profile
« Reply #15981 on: April 27, 2023, 08:00:49 PM »
I just ate bamba with a spoon from the bag. Now I understand the appeal of eating snacks with chopsticks :)

Offline YitzyS

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #15982 on: April 27, 2023, 08:02:29 PM »
I just ate bamba with a spoon from the bag. Now I understand the appeal of eating snacks with Random Posts :)
FTFY

Offline ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #15983 on: April 27, 2023, 09:48:10 PM »
FTFY

I guess that is the Definition of chopsticks.
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline YitzyS

• View Profile
« Reply #15984 on: April 28, 2023, 06:43:56 PM »
I hate Walmart with a tremendous passion right now.

Don't want to get into the whole story now, but they botched a delivery, package arrived late and damaged, and won't refund until it gets returned. Agent told me on the phone that I don't need a return label and that Fedex would bring their own, but that was apparently a lie. Fedex tried pickup three times this week, and finally Walmart told me that I need to put on a label they sent me. Fedex will try again tomorrow, but meanwhile, this (huge) package has been blocking my front door then entire week.

I've spent more than an hour on the phone with Walmart and at the end, after numerous messups on their part, they offer me a $5 giftcard for compensation. (I refused.)

Don't think I'm going to shop Walmart anymore (unless there is a huge sale or something).

Offline yitzgar

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #15985 on: April 29, 2023, 10:22:58 PM »
I hate Walmart with a tremendous passion right now.

Don't want to get into the whole story now, but they botched a delivery, package arrived late and damaged, and won't refund until it gets returned. Agent told me on the phone that I don't need a return label and that Fedex would bring their own, but that was apparently a lie. Fedex tried pickup three times this week, and finally Walmart told me that I need to put on a label they sent me. Fedex will try again tomorrow, but meanwhile, this (huge) package has been blocking my front door then entire week.

I've spent more than an hour on the phone with Walmart and at the end, after numerous messups on their part, they offer me a $5 giftcard for compensation. (I refused.)

Don't think I'm going to shop Walmart anymore (unless there is a huge sale or something).
I had a pickup issue similar to that with off fifth. I returned a pair of shoes that didn't fit and they told me it was already used and sent them back. I sent pictures of the clean soles (I just tried them on in my house and they were still in perfect condition)and asked them for proof that they looked used and finally they said they would take them back. They told me I don't need a label, but FedEx took it without the label and then they said they have no record of FedEx picking it up, and refused to refund me. I fought the charge with amex multiple times and they kept recharging me. Haven't shopped with them since.

Offline YitzyS

• View Profile
« Reply #15986 on: April 29, 2023, 10:28:45 PM »
I had a pickup issue similar to that with off fifth. I returned a pair of shoes that didn't fit and they told me it was already used and sent them back. I sent pictures of the clean soles (I just tried them on in my house and they were still in perfect condition)and asked them for proof that they looked used and finally they said they would take them back. They told me I don't need a label, but FedEx took it without the label and then they said they have no record of FedEx picking it up, and refused to refund me. I fought the charge with amex multiple times and they kept recharging me. Haven't shopped with them since.
Sounds crazy. I feel your pain!

B"H Fedex finally picked up the package today and I got an email from Walmart that they are processing the refund...

Offline yitzgar

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #15987 on: April 29, 2023, 10:59:08 PM »
Sounds crazy. I feel your pain!

B"H Fedex finally picked up the package today and I got an email from Walmart that they are processing the refund...

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #15988 on: April 29, 2023, 11:35:19 PM »
FedEx is incompetent.  Don't ever rely on FedEx for anything important.

(In case you're unaware, they actually use subcontractors. It's an extremely non-professional operation).
-- Dan

Offline Definitions

• View Profile
« Reply #15989 on: April 29, 2023, 11:44:45 PM »
FedEx is incompetent.  Don't ever rely on FedEx for anything important.

(In case you're unaware, they actually use subcontractors. It's an extremely non-professional operation).
UPS doesn't use subcontractors?

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #15990 on: April 29, 2023, 11:54:47 PM »
UPS doesn't use subcontractors?

Nope. At least not in the US. IDK what goes on globally.

ETA: I stand corrected. UPS apparently does use some subcontractors. https://www.ups.com/id/en/services/e-commerce/service-partner.page

Though I don't recall ever seeing subcontractors locally. The opposite is true in regards to FedEx (ground). IINM all of FedEx ground last mile deliveries are done by subcontractors.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2023, 01:44:46 AM by ExGingi »
-- Dan

Offline Definitions

• View Profile
« Reply #15991 on: April 29, 2023, 11:57:10 PM »
Nope. At least not in the US. IDK what goes on globally.
Really? I'm surprised. How do you know?

