Topic Wiki

LMS - Last Man Standing.. Not FMS (First Man Standing) - This game is for night time only, not morning, afternoon, or evening.. NIGHT TIME ONLY!!

At night while most of the world is sleeping there are some members which are looking to socialize since they have no one else to speak to; they play a really exciting and fun game which basically every couple minutes you write a comment, the comments range from standing to sleeping, from young grasshoppers to old grasshoppers. it usually begins around 1:00 am EDT

RULES OF THE GAME:

1) Game starts at 1am Eastern, 12am Central, 11pm mountain, 10pm pacific... You get the point.
2) Anyone can call a roll call, just make a reply with "Roll Call". The roll call must be readable to the naked eye.
3) No more than one roll call every thirty minutes.
4) You have 30 minutes to respond to the roll call to stay active.
5) To respond to a roll call just post a reply with "Here" or "y y y"
6) If after one hour there are no more "Roll Calls" or "Heres", then the last person to post correctly either by calling a roll call or with a reply of "here" is declared winner of LMS.
7)You must have been awake for at least 12 hours before making or answering a RC.

OR IN SHORT:

When someone calls for a roll call. No more than one every 30 minutes and you have 30 minutes to respond "Here".

Poll

If Men Could Become Pregnant, Would You?

Yes, I love delivering babies!
Noooooo! I'm afraid....
Not sure. I'll ask my LOR

Author Topic: Random Posts  (Read 2203131 times)

Offline chucksterace

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 40
    • View Profile
    • LYNX IT Consulting
  • Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA Premier 1K; ; LY Plat; Hyatt Platinum; Hertz President's Circle; Avis President's Club
Re: Random Posts
« Reply #4440 on: May 27, 2014, 12:46:32 PM »
you use a waterproof iPhone case? Which one?

Yes.... !!!!  Otterbox Preserver
You may not hold me responsible for any actions taken that were recommended from my account or username.

Offline BigDanFan

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Biz Platinum, Amex Business Gold, Chase Ink Bold, SW, Delta Gold,etc...
« Reply #4441 on: May 27, 2014, 12:50:51 PM »
Yes.... !!!!  Otterbox Preserver
good case. the iPhone 5s takes much better photos than other phones. larger sensor, 8 mp, and f/2.2 aperture
#DDSCLE,#DDSLA, spg platinum 2016,

Offline Ches

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4442 on: May 27, 2014, 11:08:06 PM »
AFAIK, this has nothing to do with sefirah, it's rather a special inyan al pee (no pun intended) kabalah to cut the hair on erev shvuos.
CMIIW.
It's al pee האר״י.
I saw a nice pshat, it's cause the days between Pesach and Shvous are chol hamoed like the Ramban write in his commentary on the Torah, And in Chol Hmoad we don't make haircuts. But Erevan Shvuos we do make a haircut שלא יכנס לרגל כשהוא מנוול.

Offline yoruel

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4443 on: May 28, 2014, 11:28:10 AM »
Boomer Eisason was asked this morning(by craig) if he wants to go LA if the Rangers are in the Finals..... He didnt want to answer(as he is in to maloik) Then he asks" no one here has miles to get a cheaper ticket" :D

Offline notanonymous

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4444 on: May 28, 2014, 07:15:03 PM »
We pull away from the gate ten minutes early...wait in line to take off until 50 minutes after scheduled departure.  Captain just informs us that we'll arrive 25 minutes early.

Offline menachem_m

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #4445 on: May 28, 2014, 07:25:22 PM »
IIRC, when they mandated that airlines report "on time performance" for each flight, the airlines started majorly overestimating the flight duration time.

Offline notanonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4446 on: May 28, 2014, 07:30:34 PM »
IIRC, when they mandated that airlines report "on time performance" for each flight, the airlines started majorly overestimating the flight duration time.
No kidding.  Official scheduled time is 2 hours 45 minutes.  Actual lift-off to landing is closer to 1 hour 40.

Online etech0

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DDF
« Reply #4447 on: May 29, 2014, 10:45:24 AM »
Does anyone know where one can purchase a Lukoil gift card?
Workflowy. You won't know what you're missing until you try it.

Offline DovtheBear

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Regus Gold, Hertz 5 Star, National Executive, Sixt Platinum, Chase Debit, Rav Kav Emerald
« Reply #4448 on: May 29, 2014, 11:17:30 AM »
Does anyone know where one can purchase a Lukoil gift card?
I think I've seen them at Lowe's.
"להסתובב זה לא אומר להיות חופשי"

Online etech0

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DDF
« Reply #4449 on: May 29, 2014, 11:29:06 AM »
I think I've seen them at Lowe's.
Will check it out. It wasn't on Dan's list of what they sell at Lowes, but who knows?
Workflowy. You won't know what you're missing until you try it.

Offline Centro

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 33
    • View Profile
« Reply #4450 on: May 29, 2014, 07:57:17 PM »
Why do I get this msg when I sometimes try to delete a topic?

You cannot delete your own topics in this board. Check to make sure this topic wasn't just moved to another board.
Bump.

Offline Centro

• View Profile
« Reply #4451 on: May 30, 2014, 02:53:25 PM »
Almost forgot to cancel my Citi card, today is day 37!

Offline meshugener

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Amex Platinum, Chase Freedom 10X10 Exclusives, Avis Presidents Club, National Executive, Hertz 5 Star, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold
« Reply #4452 on: June 01, 2014, 03:05:29 AM »
Over shabbos,  a young man passed away, leaving behind a wife and three children, many here knew him, he was a musician - Joel Brach.