Offline ~King Lake~

• View Profile
« Reply #15992 on: April 30, 2023, 01:07:28 AM »
BTW Amazon also uses subcontractors and they are highly professional IMHO
I’m in shape, round is a shape…

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #15993 on: April 30, 2023, 01:38:50 AM »
BTW Amazon also uses subcontractors and they are highly professional IMHO

-1 (on professional part)
-- Dan

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #15994 on: April 30, 2023, 01:45:42 AM »
Really? I'm surprised. How do you know?

I stand corrected. See edit above.
-- Dan

Offline ~King Lake~

• View Profile
« Reply #15995 on: April 30, 2023, 11:33:38 AM »
-1 (on professional part)
Please explain
I’m in shape, round is a shape…

Offline Definitions

• View Profile
« Reply #15996 on: April 30, 2023, 12:19:01 PM »
Though I don't recall ever seeing subcontractors locally. The opposite is true in regards to FedEx (ground). IINM all of FedEx ground last mile deliveries are done by subcontractors.
I know for certain that FedEx uses subcontractors for picking up packages in bulk to bring to their processing centers. I don't know about final mile delivery. I'd assume all parts of all shipping companies use subcontractors when needed.

I also would say that any business of that size can't be judged based on individual workers. It could be judged based on operations. For example if FedEx says they guarantee overnight delivery and it doesn't come on time that is the fault of the company.

Just make sure not to waive money back guarantee on your contracts and it'll work in your advantage :)

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #15997 on: April 30, 2023, 12:54:06 PM »
I know for certain that FedEx uses subcontractors for picking up packages in bulk to bring to their processing centers. I don't know about final mile delivery. I'd assume all parts of all shipping companies use subcontractors when needed.

I also would say that any business of that size can't be judged based on individual workers. It could be judged based on operations. For example if FedEx says they guarantee overnight delivery and it doesn't come on time that is the fault of the company.

Just make sure not to waive money back guarantee on your contracts and it'll work in your advantage :)

FedEx ground uses subcontractors (that is their business model) for regular operations. https://archive.ph/ScknE
UPS uses employees to deliver, though in exceptional situations they will use subcontractors.

http://www.braunconsulting.com/bcg/newsletters/winter2004/winter20041.html

UPS corporate culture and training are evident in their drivers. Always friendly and accommodating. Deliveries are in generally more reliable. It is a lot more common for FedEx to deliver to a wrong address than UPS.

I don't ship in bulk, and I get discounted rates for UPS overnight. For the odd times when a delivery deadline was missed by a bit, the time on the phone wasn't worth it to get reimbursed for the shipping charge.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2023, 01:00:14 PM by ExGingi »
-- Dan

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #15998 on: April 30, 2023, 12:56:03 PM »
Please explain

I constantly see deliveries to my home, office, and neighbors. Amazon will just drop it off, not make an attempt to see if someone is home to open the door. Delivery person smoking at doorstep while making deliveries. And while it has gotten better, still the occasional delivery to awrong address.

With UPS I have my driver's cell phone number, it has come in handy quite a few times for both pickup and dropoff. No such thing with FedEx (no regular) or Amazon.

And having lived at the same address for over 25 years, we've gone through 3-4 different regular UPS drivers over the years. All (with the exception of one, who didn't last long - I can only guess why) had great attitudes.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2023, 01:02:33 PM by ExGingi »
-- Dan

Offline Moshe Green

• View Profile
« Reply #15999 on: April 30, 2023, 01:02:45 PM »
I constantly see deliveries to my home, office, and neighbors. Amazon will just drop it off, not make an attempt to see if someone is home to open the door. Delivery person smoking at doorstep while making deliveries. And while it has gotten better, still the occasional delivery to awrong address.

With UPS I have my driver's cell phone number, it has come in handy quite a few times for both pickup and dropoff. No such thing with FedEx (no regular) or Amazon.
Amazon in Israel is even worse. They'll leave it in the apartment building in front of your door and then run off.

We were going away for Shabbos and Friday afternoon i saw a delivery guy go into our building as we were leaving. As a hunch I went back to check and sure enough, he dropped it down in front of the door without waiting for someone to answer.
Another time he gave it to a neighbor.