I feel its just in place to paste here what he emailed a friend after finding out about his cancer.

"All my life I've worked around the clock, as in 19 hrs day, always worrying about tommorow. I never took a day off, no Sundays, vacations, a holiday. I deprived myself from every sugar, carb, red meat, drinks. I worked out for 2 full hrs EVERY day for the past 17 years. I walked around thinking "Dude, i'm in the best shape a person can be, I only eat Cancr fighting foods, I'm totally sick proof". And then from one min to the next while again thinking to myself, "I have a career, my wife has a career, I'm building a house, I've got my whole life planned out." Suddenly, out of left field, the circuit breakers went off!

My life changed forever!

There are lessons I've learned from all of this, and I'd like to pass them on to my friends. Here they are:

1. "Live today, don't worry about tommorow." And by "live" i mean use your time wisely.

2. The most important thing a person possesses is his family! When going through something traumatic like this, it's only your family that will do everything and anything to help you get through it. No money in the world will help you. All your days at work, all the money you've accumulated in the bank, cant be there to support you, and keep your mind strong. Why put work in front of your family? Why put them on the bottom of the list? When you look around, and truly realize that nobody is guaranteed with their life, regardless of their age, health condition, and worldly possessions. That is when you wake up realize "Hey, Whatever I have or have "earned" isn't because I have acquired it through my own hard work. I was given all of this to do something with it. All of these things "i worked for" was given to me for a purpose. And I now know that purpose isn't to busy myself with. To boast about my accomplishments with it. Everything you are given can be used in either 2 ways. Hold it, boast about it, stare at it and think to yourself "look what I did," Or, cherish it, use it to give back to your family. Spend your time truly making a difference in this world.

3. Realize that if you have enough money to pay your bills. If you and your family are healthy. You are truly the luckiest person in the world.

Ok, my rant is now over

Hope you're having a great summer.

Let's go for a drink sometimes

JB

Love me or hate me. I still love you.

Offline Centro

• View Profile
« Reply #4453 on: June 01, 2014, 03:14:56 AM »
:'( BD"E.

Offline chucksterace

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 40
    • View Profile
    • LYNX IT Consulting
  • Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA Premier 1K; ; LY Plat; Hyatt Platinum; Hertz President's Circle; Avis President's Club
« Reply #4454 on: June 01, 2014, 04:37:34 PM »
So I might have the option to fly on Wideroe Airlines this winter, should I do it? I think its right after everything they did for us.
You may not hold me responsible for any actions taken that were recommended from my account or username.

Offline DovtheBear

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Regus Gold, Hertz 5 Star, National Executive, Sixt Platinum, Chase Debit, Rav Kav Emerald
« Reply #4455 on: June 01, 2014, 04:42:16 PM »
So I might have the option to fly on Wideroe Airlines this winter, should I do it? I think its right after everything they did for us.
It's the least you could do. :)
"להסתובב זה לא אומר להיות חופשי"

Offline stbaum

• View Profile
« Reply #4456 on: June 02, 2014, 12:49:53 PM »
Over shabbos,  a young man passed away, leaving behind a wife and three children, many here knew him, he was a musician - Joel Brach.

I feel its just in place to paste here what he emailed a friend after finding out about his cancer.

"All my life I've worked around the clock, as in 19 hrs day, always worrying about tommorow. I never took a day off, no Sundays, vacations, a holiday. I deprived myself from every sugar, carb, red meat, drinks. I worked out for 2 full hrs EVERY day for the past 17 years. I walked around thinking "Dude, i'm in the best shape a person can be, I only eat Cancr fighting foods, I'm totally sick proof". And then from one min to the next while again thinking to myself, "I have a career, my wife has a career, I'm building a house, I've got my whole life planned out." Suddenly, out of left field, the circuit breakers went off!

My life changed forever!

There are lessons I've learned from all of this, and I'd like to pass them on to my friends. Here they are:

1. "Live today, don't worry about tommorow." And by "live" i mean use your time wisely.

2. The most important thing a person possesses is his family! When going through something traumatic like this, it's only your family that will do everything and anything to help you get through it. No money in the world will help you. All your days at work, all the money you've accumulated in the bank, cant be there to support you, and keep your mind strong. Why put work in front of your family? Why put them on the bottom of the list? When you look around, and truly realize that nobody is guaranteed with their life, regardless of their age, health condition, and worldly possessions. That is when you wake up realize "Hey, Whatever I have or have "earned" isn't because I have acquired it through my own hard work. I was given all of this to do something with it. All of these things "i worked for" was given to me for a purpose. And I now know that purpose isn't to busy myself with. To boast about my accomplishments with it. Everything you are given can be used in either 2 ways. Hold it, boast about it, stare at it and think to yourself "look what I did," Or, cherish it, use it to give back to your family. Spend your time truly making a difference in this world.

3. Realize that if you have enough money to pay your bills. If you and your family are healthy. You are truly the luckiest person in the world.

Ok, my rant is now over

Hope you're having a great summer.

Let's go for a drink sometimes

JB

bd'e
My greatest achievement? I am fluent in FRIENDS quotes

Offline Miracle

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4457 on: June 04, 2014, 04:18:23 PM »

Offline Dr Moose

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4458 on: June 05, 2014, 11:34:40 PM »
Does the price quoted by Uber include tolls?
Hey there! I am using DansDeals Forums.

Offline california

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4459 on: June 06, 2014, 02:24:26 PM »
Check out CIA (@CIA): https://twitter.com/CIA